12th Grade (6th Confession)

Year by Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~12th Grade (6th Confession)~

            "Hey, did you hear the news yet?"

            "Hm? News? What? The ty administration at our school is finally going to do their job correctly?"

            "What are you stupid? The ty administration is ty for a reason, they're not going to change even when a decade of students graduate. Besides forget about them, the real rumor going around is that apparently Oh Sehun likes somebody."

            "No way, the Oh Sehun who's always hanging around Luhan?"

            "No , who else is popular enough to get a rumor spread about them when they like someone?"

            "It's always the good looking ones, he can get anyone he wants too. Ah, I'm jealous. I wonder who it could be?"

            "You tell me, every gender is after his ."

            "Yah! You two, stop gossiping like little pre-teens and go run your drills like the rest of the soccer team!" orders Luhan as he blows his whistle loudly.

            "Yes Captain!" yells out the two soccer team members in unison before running off to join the rest of the team.

            Luhan grimaces after they disappear. He overheard their conversation and he was very aware of the rumor spreading around the school like a wild fire. Oh Sehun has a crush on someone but no one knows who it is, not even Luhan who was the closest to Sehun.

            The both of them have gotten busy with all the things going on during their senior year ranging from soccer team duties to school obligations like filling out their college applications. Everything seemed to be moving so quickly that Luhan was almost afraid to blink for fear that everything would pass him in that short moment. He sees Sehun from time to time, it's not as often as he wants it to be but the both of them makes sure to make time for each other. Today they're going to have lunch together again too so Luhan makes a mental note to himself to confront the other about the rumor. Sehun did say before that he never kept any secrets from him.

            "Captain!!! Watch out!!!"

            The screams coming from the soccer team across the field catches Luhan's attention, breaking him out of his thoughts, as he turns around to see what all the commotion was about but that was a fatal move in itself. There's not a second to even spare, the entire team watches their soccer captain hit the ground harshly as one of the strayed kicked soccer balls hit Luhan directly on the side of his head, effectively knocking him out completely.

            "Oh ! Captain!" The soccer team starts shrieking in a chaotic mess as they run towards Luhan at lightening speed. "Don't die on us Captain! We need you!"

            "Did we just murder him!?"

            "I'm too young to go to jail! I barely even hit puberty!"

            "Puberty!? You're too old to be going through puberty!"

            "The !? Stop blabbering nonsense! Hurry and get him to the nurse!"

            "The Captain isn't going to die on us! But oh gawd, he's probably going to kill us when he wakes up!"

            "He's going to have a hell of a headache when he wakes up though!"

            "You think he'll have amnesia and not remember we hit in the head with a flying soccer ball?!"

            "Who's going to lead this team now?!"

            "Just go! All this right before the championships too! Oh gawd Captain is going to be so pissed."

            The team whimpers at the vice captain's command and two of the strongest members of the team help carry Luhan to the nurse's office. The nurse was surely in for a big surprise when she opened her door to see two soccer team members carrying their unconscious captain through the door to be treated while rambling over each other to explain the entire situation.

           

 

            Luhan feels a horrible pounding on the side of his head, it's almost as if someone hit him over the head with a shovel and then decided to strap an ice berg to the wound. A groan escapes Luhan's lips as he fights to open his eyes.

            "Don't strain yourself."

            The voice sounds familiar and Luhan also feels the freezing ice berg moving away from the sore spot on his head. He whimpers slightly as the pain increases before the ice berg is placed back on the spot again to dull the pain.

            "I guess keeping this here for a while longer would be good."

            Luhan finally opens his eyes and his vision clears after a few blinks, he's a bit dizzy but that should pass soon, and he sees Sehun sitting at his bedside holding an ice pack to his head. Sehun smiles gently, "Hey."

            "Sehun…" Luhan blinks again, trying to grasp what was going on. All he remembers for certain was that he was on the soccer field and suddenly he out and is now in the nurse's office with Sehun.

            Seeing the confusion on Luhan's face, Sehun decides to fill in the missing blanks that Luhan probably isn't aware of, "Your teammates said that they're really sorry and hope that you won't kill them when you wake up for hitting you in the head with a soccer ball and knocking you out cold."

            Luhan's eye twitches and he feels the pain on the side of his head pulse, "What? They did what?"

            Sehun chuckles, soccer was always something Luhan took very seriously. "Go easy on them, they looked like they were going to cry."

            "Yeah, we'll see how my mood is after I see them later," scoffs Luhan before giving Sehun a questioning look, "Did you carry me to the nurse or something? Is that why you're here?"

            Sehun shakes his head, he smirks amusingly, "The nurse called me in because you kept mumbling my name while you were knocked out. Your teammates were so freaked out that they immediately went to go find me and practically drag me into the room to tend to you. Although the force was highly unnecessary, I would have came on my own if they simply told me."

            Luhan felt his blood rush to his face, heating his skin red all the way to the tips of his ears, "I-I was mumbling your name!?"

            Sehun hummed as he tried to keep the ice pack in place while Luhan sat himself up on the bed.

            Luhan groaned again, "How embarrassing…"

            "It's not that big a deal," grins Sehun playfully before his expression turns gentle again, "Anyways how are you feeling?"

            "Could be better, but I think I'll manage. The headache should fade soon," sulks Luhan.

            "Are you still up for lunch?" asks Sehun curiously.

            Luhan smiles, his mood getting better instantly, "Always."

            "Great, here hold the ice pack to your head. Most of the swelling has gone down I think but it still hurts right?"

            "Yeah," Luhan takes over holding the ice pack as Sehun lets go, "Are you going to go grab our lunch?"

            "Already did," Sehun walks over to the nurse's desk and pulls up both of their backpacks from the chair opening them both to grab their lunches, "The nurse went on a lunch break a little earlier too."

            "Oh, so we have the whole nurse's office to ourselves~"

            "Yeah," Sehun takes a seat at Luhan's bedside again and opens both of their lunch boxes for them, "So let's eat."

            Luhan is about to put his ice pack down to grab hold of his food but when he takes the soothing ice pack away he winces as the pain comes back almost instantly. Sehun sees the other in pain and grabs Luhan's lunch instead of his own.

            "Hey, Sehun that's my-"

            "Ahhh," Sehun scoops up a spoonful of rice from Luhan's lunch and brings it before Luhan's lips, rendering the other speechless, "Open."

            It takes a second before Luhan makes sense of the command and opens his mouth for Sehun to feed him, his heart flutters and he can't keep another blush from blooming on his cheeks as he chews the food while avoiding Sehun's gaze. It's things like this that made Luhan fall even deeper for Sehun, the unexpected kindness.

            There's not much talking because Sehun is feeding Luhan and Luhan is trying to focus on chewing his food correctly without choking on it accidentally. It's not long before the lunch box is empty and Sehun is putting it back away in Luhan's back pack before starting on his own lunch.

            "Thank you," speaks up Luhan while Sehun is mid-bite into his lunch.

            "You're welcome. Just rest up well, that was a pretty nasty fall you took," replies Sehun with concern.

            "Mmm, okay," agrees Luhan.

            "What had you so distracted anyways? Usually you can sense when a ball is coming at you," wonders Sehun as he remembers all the soccer games he's been to where Luhan practically tore up the fields.

            Luhan thinks for a moment, trying to remember why he didn't avoid the ball like he normally would. He gasps when his memory comes back to him. "Oh, it was about you…"

            Sehun crinkles his face in worry, "You know, you should save day dreaming about me when you're off the soccer field."

            "I wasn't day dreaming about you!" argues Luhan, "I thinking about something that concerned you!"

            "Uh-huh, and what was it?" questions Sehun with smirk.

            Luhan looks at Sehun, debating with himself if he should ask about the rumor. Maybe he doesn’t want to know the answer especially not on a day like today. It'd probably hurt less if he didn't know but that would mean he's only avoiding the truth, whatever the truth could be and he doesn't want that at all. The light feeling in his chest sinks a bit as he steels himself for the answer. Luhan gets ready to ask, he looks away for a moment but his gaze c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter