010

Eyes On You

 

 

 

 

 

Ahyoung watched as Sehun delivered his speech then their grandfather followed him, the elder had made an announcement about their new release and thanked their guests.

“So, do we get free phones or do I have to nag?” Sungjae asked her as he popped another mini sandwich in his mouth.

“You’ll get one. But, Sungjae-yah, I-” Ahyoung stopped when she felt an arm encircle around her waist.

“Ya, I’ve been looking for you.” Vernon kissed her cheek with a smile.

“Oh, sorry, this party’s got me on my toes.” She winced, the male nodded before shaking Sungjae’s hand.

“Got time?” He asked, Ahyoung nodded and let Vernon pull her away.

 

 

“Congratulations!” The president and CEO of Samsung clasped Myungsoo’s back with a smile.

“Thank you, haraboji!” Sungjae chuckled, L sent him a look.

“Aigoo, it’s nice to see you two are still friends with my Ahyoung. Is this your fiancée?” He glanced at Mihee.

“Yes, Mihee this is Ahyoung’s grandfather, halbae this is Mihee.”

The elder smiled and shook the girl’s hand.

“I wish the both of you well.” The man smiled, Mihee smiled back.

“Thank you, sir.” She replied, then they paused when Ahyoung came rushing to them.

“Young?” Sungjae called her, she paused and looked at them.

“Halbae, where’s oppa?” She asked in a rushed tone.

“I don’t know, he must be talking~”

“I need to go.” She muttered under her breath.

Myungsoo glanced at her.

“I need to find oppa, then I’ll go. I’ll see you tomorrow, halbae.” She kissed his cheek before rushing towards the exit door.

“What’s wrong with that child?”

Sungjae blinked, Mihee didn’t know what to say.

“I’ll talk to her.” Myungsoo said, he slowly pulled his arm away from Minhee and excused himself.

 

Ahyoung slid inside the cab, she told the driver just to start driving.

She leaned back against the seat and bit her lip.

“What did you want to talk about?”

Vernon had grinned at her before letting go of her hand; they were outside the glass windows and enjoying the cool night breeze.

“Just…things.” Vernon nodded, she smiled and nodded before walking to the railings and leaning against it.

“How’s work?” She asked.

“Everything’s the same, I might need to fly to Taiwan next week.” He said before placing his palms on her waist, she nodded.

“But, Ahyoung-ah,”

She looked up to meet his gaze, then he slowly pulled away and took her hand. Ahyoung was smiling when he placed something on her hand, then she froze.

Vernon chuckled, he kissed her forehead before pulling away. Ahyoung looked at the item on her palm, it was a ring with a two carat diamond, surrounded with rubies on the side.

“Hansol~”

“Will you marry me, Song Ahyoung?”

She exhaled again, she didn’t know what to do. She stuttered and ran away from Vernon.

“Marry?” She voiced out, then she yelped as the cab suddenly halted.

“Miss, I’m sorry, but this guy just blocked us.” The driver said, irritated.

Ahyoung looked up, a black Ferrari Itali had stopped right in front of them, clearly blocking the way.

Myungsoo got down from the car and his eyes were on Ahyoung as he walked to the cab.

Ahyoung paid the driver quickly and stepped down from the cab.

“What is wrong with you?” Myungsoo asked, his tone harsh.

“I…I wanted to step out for a bit.” Ahyoung said, Myungsoo glanced at her, he placed his coat around her.

“Last time I asked you if something was wrong, you said nothing was. I wont fall for this now.” He said softly, Ahyoung just stared at him, Myungsoo pulled her to the sidewalk, then he left to park his car.

Ahyoung stared at the ring on her finger, Vernon had slipped it on.

“Ahyoung?” Myungsoo walked to her.

Then he paused, there was something wrong. There was a look in her eyes that alarmed him, she was scared and confused.

“Ya,” Myungsoo grew worried and took her by the shoulders.

“Vernon….he…..” She bit her lip, Myungsoo’s eyes went to her hand.

“Wait, you ran away from him? Right after you accepted his proposal?” Myungsoo paused.

“Ani…I……I got scared, so I ran away….I…wasn’t~” She started to shake in panic, Myungsoo sighed and just pulled her to him.

“I know, I know. It’s okay, stop shaking, Ahyoung-ah.” He murmured lowly, her brows furrowed.

“I didn’t know what to say…so I looked for Sehun, but I couldn’t.”

“So you left.” Myungsoo nodded, she sighed.

“Mwoya, I’m the one whose marriage as arranged and someone proposed to you, and yet you run away.” He said lightly, Ahyoung pulled back.

“Mihee?” She asked.

“I left her with Sungjae, I had to check if you made it out alive.” He said, her lips quirked up.

“I can take it from here L, go back.”

“Nope, not leaving you here. I’ll drive you home and we can watch Princess Diaries or Jaws until you calm down.” Myungsoo said.

“Well, that was a long sentence.” She mused, he just sent her a look before walking ahead.

“The article was released today.” He spoke up, Ahyoung glanced at him.

“Your engagement? The official one?”

He nodded, Ahyoung looked ahead and smiled.

“Best wishes, L.”

Myungsoo glanced at her and smiled.

“You too.”

Ahyoung made a face and pushed him, he cackled.

“But, do we really have to go home? I don’t know if I have food left at home.”

Myungsoo grinned.

“Chicken and kimbap?” He asked, Ahyoung beamed at him.

“Shall we ask Vernon- I mean, Sungjae to come too?”

“Where do you want it? Left or right?” Ahyoung asked.

“What?”

“Your slap, left or right cheek?” She hissed, Myungsoo chuckled before opening the car’s door for her.

 

“Just get in the car, brat.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++