9th Grade (3rd Confession)

Year by Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~9th Grade (3rd Confession)~

            Luhan held on to Sehun's shoulder with one hand while his other hand held on to the fence in attempt to keep his balance as the taller boosted him up to the top. When he was able to reach both his hands on to the top, he hooked the tips of his shoes into the openings of the fence and pulled himself to the other side, dropping carefully to the ground with a successful grin. Seeing Luhan safely on the opposite side of the fence, Sehun picked up both of their backpack and threw them over so Luhan was able to catch them on the other side.

            "Hurry up Sehun! The student council is on patrol right now, they might catch us!" whispered Luhan urgently as he slipped his backpack back on, "Or even worse one of the teachers!"

            Sehun sighed, "I'm coming, I'm coming. I can't believe you convinced me to ditch school with you."

            "High school is horrible why wouldn't you want to ditch?" questioned Luhan as Sehun began scaling the fence himself to jump over.

            "Oh I don't know, maybe because it's against the rules and we can get ourselves suspended?" replied Sehun sarcastically as he swung his leg over to the other side, preparing himself to jump down to the sidewalk.

            "Hey! Stop right there!"

            Jolting at the unexpected yell, Luhan and Sehun turn their heads to spot a teacher heading angrily straight towards them.

            "Oh gawd," Luhan looked up at Sehun fearfully, "Hurry Sehun! Before the teacher gets any closer and catches us!"

            Sehun clicks his tongue in annoyance at the turn of events and quickly jumps down beside Luhan, "Let's get the hell out of here." Sehun grabs his backpack out of Luhan's grasp and uses his other free hand to grab Luhan's pulling the other into a full out sprint away from the school gates while the teacher yells all sorts of obscenities towards them.

            The two of them continue running away from the school until Sehun runs out of breath and tells Luhan he needs a short break. Luhan pulls Sehun towards a bus station bench where the other takes a seat, Luhan is perfectly fine as he takes in their surroundings since after all he's used to running with all the soccer practices he's been in.

            "Looks like we ended up in the down town district," notes Luhan as he looks at all the familiar shops.

            "Great, now what do you want to do?" questions Sehun after getting the much needed oxygen into his lungs.

            Luhan smiles widely as he turns to look at Sehun, "Arcade games!"

            "I don't have any money on me," deadpanned Sehun.

            Luhan's smile instantly fell, "I don't have money either…"

            Sehun groaned, "The next time you want to ditch, make sure you tell me ahead of time so it's actually worth the day to ditch."

            Luhan scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "Right… Well what do you want to do then?"

            "Something that’s free," Sehun stood up from the bench and looked down the street of lined up stores.

            Luhan tried following Sehun's line of sight to see what the other was looking for, "So you want to window shop?"

            "No, that's a waste of time. We-" a certain store caught Sehun's attention, "-should go there."

            "Hm? Where?" Luhan tried to see what Sehun was pointing at but he didn’t get the chance to even see since Sehun started walking off, "Hey! Sehun wait for me!"

            Sehun only calls back with a quick, "Hurry and catch up then."

            Luhan frowns and quickly runs after Sehun. He hooks his arm with Sehun's making sure they won't lose each other and let's the other take them wherever he was planning on going. They've started doing this often and Sehun never seems to mind, holding hands or hooking arms, Sehun never complains or tries to get out of Luhan's hold. Luhan feels a new found hope blooming in his chest but he wants to be careful to not become too hopeful because this could only be a figment of his imagination, Sehun just might be too nice to say no to him.

            Being lost in his thoughts and trusting Sehun to guide him safely, Luhan didn't even notice when they had walked into a store until Sehun nudged his side.

            "Stop zoning out on me, you're going to end up knocking something over on accident."

            Luhan blinked for a moment as the world came back into focus again.

            Books. Lots and lots of books. Nothing but books filling the entire store from top to bottom.

            "…Sehun…" started Luhan slowly.

            "What is it?"

            Luhan snapped his head over to Sehun who was clearly avoiding his gaze. "Why the hell are we in a bookstore when we ditched school to avoid books?!"

            "…Because it's free to look at the books and the library is obviously too far for us to walk. Besides there's a bunch of comics here to occupy ourselves with," reasoned Sehun as he deliberately looked in the opposite direction of Luhan's glare.

            Although Luhan didn't particularly take the reasoning well, he continued to hiss at Sehun, "I don’t even open my textbooks unless you force me to and none of the comics I read have come out with a new volume yet."

            "Then try reading a real book," teases Sehun as he picks up one of the many books on the shelf.

            "Never. Let's go to the pet store instead, I bet they'll let us play with the puppies," Luhan tugs on Sehun's arm that’s still hooked with his to get the other walking.

            "That's too far from here, we'd have to walk a couple of blocks to get there," complained Sehun as Luhan continued to pull on his arm.

            "But I'm going to be bored out of my mind if we stay here," whined Luhan.

            "Read something."

            Luhan glares at Sehun again, but he knows the other isn't going to leave the store any time soon. "Fine, pick something out for me to read then."

            Sehun rolls his eyes, "Why can't you do that yourself?"

            "You dragged me in here, so work to keep me happy."

            "Sure thing my King," replied Sehun sarcastically before pulling any random book from the shelf without even looking and handing it to Luhan, "Here."

            Luhan takes the book from Sehun and opens it to the first page while Sehun looks for his own book to read, well he was until Luhan decided to open his mouth again. "…Sehun."

            "Yeah?"

            "…You're a ert."

            Sehun stopped short of browsing the books on the shelf, turning to glare at Luhan for such an odd accusation out of the blue. "And why are you saying such a thing?"

            In answer Luhan held up his book so Sehun had a clear view of the title, '101 Different Animal Reproduction and Mating Processes!'

            Sehun's eye twitched. Did he really hand that to Luhan? Why the hell was that in the book shelf anyways!? They were in the fantasy section what in the world would that book have any business being in this bookshelf of all places?!

            "I never knew you had this side to you Sehun. To think that the person I like so much is really a closeted ert. I guess I learn something new everyday." Luhan waved the book around teasingly with a smirk on his lips.

            "I am not a ert," denied Sehun immediately.

            "Mmhmm," Luhan continued smirking, "Your face is so red though, I think you're lying about that."

            The observation from Luhan made Sehun blush a little darker, "I'm not blushing from lying, I'm blushing from being embarrassed by how ridiculous it is that you think I'm a ert. You're insane."

            "Awww are you pouting now?" Luhan reached up and pinched Sehun's cheeks, "Don't worry Sehun I'll keep your secret safe~"

            Sehun grimaced as he swatted at Luhan's hand, "There is no secret whatsoever. I never kept any secrets from you anyways Luhan."

            "Ah," Luhan's eyes widened for a moment, his mouth making a circular 'o' shape, "Really? Not even once in all the years we knew each other?"

            Sehun shook his head and pulled at Luhan's cheeks irritably until they were just as red as his own cheeks, "Stupid, what would I gain from keeping secrets from you?"

            Luhan rubbed at his cheeks with a pout, "Being able to hide your erted tendencies is one of them."

            "Why you-" Sehun made another grab at Luhan's cheek but the other only giggled at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter