Chapter Two

Forgotten Memories

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

What Seohyun heard from her parents was indeed shocking. It turned out that she was already in her thirties and was happily married. She would have never thought she would fall in love and get married before entering the fourth decade of her life. For her, boys are not prioritised at the age of twenty-four and younger than thirty. But as they say, expect the unexpected.

She had been staying in the hospital for four days now and she was getting tired of it. Nobody else visited her apart from her parents and they only brought food, mostly. She was grateful but she was getting bored. She had installed most of the good games into her phone but all of them were not her type of game. She was prohibited from turning on the television because her parents believed that if she saw any image of her accident from the news, it may affect her health. She has tried calling some of her friends and the members of Girls' Generation but she didn't know how to talk to them. Eight years is long enough for people to change.

Dr. Kang finally let her go home on the fifth day since she woke up. He was supposed to continue observing her health for another couple of days but he realized she needed proper rest. Her home would be the perfect place for resting instead of the hospital where nurses won't be constantly coming in to give her medications or checking her blood pressure. Also, her parents would be with her all the time so if something happened, they could call him or head directly to the hospital, which is highly unlikely.

Seohyun was packing her things. It was finally the time where she would go out and take in the fresh air that she missed for days. She couldn't wait to see the new changes in the world that she couldn't remember. Also, she was excited to finally meet her husband that she hadn't seen yet. He hadn't visited her and she was getting disappointed that her husband would not even see her just for a few minutes. She didn't have the right to judge him. Maybe he was just busy. But he could have called at least.

Seohyun closed her bag and sat on the tidied bed and waited for her parents. They went to finalize her discharge papers.

The door opened and it wasn't her parents that entered. It was her fellow members, Hyoyeon and Tiffany. Despite nearing their mid-thirties, they looked younger than their actual age. Their auras were more mature but Seohyun felt like they were still the old unni she remembered and knew. 

"Seohyunnie," Tiffany said as she ran to the maknae and gave her a squeezing hug. "How are you?"

"Hello Hyoyeon-unni, Tiffany-unni. I'm feeling great," she replied.

"Yah maknae! You made me worried," said Hyoyeon and hugged her next before giving her a bouquet of flowers. "We heard about your amnesia and I felt bad that I wasn't the one who jumped in."

Seohyun heard about Hyoyeon being with her when the accident happened. Hyoyeon was the first one to call an ambulance because the others who also witnessed the terrible accident had their phones out and recording instead of calling for help.

"Unni, can I ask a question?" 

Hyoyeon and Tiffany looked at each other before replying, "Sure."

"Mom and dad always avoided answering me whenever I ask who I married to. So, who did I marry to? He hasn't visited me yet." Seohyun asked straighforwardly.

Both members looked at each other again, hoping that one of them would answer her question. Tiffany decided that she would do the talking after a long enough eye glaring competition with Hyoyeon.

"Seohyunnie," Tiffany began. "I really want to answer your question but I am not allowed to. Your parents told me that they will explain everything to you when the time comes and now is not that time. They want you to take it easy and have proper rest without stress. They don't want you to think a lot."

Seohyun could only give them a sad smile. She kind of guessed they won't tell but it doesn't hurt to try.

"So what happened to Girls' Generation during the past eight years?" Seohyun asked to divert the topic.

Hyoyeon sat beside Seohyun, "Still as popular as ever even I'm surprised. A lot of new girl groups have surfaced but nobody can beat SoShi. There's a lot of reporters at the entrance of the hospital, waiting impatiently for any news of our youngest. I guess a hiatus can make us remain famous."

Seohyun chuckled, "Why are we in hiatus? Was my accident that big? Or is it because we are in the 'useless' phase for our company." Of course, the last bit was sarcasm.

"Your accident was pretty much big due to the good deed you've done. And yes, we are on hiatus because we are not just Girls' Generation but also Mommies' Generation," Tiffany replied. 

"I want to check the news about it," Seohyun said as she grabbed her phone but Tiffany took it off her before she could open it.

"No no no no no. You can't check it."

"Why? I think I'm perfectly fine now. Besides, nothing can shake me up more than hearing I missed out most of my twenties and got married to a very uncaring guy who never bothered to visit me."

"Well… The news are just about what happened. Nothing more to read. And also your fans are worried and they sent a lot of handmade letters and  gifts to the company for you."

"Then can I atleast know which member had her baby?"

"Do you want to guess?"

She paused for a few seconds before a frown formed on her lips, "I don't know. It's hard to guess. Maybe it's me..."

Sweats formed on both of the women's forehead. Their hearts beat hard against their ribs, like they were about to pop out.

She then looked at Tiffany and Hyoyeon and said, "Maybe not. Mom and dad would have told me about that first before everything else."

Seohyun's mother entered the room and the two tensed women finally let out a sigh of relief.

"Joohyun-ah, it's time to go," she said and looked at Tiffany and Hyoyeon. "Do you want to come have lunch with us? I'll make all your favorites. There's also beef."

Hyoyeon and Tiffany declined.

"Maybe next time but thanks eommonim. Seohyun needs to rest and we have a schedule coming up," said Hyoyeon.

"Too bad, I thought maybe you three would catch up with things but if you're busy, there is nothing I can do," Seohyun's mother gave each of them a hug before they bid farewell and left.

When it was time to leave, Seohyun grabbed her bag and followed her mother to their car in the car park. There were too many reporters waiting at the front of the hospital to see her and wanting to know how she had been. The company and her family kept quiet for now. 



 


Seohyun checked her old room. It hadn't changed much. Her bed was still the same, her old keyboard was still in perfect condition and even her shelf full of albums from different artists were kind of the same except there were more. She saw some albums that she hadn't seen before. Even Girls' Generation's. She was glad that the company let them continue releasing songs even though they were not 'girls' anymore. The latest one was from six month prior. She put the CD into the player and played it. 

She fell asleep without realizing and woke up when she heard her mother's voice calling her for dinner. The sky was darker and the sun was no longer in sight. She fixed herself and went down to the dining room. The table was set until no space was available.  It seemed that her parents invited her cousins and relatives as a celebration on Seohyun's discharge.

Seohyun felt left out during the dinner. She didn't know what they were all talking about as it was mostly about the events that happened within Seohyun's lost eight years. She only ate in silence while listening to their conversations. They asked her questions from time to time and she answered them with short responses. 

After dinner, Seohyun had a short fun time with her cousins and their children that they brought along. She was grateful the children would talk random things with her and allow her to play with them, of course with their parents. There was awkwardness at first but Seohyun slowly opened up. They talked about a lot of things and even though they were in their thirties, they acted like teens. The things they talked about included fashion brands, most reliable children products and their married lives.

They were all having fun but Seohyun noticed that they were holding back something. She wanted to ask them but she was sure they would not talk about like, just like her parents and her members.

There was something going on and she wanted to get to the bottom of it.

 

 


A/N

ASDFGHJKL!!!!!

/fangirls/

Forgive my fangirling but I just can't help it. SMTOWN in Osaka was held a week ago and I watched some of the fancams, especially the endings. It's a disappointing that there wasn't any SeoKyu duet but I guess that was expected.

If you see the video (credits to the owner) SeoHae shippers will fangirl but what I saw was something far from it. When I looked at it for the first three times, all I saw was Donghae holding onto Seo's wrist and playfully pulled it. The next hundred times was a bit different, what my delulu mind processed was Donghae pulling Seo's wrist towards Kyu's. Donghae was also pulling Kyu's fingers towards Seo. And I was just !@#$%^&*. And whenever I see that video now I just tell my mind that that was nothing. NOTHING HAPPENED ;; 

 

Chapter 2 is up. Thanks for all those who read, commented and subscribed this fic. Thank you very much /bows 90 degrees/

 

04/17/17: Edited