Bittersweet

Scandal of the Century
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1] Bittersweet [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

 

“Hello, Jongdae,” Bora said, smirking.  “Long time no see.”

 

The only thing Jongdae could possibly comprehend at that point was his fear.  He shivered as the chilly, winter breeze seemed to caress his hair.  His stomach sunk all the way down to his feet, his bones freezing to the core.

 

He mustered up as much courage as he could.  “What do you want?”

 

“Nothing really,” she snickered, shrugging.  “I just want to see you suffer.”

 

Jongdae frowned.  “What did I ever do to you, Bora?”  He pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes.  “Can’t you just leave me alone?”

 

“Don’t you understand?  You ruined me,” Bora shot angrily.  Her eyes blazed.  “Ever since that day in high school, I knew I just wanted to kick your and see how you felt.  I lost my good reputation from you.  All my friends.  My family’s respect.  Everything.”

 

He scoffed.  “Over an argument about how low you’ve become?  Is that it?”

 

She glared silently at him.  He could feel her anger washing over him in waves, pushing him down.  Her sinister laugh seemed to echo in his ears.

 

“Don’t think I don’t know what you did after that, Jongdae,” she said, her voice smooth like honey.  “I have eyes and ears everywhere.  I know you spread those rumors about me.”

 

“What rumors?” he shot.  “Don’t be ridiculous-”

 

“I’m completely serious right now,” she laughed, her eyes crazed.  

 

Jongdae backed up a step as she took a step forward towards him.  His breaths were short and quick, panicked slightly.  His knees shook as he took another step back.  She reached forward and pulled a handful of his soft hair.

 

He let out a yelp of pain.  “Let go!”

 

“Not until I get what I deserve,” she hissed.  She pulled harder.  “You have to do some things for me, dear.”

 

“Like what?” he said through gritted teeth.

 

She leaned down and smiled.  “Stay away from Baekhyun.”

 

“Why would I do that?”

 

“Don’t you see?  I’m a trainee now,” she said triumphantly.  “I’m fair game.”

 

Jongdae’s eyes were wide as he stared at her.  Shock flooded his brain.  

 

At first, he wanted to laugh.  Bora wasn’t talented at anything at all, even if she wanted to be.  He took that back.  The only thing she was good at was being a complete .  A pretty one, though.  His mind swirled.  Perhaps that was how she got in.

 

Because of her fake beauty.

 

He internally denied it.  She probably got her parents to convince the committee.  She probably seduced someone…

 

“Fair game, my ,” he hissed.  “Now let me go.”

 

“What can you do, Jongdae?” she sneered.  “We’re part of the same company now.  I’m protected.”  She started to drag him away.  

 

“Where are you taking me?” he asked, his voice raised with panic.

 

She stopped and smiled down at him.  “Somewhere you hate.”

 

He struggled.  “Let go!  I’m filming a variety show for goodness sake!”  Her nails dug into his hand as he tried to pry her fingers away from his locks.  “Ahhh…” he whimpered as she tugged harder, dragging him away.

 

Jongdae could feel his head pounding with pain as she dragged him away.  White started to encase the frame of his vision.  He couldn’t feel his fingers.  He couldn’t even feel the tears streaming down his cold cheeks, as they fell and dribbled down his jacket.

 

“Let go of him.”

 

Jongdae heard a gasp, and immediately the pain slowly died away.  His head hit the dirt path.  He turned his head slowly until his eyes fell upon a new figure.

 

“T-Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon glared at Bora.  “What do you think you’re doing?”

 

“Um…ah, I…” Bora trailed off.

 

“Get away,” Taeyeon hissed, pushing the other slightly.  “What gives you the right to touch him like that?  Do you wanna die?”

 

Bora pursed her lips.  “T-Taeyeon-unnie…”

 

Taeyeon pushed her again.  “I’m not your unnie, you bully, so get away before I claw your eyes out.”  She glared.  “Beat it, .”

 

“S-sorry…” Bora muttered before turning and running down the street.

 

Taeyeon hurriedly crouched down next to Jongdae and softly shook his shoulders.  “Jongdae.”  He groaned and opened his tired eyes.  She grabbed his cheeks gently.  “Yah, Kim Jongdae.  Look at me.”

 

“Thank you,” he whispered.  He sat up slowly with her help and sighed shakily before running a hand across his sore scalp.  “Agh…”

 

“Are you okay?” she asked, her eyes filled with worry.  “If she hurt you, I swear I’ll hunt her down and-”

 

“I’m okay,” Jongdae coughed.  “Just a bit…shaken, that’s all.”

 

She eyed him weirdly before helping him to his feet.  Taeyeon was the last person Jongdae expected to save him.  His heart ached with a bit of disappointment that it wasn’t Baekhyun saving him from Bora’s evil grasp.

 

“Wait,” Jongdae started.  “What are you doing around here, noona?”

 

She gave him a small smile.  “I was in the area when I heard you guys were filming.  I wanted to come over with some coffee, but I ran out of cash.”  She shrugged.  “So I’m here empty handed.”

 

“Oh,” Jongdae said softly as they walked back.  His cheeks heated up with embarrassment as she smiled.  

 

“What?” she laughed as she playfully smacked Jongdae’s shoulder.  “Thinking dirty thoughts, eh, Jongdae?”

 

“N-no!” he protested.

 

They walked back to the small place in no time.  Jongdae stopped before they reached the door, and Taeyeon looked at him with confusion.

 

“Noona,” he said.  “I’m sorry for suspecting you.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter