Talent Show

Opposites Attract {DISCONTINUED}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the talent show. Acts were everywhere: several dancers, an impersonator, a comedian, a magician and more. However, there were not many singers as had they expected. There were only four. As the acts prepared themselves backstage, Areum and Baekhyun were only looking out at the crowd.

 

"Welcome all students, parents, and teachers to our winter talent show!" One of their teachers announced. "We have many talented students backstage who I'm sure are all excited to share their talents with you! Anyway, let's get on with the show! First off, we have dance crew Infinite!"

 

Seven boys entered the stage in black clothing and began dancing difficult steps with much ease. Meanwhile backstage, Areum was losing her mind.

 

"Can I back out? There's so many people and I'm gonna mess up or just start crying on stage!" Areum said, running her fingers through her hair.

"Areum, listen to me, you'll be fine, we got this, arraso?" Baekhyun smiled warmly.

"Neh... But I'm gonna mess up and we'll lose!" Areum whined, covering her face with her hands.

"It doesn't matter if we win or lose, only that we have fun and show everyone who awesome we are. Plus, we're singing a song that's still pretty new, no way is there going to be someone who knows the song by heart-"

 

"I know the song by heart," Joy smirked, dragging Yoseob with her.

"Joy? Is he your partner?" Areum asked, pointing to the terrified boy behind her.

"Him? Neh, he's Yoseob, a much better singer than Baekhyun, that's for sure," Joy spat.

"Joy... What happened with you? You were so kind to everyone... Then you liked a guy who rejected you, so what? That's my whole life it a nutshell Joy, luckily I've never been in love... Or I'd be doomed... But enough about me, Joy, what happened?" Areum asked.

"Baekhyun rejected me, that's all, why should I be nice if he doesn't care for me enough to date me?" Joy scowled.

"So you're nice to people who care about you enough to date you? So you're saying your brother cares enough about you to date you? Because that would be totally weird if that's what you meant..." Areum admitted.

"Just shut up you (bleep). I'm up and I don't want to deal with you..." Joy said, making her way to the stage.

 

Areum stared at Joy's back, stunned at what has happened.

 

"Did she just call me a..." Areum said woozily.

"Ignore her Areum, just think of the lyrics of to dream. It's a happy song so think happy thoughts, arraso?" Baekhyun said.

"Neh," Areum agreed.

 

Joy and Yoseob soon finished their song. Yoseob was happy it was over and Joy went over to the two friends.

"Good luck, hope you don't mess up," Joy spat, sending shivers down Areum's spine.

"Neh, um... Thanks," Areum said, walking away from the situation.

 

Sooner or later, it was their turn. They gave one of the other teachers their CD with their music and made their way onto the stage. Areum looked nervously at the crowd and spotted her friends sitting there with their phones, ready to record. They wanted to remember the moment when Areum overcame her fear.

 

"Now, welcome to the stage, singing the song Dream, Baekhyun and Areum!" The teacher announced.

They listened to the gentle music begin to play and they stood by their own microphones, ready to sing. Baekhyun then began to sing his lines as he kept glancing over to Areum, making sure she was okay. The crowd was amazed. Not just by his singing but also at the fact that he was handsome. He began to smile as he noticed Areum's calm behavior. Then, Areum closed her eyes, and began to sing.

Her soft, gentle voice shocked the crowd due to the fact that they've never heard her sing. Her usual loud voice was a complete difference from her singing voice. She stood and slowly opened her eyes. She quickly glanced to her side and saw Baekhyun smiling at her, she smiled back, happy that she was able to perform without being made fun of. The crowd watched the two sing and soon began to notice the two glancing at each other from time to time.

However, it didn't matter to the two. They were lost in the words of the song. It was like flying in the clouds to them both. Soon enough, they forgot the crowd was watching them and sang their hearts out.

Both of their friends watched from the audience, smiling at the two on stage. They were proud of the both of them, but mostly Areum. The girls smiled dorkily, thinking of ten thousand scenarios for the two from their knowledge of their past dating or dramas and stories. The guys on the other hand smiled at the two like proud fathers, even though some were younger than Baekhyun but not Areum. However, one wasn't smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter