004

Eyes On You

 

 

 

“Oppa.” Ahyoung entered the conference room, her cousin who was only a month older than her stood up.

“I mean, director.” She corrected herself as she noticed the board of directors in the room.

“Someone reported that they thought you were kidnapped.” He whispered with a grin.

“Did you go out with Myungsoo again?”

“We had lunch the other day, Sungjae was there too.” She replied before taking her seat, Ahyoung then exhaled as the meeting started.

Then her phone vibrate in her bag, she ignored it and just leaned on her elbows while listening.

 

 

Sungjae stared at his laptop’s screen and glanced at the cream envelope on his desk.

“Why isn’t she answering!?” He grumbled before tossing his pen on the table.

 He looked up as his secretary entered his office.

“Sir, President Yook is waiting in his office, he expects you to come.”

Sungjae nodded, he shook his head as he wore his coat and left his office.

“What the hell is happening?” He muttered before walking towards the elevator.

 

 

“Did you wait long?” Ahyoung asked as she entered her office, Vernon was sitting on the couch, he smiled and shook his head.

“It was a sudden meeting, are we eating at your place?”

Vernon nodded and stood up, Ahyoung yelped as he suddenly pulled her to him and hugged her.

“You seem stressed, is everything alright?”

She smiled and planted her palms on his shoulders.

“Work. It does things to you.” She mused, Vernon smiled and kissed the side of her head before letting go.

“I missed you.”

“You were just away for two days, Hansol.” She chuckled before grabbing her coat ad facing him, Vernon was clad in a navy blue sweater that fit him well and a pair of jeans.

“I was stuck in a conference for two days straight.” He grumbled, she chuckled before looping her arm around his.

“Then let’s go before you start sputtering in English again.”

 

 

1.jpg

“How was your day?” Ahyoung asked while Vernon was making dinner, the male glanced at her.

“I was asked to analyze tons of data, sales, marketing, operations…” He winced, she smiled.

“Aigoo, it must be hard running Choi Group.” She mused, Vernon playfully rolled his eyes at her.

“It’s funny right? We entered college, thinking we could do new things and be anyone, and now look at us. Managing our family’s companies, practically being….employees.”

“Employees? You’re the CEO.”

“But I didn’t work for it.” Ahyoung pointed out, Vernon sighed and faced her.

“Does that bother you?” He asked.

“It doesn’t bother you?”

He shook his head.

“I saw it coming, I didn’t really have a choice.”

Ahyoung nodded, she glanced at the window and stared back at her reflection.

“Look, I know you must be really stressed out,” Vernon spoke and placed two plates on the table.

She looked up.

“But you’ll be okay, we’ll be okay.” Vernon caressed her cheek before going to his room.

 

It was already ten in the evening and Myungsoo was inside his two-storey villa, he was clad in black sweater which he had rolled up the sleeves and a pair of jogger pants as he padded to his TV room. His eyes went to the cream envelop on his coffee table.

He glanced at the window again and let his reflection stare back at him.

Then he blinked when he heard the door open.

“Hyung!” Sungjae said, he tossed his coat on the couch and walked to him.

“How can you not say anything? Is this even real?” He was waving the invitation to his face, Myungsoo sighed and pushed him back.

“It’s real.” He replied before getting himself a drink, Sungjae eyed him warily.

“Scotch?”

“No.” He quipped; Myungsoo poured himself a glass before sitting down.

“I don’t see Ahyoung.” Myungsoo said as Sungjae sat across him.

“I don’t know where she is, she must be out with Vermin again.”

Myungsoo was about to reply when the doors suddenly opened, revealing a confused Ahyoung.

“What? Engagement? Are you joking?!” She asked as she stormed in the room, she grabbed the glass from his hand and finished the drink in one shot. Myungsoo stared at his empty glass as she put it on the table.

“It’s real.” Sungjae nodded at her, Ahyoung looked at Myungsoo.

“I was informed two weeks ago.”

“And you didn’t care to mention it to us? Your only friends.” She pointed out.

“Wae? Can you do anything about it?” He snapped as he stood up to refill his glass.

“A heads up would have been nice.” Sungjae commented. Ahyoung shook her head.

“This is unfair, I tell you everything, even Sungjae does. Now, when we ask you what this is all about, you’re facing your back to us?”

Myungsoo faced her, he was surprised by her outburst.

“Young-ah~”

 

 

“You know what, fine. Go get married, or maybe you should meet your wife first before doing that.” She stated flatly before grabbing her purse.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++