8th Grade (2nd Confession)

Year by Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~8th Grade (2nd Confession)~

            "Sehun, Sehun, Sehun, Sehun, Sehun, Se-hun, Sehunnie, Hunnie, Hunhan."

            Sehun looked towards the boy who was constantly calling for his attention for the past five minutes with a blank expression, "What the heck is a Hunhan?"

            The questioned boy rolled his eyes as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world, "Our names combined together, duh."

            Giving Luhan an unamused look, Sehun reached up to the unsuspecting boy and proceeded to flick the other on the forehead, "Don't use it to call for my attention."

            "Ow!" Luhan rubbed at the reddening spot on his forehead with a pout already on his lips.

            Ignoring Luhan's attempt to guilt trip him with puppy eyes, Sehun returned his attention to the video game he snuck into the school classroom.

            "Sehuuuuun pay attention to me!" Luhan's whining only picked back up as he shuffled from in front of Sehun's desk to pulling out a chair and taking a seat beside the other.

            "Even if I wasn't paying attention you usually tell me anyways," muttered Sehun, eyes still glued to the handheld game system before him.

            Luhan huffed in exasperation, "I need your help with something."

            "If it's to copy my math homework for tomorrow again, you're out of luck because I didn't even get the chance to copy it from Yixing this morning," replied Sehun.

            "What? No, I already copied it from him during our first break."

            Sehun instantly shoved his game into his desk and gave his full attention to Luhan, "Let me copy it."

            Luhan smiled sweetly, "Now you decide to pay attention to me?"

            Sehun knew that look far too well on Luhan's face and it was the farthest thing from 'sweet' despite what all the girls in class have cooed about. "Zelda is a very intricate video game filled with lots of puzzles and brain teasers that require a large amount of my attention however that is still no excuse for me to ignore one of my closest friends. So you now have my undivided attention," reasoned Sehun. He needed the math homework, it was bad enough he never took any notes so the least he could do was turn in the homework on time.

            "Uh-huh," Luhan nodded understandingly.

            "And you're still not giving me the homework are you?"

            "Oh definitely not, no way."

            "…" Sehun narrowed his eyes at Luhan threateningly but all the other did was smile back cutely, "What do you want?"

            "Help me move the soccer team's equipment to the storage room in the gym," answered Luhan as he headed for the classroom's door knowing that Sehun was going to follow him without a doubt.

            Proving Luhan correct, Sehun got up grumbling under his breath about never letting Luhan copy his math homework for free ever again the next time the other needed it.

            Moving equipment in or out of the storage room was always a pain to do simply because the field was all the way on the other side of the school so if a lot of the equipment was taken out it would take almost twice as long to put everything back since practically everyone was too lazy to do it. Sehun cursed the people who built the school in the most inconvenient way possible and then proceeded to curse at all the lazy pre-teens who couldn't bother to take their lazy selves all the way across campus to put the equipment away themselves making the captain of the team to do the job. He even cursed Luhan for being the captain of the team and cursed at himself for not copying Yixing's math homework himself this morning.

            "Stop grumbling and cursing at everyone in your head, you're just cranky because you're just as lazy as everyone else who didn't want to do this job."

            Sehun glared daggers at Luhan while the other continued to shove soccer balls into the bag to carry back, "Damn right I'm lazy and cursing everyone! Why can't you order your team to put all the equipment back? This is unfair to pin all the work on the captain!"

            Luhan sent Sehun a look and quickly shut down all arguments with just one simple question, "Have you seen the soccer team?"

            Of course he has, Luhan made it a point to invite him to all the games (which he went to) and looking back to all those matches he clearly understood. The team (although great players for eighth graders) were some of the most rowdiest, careless, and loudest punks around, they'd probably end up ruining the equipment in their haste to put it away (more like shove in wherever there's room than placing the equipment in their proper spots) and leave for home. "…Point taken."

            "Exactly."

            Sehun groaned, "Why do I get dragged into doing your duties too? I'm not even on the soccer team!"

            "Because I like you best," Luhan grinned at Sehun but the blush lighting up his cheeks was far too noticeable to ignore.

            Sehun looked away from Luhan's blinding smile and blushing cheeks, choosing to grumble under his breath again as he picked up the bright orange cones used for soccer drills, "You always say weird things."

            "And you are also our unofficial cheerleader since you showed up to all our games so technically-"

            "Don't even finish that sentence unless you want my muddy shoe thrown in your face."

 

            Dragging all the soccer equipment back to the storage room took a total of three trips before they were almost finished. Luhan stood on the tip of his toes in an attempt to boost his height to place the stacked cones on to the top shelf where they belonged. Sehun leaned against the door keeping it open so the light could reach the room in order for them to see what they were doing.

            "You're so short, if you can't reach then just throw it up there," Sehun observed boredly as Luhan continued to struggle.

            "I am not that short! I am just average height! You're just freakishly tall for a brat! Plus if I throw it up there I might not be able to get it back down for next practice," shot back Luhan stubbornly.

            Sehun sighed, "You're going to end up tipping that stack over and it's going to fall right on top of you."

            "Nuh-uh," replied Luhan childishly, "I've done this plenty of tim-"

            As if Sehun's words jinxed the entire situation, Luhan's already loose grasp of the stacked cones slipped and the entire stack came tumbling down. Luhan flinched and closed his eyes, expecting pain to hit him soon but what he felt instead was a strong grasp on his arm pulling him and then his face hitting something that felt like fabric while the cones fell noisily to the ground.

            "I told you, you were going to end up tipping that thing over."

            Luhan's heart nearly jumped out of his chest, Sehun's voice was right next to his ear. Sehun had saw the beginning of the cones falling over onto Luhan and managed to just barely pull the other out of the way. Luhan hesitantly took a step back, his face overly warm to the point where he's sure he's blushing all the way to the tips of his ears.

            Sehun easily released Luhan from his hold and looked questioningly at the other, "You okay? You didn't get hurt right?"

            Luhan covers his face with his hands in embarrassment and shakes his head. He manages to squeak out a high pitched, "I'm fine!"

            Sehun nods at the answer satisfied with knowing Luhan wasn't hurt and looks around the room, "It's pretty dark in here, no wonder you told me to keep the door open for you."

            Luhan stiffened up, dread sinking into his system as his hands fell away from his heated cheeks, "Sehun… Is the door completely closed?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter