I Think I Like Him

Scandal of the Century
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[CONTENTID1] I Think I Like Him [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

Jongdae woke up with his head hurting.  He opened his eyes tiredly and squeezed them closed, trying to get rid of the pain.  He hissed a bit through his teeth, rolling around in his bed.  Hangovers were always the worst, which is why he never wanted to drink.

 

But boy, was his dream weird.

 

It was great.

 

But weird.

 

Weird as .

 

He never really thought he would end up dreaming what he did, but everything seemed to change as soon as the alcohol hit.  He inwardly scolded himself as he opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling.  He rolled over onto his side and saw Lay sleeping peacefully in his bed.

 

Yup, definitely too early to get up.

 

He sighed and closed his eyes, trying to envision his dream again.

 

He remembered being carried for quite some time before being laid down gently on something soft, obviously probably his bed.  He couldn’t see anything through his heavy eyelids, but he could definitely feel something.

 

Something on his nose.

 

It was definitely warm and soft, and smelled sweet.  Again, Jongdae couldn’t see what it was.  It was almost as if he were blindfolded.

 

Whatever it was, it felt great, and he couldn’t help but wanting a bit more.

 

That was all he could remember.

 

He sat up and ran a hand through his hair.  For some reason, everything felt wrong.  Was it really a dream?  It seemed too real…too genuine…he could’ve sworn he felt some feelings of…

 

He couldn’t pinpoint it.

 

His head began to hurt from thinking too much, a problem he hadn’t had ever since middle school.  It could also be because of the alcohol.

 

Speaking of alcohol, I smell rank! he thought as he slipped out of bed and shuffled sleepily to the bathroom.  Much to his despair, it was locked, and he waited outside, his forehead pressed against the door.  He closed his eyes and started to fall asleep.

 

The door creaked open, and Jongdae stumbled in to see Baekhyun.

 

The boy stared at him, his upper half while his lower half was covered with a towel.  Water droplets from his hair landed on his chest.  His eyes mirrored Jongdae’s shock as he froze in mid motion from drying his hair with another towel.  Apart from shock, his eyes also seemed tired and drained.

 

“S-sorry…” Jongdae stammered, looking away.  “Didn’t know the door was unlocked…”

 

Baekhyun smiled.  “That’s okay.”  He then laughed.  “Better you than Chanyeol or Sehun.”

 

“I guess…” Jongdae trailed off.  He gulped.  “Well, I see you’re done.  I’ll just…squeeze by…thanks…”  He was about to pass Baekhyun when the older boy stopped him, holding onto Jongdae’s arm.  His grip was firm but gentle.  Jongdae glanced at Baekhyun.  “Um…”

 

“You’re so awkward today,” Baekhyun observed quietly, avoiding his eyes.  “Is it because…because of last night?”

 

Jongdae froze.  He could swear his heart stopped.  Was it all true?

 

Wait…Baekhyun was the warm, soft thing?  

 

Hold on!  What happened?  Do I remember everything?

 

Baekhyun glanced at Jongdae, and his eyes widened even more.  “Ah, don’t think of it that way.”

 

“You ert!” Jongdae shouted.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae turned to see Kris at the doorway with a sleepy Tao behind him.  He looked incredibly grumpy and annoyed while Tao had no idea what was happening.  

 

Then Tao’s eyes widened.  “Wait…”  He pointed to Jongdae, then to Baekhyun.  “Are you guys…a thing?”

 

“What?  No!” Jongdae said.  

 

Kris growled.  “Well, can you guys shut up?  I was dreaming of flying when-”

 

“Gege, no one asked you to get out of bed,” Tao pointed out, a hand on the other’s shoulder.  “Just go back to sleep.”

 

Kris seemed reluctant, but he finally nodded and shot a look at Jongdae and Baekhyun before going back to his room.  

 

Tao stood at the doorway and sighed.  “What happened this time?”

 

“Baekhyun’s being a ert and I have no idea what happened last night!” Jongdae exclaimed.

 

“Okay, first of all, I guess that’s a bad thing.  Second of all, can you please keep it down?” Tao hissed.  Jongdae stepped back, blinking, and Tao gave him a curt smile.  “Thanks.”  He turned to Baekhyun.  “I’m assuming you guys need some time alone?”

 

“Um, yeah,” Baekhyun said, coughing awkwardly.  “Sorry we woke you up.”

 

Tao nodded before walking away, closing the door behind him.

 

Jongdae’s heart leapt as Baekhyun turned and sighed.  “I’m sorry, Jongdae.”

 

“For what?” Jongdae asked honestly.  

 

“For confusing you.”

 

Jongdae looked down.  “Did we…by any chance…?”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened.  “No.”

 

“Good to know,” Jongdae said softly.  He was about to walk past Baekhyun when the other stopped him again.  Jongdae inwardly groaned.  Being in his presence was starting to drive him crazy in both good and bad ways.

 

“Jongdae…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Baekhyun paused before he smiled and shook his head.  “Nothing.”  He opened the door.  “The water’s still warm.”  Then he walked out.

 

Jongdae made sure to lock the door before he pulled his smelly t-shirt off.  He leaned against the sink with both of his hands placed on the counter, staring at his steamy reflection.  His face was red with embarrassment, and he knew exactly what it was from.

 

He sighed and undressed himself before climbing into the shower.  The hot water seemed to wash all of his anxieties away as he stood under the shower head.  The water caressed his sore muscles, and he smiled at its gentleness.

 

He seemed to forget about Baekhyun for a moment.

 

About his confusion.

 

But as he started to think again while drying himself, he began to realize something else.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter