10th Grade (4th Confession)

Year by Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~10th Grade (4th Confession)~

            From the second that Luhan opened his locker it was as if a stream of nothing but letters and notes , spilling forth from the locker's opening making a messy pile on the floor.

            The first question that spills from Luhan's mouth, however, isn't why or how there were so many notes and letters in his locker but, "How did they manage to shove an entire box of candy into my locker without opening it?"

            Luhan crouches down and picks up the small square box in confusion, standing up to show it to Sehun who was right beside him. The latter shrugs indifferently, eyes more focused on the fact that the letters and notes (that didn't spill to the floor) were still piled pretty highly in Luhan's locker.

            This type of experience wasn't really anything new because the both of them were popular in school and they were very well aware of it. Their attractive looks clearly attracted attention wherever they went while their contrasting personalities made them intriguing for the single (and sometimes non-single) population of their school, their popularity only grew with the two years they spent in high school. It became common that they would receive love letters and notes in their lockers, books, desks, and any other random place that their admirers could shove them. The letters and notes only became really overflowing when it approached any holiday or couple event.

            "What's going on with all the letters lately? They seem to be piling up more than usual and I swear Valentine's day already passed a few months back," garbled Luhan as he shoved one of the candies in his mouth.

            Sehun's attention switched back to Luhan, who ate another piece of chocolate, "Are you seriously eating those right now?"

            "What? It's free candy," Luhan pouted with his chocolate stuffed cheeks, a thought suddenly occurs to him though and he offers the last piece of chocolate in the box to Sehun, "Did you want some?"

            Sehun's eye twitches as he pushes down the urge to swat the box away from him, "No. I don't even eat the ones I get."

            Luhan's blinks in shock, "Wait. You never ate any of the treats that you've received?! What about that huge pile you got on Valentine's!?"

            "No. I either gave it back or I leave it on their desk. I don't want it," replied Sehun easily. It was the truth, he didn't care for any of the sweets these strangers came up to him and left on his desk. It didn't make any sense as to why they would do such a thing just because they seemed to be infatuated with him. Most of these people he didn’t even know or bother to realize that they were even in the same class as he was, so it just felt too awkward to accept anything given to him in that manner.

            "…Sehun… I gave you chocolates for Valentine's day too…" Luhan glowered at Sehun darkly, he will not stand for wasted candy especially from Sehun of all people, "What. Did. You. Do. With. It?" Luhan distinctly remembers Sehun taking the small chocolate box and card from him but what happened after that he wasn't too sure because Sehun didn't deny the sweets from him nor did the other place it back on his desk. Sehun always accepted his Valentine's day gift.

            "You ate it, remember?" Sehun gives Luhan a pointed look causing the other to shrink back in shock, "I kept the card though, it's in my drawer at home."

            Luhan was stunned to say the least, Sehun had to be lying why would he eat Sehun's Valentine's chocolate that he specifically gave to him- Oh crap, Luhan remembered vividly now what had happened and he does not want to relive the memory. An embarrassed, slightly nervous, laugh escapes Luhan as he makes an attempt to change the subject, "Right… Anyways help me get the letters and notes out of my locker so I can get my notebook?"

            "Sure, you want me to throw them away?" Sehun bent down and gathered up some of the ones that were piled on the ground.

            "No! That's mean!" Luhan gasped at the suggestion, "…Hold on… Sehun do you throw yours away?"

            "…" Sehun avoided answering the question by picking up the rest of the dropped letters and notes on the ground.

            "Oh my gawd."

            "I just didn't see any reason to keep them and it would have been a pain to find the person to return them all," reasoned Sehun.

            True, Sehun did have a point. "I know but still. I at least keep them in a box until the year is over, that way if I get called out from the classroom or anything I can find their note and give it back to them." Luhan frowned lightly as he took the letters and notes cluttering the inside of his locker out and placed them on the growing pile in Sehun's arms.

            "You actually go when you get called out?" The question was said monotonously but there was just a hint of curiosity that Luhan could detect in Sehun's voice.

            "Yeah… Don't tell me you don't go at all?" Luhan raised an inquisitive brow at Sehun, although a part of him he couldn't deny felt anxious at hearing Sehun's reply.

            "No."

            Luhan's heart sank a little bit. It was hypocritical of him to hope that Sehun didn't go while he went to all of his confessions but Sehun was special to him, he wanted to keep Sehun to himself. It was a selfish thought by a selfish desire. He wanted Sehun to hear only his confessions.

            Sehun sees the crestfallen look on Luhan and found it highly unnecessary. "Only the persistent ones."

            Luhan looks up at Sehun confused, "Huh?"

            "I only go to the persistent ones that won't give up." Sehun smiles, "So far there's only been one confession that I've been going to repeatedly because the person claims that they still like me. Today I have a confession to go to too."

            It takes a moment before Luhan realizes that Sehun is talking about him and his heart is sent a flutter again while his stomach turns nervously. His cheeks pinken considerably as he starts sputtering and piling more letters and notes into Sehun's arms at a faster rate. Luhan practically throws himself into his locker as he tries to hide his flustered face, "Th-That's really- I-I'm glad then… That you also remembered…"

            Sehun chuckles lightly at Luhan's reaction. He decides to let Luhan cool off a bit and calm down from his flustered state by telling him he's going to go find a bag to put all the letters in so it'd be easier for the other to carry home.

            Luhan squeaks out a quick, "Okay I'll wait here for you!" before Sehun walks off.

            With Sehun gone Luhan pokes his head out and looks around at the empty hallway, he sighs quietly to himself as he tries to will the blush on his cheeks to disappear. He grabs his notebook from his locker and closes the door to it but as he lowers his backpack to put the notebook in, something falls out. It's another paper, Luhan assumed it was another one of the letters that somehow landed in his notebook but upon picking it up he finds that it was really a flyer from the school about the school dance that was later tonight. Ah, he almost forgot about this, no wonder there were so many letters and notes lately.

            He wanted to ask Sehun to go with him after they went to the hill but he held back thinking that a double rejection in one day wouldn't be a fun thing to experience right before going to an event like this plus Sehun doesn't like these types of things at all.

            But… Maybe it won't hurt to try? Luhan's sure Sehun won't mind going with him even if they just go as friends… Determination begins settling in Luhan's mind as the idea sounds more and more appealing to him as he thinks it over. He doesn't have anything to lose after all. That settles it, he'll definitely ask as soon as Sehun comes back.

            As he thinks about the best way to go about this, Luhan suddenly hears footsteps approaching him from behind. His heart picks up speed in anticipation as he swallows down the urge to shove the dance flyer away in the trash. He's sure that those footsteps belong to Sehun because the whole school is practically empty now so there's no one else that those footsteps should belong to, but he's not mentally prepared for this yet. He isn't sure why he's nervous after all he's confessed to Sehun about three times already so honestly this should be absolutely nothing in comparison. But… this is the first time he's asking anyone to a dance… So there's some difference in that right?

            The echo of footsteps gets louder and Luhan hears the sound pause right behind him. Wasting no time so that he doesn't end up chickening out of this, he shuts his eyes and turns around while ing the dance flyer in his hand towards the person behind him. "Do you want to go to the school dance with me?"

            "…Um, okay."

            Luhan's heart almost stopped, he couldn't believe it! Sehun actually-

            Wait.

            That's not Sehun's voice…

            Luhan opened one of his eyes to finally see the person that he shoved the paper at and he wished the ground could open up and swallow him to the pits of hell. Why?

            Simple, he shoved the paper right to Jongdae. Jongdae, the nicest person in school who helped everyone who needed help. Jongdae, the super smart and head of the student council for their year, who rivaled even Luhan and Sehun's own popularity in school. Jongdae, who is impossible to say no too because you would simply feel too guilty because Jongdae has literally helped almost everyone in the school even Luhan and Sehun when they ditched last year by shortening their detention time.

            Luhan gaped, mouth opening and closing repeatedly despite the lack of words that wouldn't come forth.

            "I didn't expect to be asked out to the dance by you Luhan," Jongdae smiled kindly and took the paper from Luhan's still outstretched yet stiff fingers. "I was actually coming back to the classroom to get my things after helping out with the student council but thank you for asking me."

            "Eh?" Luhan felt the room spin as his mind tried to wrap itself around the situation he just created for himself.

            "I'll pick you up from your house. I'll be there by 7 so we'll have plenty of time to get to the dance on time," added Jongdae.

            'Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo' was what Luhan would have liked to say but what came out involuntarily was "Okay, see you then…" He couldn't be so mean to Jongdae like that besides this was all his own stupid idiotic fault.

            Jongdae grinned happily and reached up to ruffle Luhan's hair, "Great, see you then. Don't look so nervous, the dance will be lots of fun."

            Luhan nodded robotically, an awkward smile on his lips. "Yeah the dance will be fun."

            "Head home safely then, I'm going to go pick up my things from the classroom. See you tonight," Jongdae smiles again before he leaves Luhan (who's screaming his head off in his mind at the mess he's in).

            It's when Jongdae is out of the hallway does Luhan catch the glimpse of a uniform all the way down the other end of the hallway and this time it's without a doubt Sehun who came back with a bag full of the letters and notes. The odd thing though was that when Luhan met the other's gaze, Sehun seemed frozen in place at the end of the hallway, Luhan only assumes that the other must have heard everything...

            Even Sehun's eyes are wide with surprise. He certainly didn't expect to walk back to find Luhan agreeing to go to the school dance with someone.

 

 

            The walk home with Sehun was everything awkward and tension filled as Luhan thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter