[Bonus] Internship

Year by Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~[Bonus] Internship~

            Sehun strides confidently down the hall of the children's care unit. The nurses don't bother to ask what he's doing down in this area anymore despite clearly wearing the uniform for emergency physicians, who obviously belong in the next building over.

            Being an intern at the hospital for the past few months already almost seems like it flew right over their heads entirely. Everything just felt as though it all clicked into place.

            Sehun knocks on the door at the end of the hall before opening it and entering. Not even a full step into the room and a pair of twins, a young boy and girl, run up to him and attach themselves to his legs.

            "Doctor Sehun came again," announces the little boy cutely.

            His sister giggles, "Doctor Luhan will be happy."

            "Doctor Luhan would also be much happier if doctor Sehun would stop trying to steal his patients every time he came to visit." Luhan stands with his hands on his hips but the wide smile he has shows he doesn't mind the least.

            "I can't help it if your patients like me more than they like you," jokes Sehun as he reaches down to pick up the two giddy kids.

            Luhan sticks his tongue out childishly, "Then you take over being a pediatrician and I'll go be the emergency physician."

            "I didn't study to be a pediatrician, you did," replies Sehun just as childishly with a light laugh as he sets the two kids back down on their respective beds. He hands each of them a toy from the basket near the foot of the bed before turning back to Luhan, "So what's the diagnosis for today?"

            "Both of them are rapidly improving, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll be released to go home by the end of the week. I'm only checking up on them and updating their charts for today. I just finished a few minutes ago before you came in."

            "That's good to hear," Sehun ruffles the kids' hair affectionately, "I'm going to borrow doctor Luhan for a bit okay?"

            "You always come to take him away," says the little girl matter of factly.

            "Can you bring back treats for us?" wonders the boy.

            "Mmm, we'll have to see about that. Head pediatrician Suho wasn't too happy the last time I came back with lollipops for you two," replies Luhan guiltily.

            "Awww," the kids pout at the two doctors in disappointment.

            "How about we come back a little early from our break and play a game with you two instead?" negotiates Sehun.

         

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter