Because of Her

Scandal of the Century
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Because of Her [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

 

“Who was that?” Baekhyun wondered aloud.

 

Jongdae gave him a small smile.  “No one in particular.”

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow.  “Yeah, you’re lying to me,” he said.  “She was super creepy!  She probably would’ve assaulted you if I weren’t there!”

 

“I’m telling you, she’s no one.”  Though Jongdae felt a bit happy and relieved that Baekhyun was protective over him, it was already starting to get annoying.  He knew Baekhyun meant no harm, but it was hard leading him away from things when he has his mind set on them.

 

The other frowned.  “I feel like you’re hiding something…”

 

“Fine,” Jongdae sighed.  “If you really want to know, I’ll tell you.”  He walked into the shoe shop as Baekhyun held the door open for him.  “That was my high school desk mate, Jang Bora.”

 

Baekhyun blinked as he followed him inside.  “Your desk mate?”

 

Jongdae shrugged in response.  “Yeah.”

 

“Whoa…” Baekhyun breathed.  “Did you go out with her?”

 

“No, but she went out with plenty other guys.  Actually, all the guys in my class,” Jongdae said.  “Just not me.”

 

“Oh,” Baekhyun said.  “You’re the lucky one, eh?”

 

“More like unlucky,” Jongdae pointed out.  “I made her seem like she was needy.  She hated me for not dating her.”  He paused as he looked at a pair of Nike sneakers.  “She hated my guts, but she was still flirty with me,” he laughed.

 

Baekhyun fell silent, and Jongdae was starting to wonder if he had told his boyfriend too much.  It was a lot to take in, especially when Baekhyun was the first person he had ever told.  Jongdae had no idea what to expect from him as he listened.

 

“She didn’t…do anything to you…did she?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows.  “Like what?”

 

The other boy coughed.  “Er, I don’t know…”

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened with realization, and he smacked Baekhyun’s arm.  “No!  It’s not like that, okay?”  He pursed his lips.  “She did corner me, though.”

 

There was an emotion Jongdae couldn’t really read in Baekhyun’s eyes.  He looked away a bit and smiled to himself, stifling a giggle.  Was Byun Baekhyun jealous of Jang Bora?  He shuddered at the fact, even though it was a bit cute that his boyfriend was being protective.  Without thinking, his mind flashed back.

 

--

 

Jongdae was sitting at his desk in the front right corner, right in front of the teacher’s desk.  He never really liked sitting there, but since he was the class president, he might as well have a seat in the front of the room.  He could occasionally be hit with spit balls by the guys in his class, but, as time went on, he learned to appreciate the seat.

 

The teacher had walked out to give the students a break, and Jongdae found himself reading from his textbook and taking notes.

 

He plugged his headphones into his phone and put his music on shuffle.  Much to his surprise, it was the OST he liked by Kyuhyun (x).  He smiled at the pretty piano intro and was soon lost in his own world as he read.

 

Someone tapped his shoulder, and he looked up to see a pretty girl with shoulder-length hair smiling down at him sunnily.  Her skin was pale and flawless as usual, her eyes twinkling.  You can tell she altered her uniform, because her skirt was a bit too short for Jongdae’s liking.

 

That was Jang Bora.

 

She opened and began talking to him, but he couldn’t hear her at all through the music.

 

She reached down and took an earphone out.  “Hear me better?”

 

“What?” Jongdae said stupidly.

 

“I was asking you if you wanted to go out with me later today,” she said.  She sat down at the seat across from him and smiled.  “We can go to a movie and grab some tteokbokki or something afterwards.”

 

Jongdae turned away from her and started writing again.  “Not interested.”

 

He could feel her anger seething from her, and he forced himself to keep his eyes down on his paper.  It died down as she forced out a laugh.

 

“Aw, Jongdae-yah, don’t be that way,” she cooed.  “I’m a pretty popular girl.  I don’t think you want to turn this chance away.  It’s rare for me to come down and-”

 

“Bora,” Jongdae said, staring at her now.  “I told you I’m not interested.”

 

She stood up abruptly, causing all the students to turn and stare at them.  Jongdae felt his cheeks turn slightly red as she huffed with annoyance.  “Yah, Kim Jongdae!”

 

“What?”

 

Something flashed in her eyes before she hissed, “Quit looking up my skirt, you ert!”

 

Whispers fluttered throughout the room as people stared at Jongdae, who was trying to stay calm.  She smirked triumphantly.  He blinked indifferently, though he was trembling with anger inside, as he stood up and tried to tower over her, making her step back a bit.

 

“Jang Bora,” he said softly.  He took his thick glasses off and chuckled darkly.  “When you cut your skirts that short, you lose your classiness.”

 

She scoffed.  “What?”

 

“You know, I used to wonder how you got boys by your sides so easily, but now I see,” he said.  “You’re digging yourself into a deep hole.”

 

The others in the class widened their eyes.  This wasn’t something they saw everyday, especially from the ever-so-quiet Jongdae.  Some were silently cheering Jongdae on, while others, like Bora’s sidekicks, were glaring at him.

 

“Do you even know what you’re saying?” she snapped.  “My father can have you expelled!”

 

“But when I tell your father the reason why I said it, maybe he’ll understand too,” Jongdae said calmly, the words smoothly flowing from his lips.  “Get ahold of yourself, Bora.  You’re out of control.”

 

I can’t deal with this anymore, Jongdae thought.  With that, he pushed his wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter