Chapter Eleven

Forgotten Memories

A/N The inconsistencies in this story is beyond me xD I would read past comments and would wonder "Have I already named their child?" or "Does she finally remember?" And then I would re-read it again and would see.. nothing. I actually lost the original draft (my old computer broke and it was all there- my everything!).

So apologies again. My head has like 3 stories to be written all at the same time and I think I am mixing them all up. But I'll try to focus on this more because it needs more attention from me. My SeoKyu heart is in drought. 

 Do let me know of my mistakes. I'll try to edit them ASAP. But for now, we will stick that she has not remembered a single thing and that the baby has not been named yet.

 


 

Chapter 11

 

No success when it came to producing milk. She actually felt frustrated. And whenever she was feeling such a thing, Kyuhyun would offer to become her punching bag. Seohyun would do no such thing. She was a lady. Raised so proper that even the public cannot say anything bad about her. 

Kyuhyun and Seohyun have already spoken to both their parents. Updating them of what has happened and mentioning their future plans. Of course, Seohyun's parents were somewhat against it. After a lot of reassurance from their lovely daughter, they got the green light.

The story of her losing memories remained within their close circle. Only close friends and family knew of the true situation. They were going to try to keep it that way for as long as possible. 

Seohyun continued to stay in the hospital. A day after her first attempt at feeding, the good news came. Her baby can come out of the incubator and can finally sleep on a normal baby bed that did not encase her body with see-through glass.There were no more tubes and probes connected to her small body. She was getting there. 

Dahyun was allowed to visit. At first he was very shy. It seemed Kyuhyun and their parents explained the situation to him. Despite his very young age, he was able to understand. Seohyun could not believe that he held back. 

She could remember the first time she saw him. Dahyun could not help but stare at her for a long time. And the way he held on very tight to Kyuhyun. That made sense now. He missed his mother. At that time, he help his father tightly because he was asked to promise to keep a secret. He could not run to her arms like what he would normally do.

Apparently, Dahyun was crying non-stop the first few days after the accident. Neither Kyuhyun nor Dahyun's grandparents could calm him. He would only stop crying when he was exhausted. Kyuhyun could only cuddle him and never leave his side. 

During Super Junior's after-party concert, it appeared that Dahyun was calmer with Victoria. Victoria was happy enough to look after Dahyun for the whole duration of the concert and the party. Seohyun did not question Kyuhyun's relationship with Victoria. She already knew they were very good friends since before. Also, he already showed his commitment to her. He made his promise when in front of their daughter. His eyes were very sincere. No doubt ran through her veins.

Kyuhyun picked up Dahyun from his parents' house. Seohyun stayed to mind their daughter, trying to feed as often as she could. Still no milk but maybe the baby can help.

When Dahyun arrived, the first thing he did was ran to Seohyun who only just placed the baby back to her cot. Seohyun gladly scooped him up and hugged him tight. She kept apologizing as she swayed him in her arms. He started crying. 

She felt responsible for the suffering Dahyun went through. He had nothing to do with what happened but he was affected the most out of everybody. He was only a child. 

Seohyun may not remember how she carried him for forty weeks, or when she gave birth to him, or when he first had his first steps. But she could feel the love for him as his mother. She believed her body and heart remembered Dahyun. 

Of course, Kyuhyun told Seohyun all about Dahyun. Even showed her the pregnancy book she had worked hard on. It contained all her ultrasound details, cravings and even triggers for morning sickness. She wrote them all. There was also a separate baby book where it had Dahyun's first photo, first time eating solid foods to vaccination memories. She looked at them all. At least by doing that, she would get to know Dahyun even a little bit. 

She continued to rub the back of the crying child in her arms. Whispering reassurance into his ear and giving him kisses every now and then. From the corner of her eyes, she could see a somewhat displeased reaction from Kyuhyun.

Dahyun finally ceased his crying after ten minutes. She gave him a drink of water and he gulped in down with gusto. She was going to put him down but he held onto her tighter. She could only smile at the action.

"Do you want to meet your baby sister?" she asked him. He nodded before wiping away his tears and snot clumsily on his sleeves.

Kyuhyun picked up the baby from the cot. Holding the baby by her head and her bottom, he held her closer to Dahyun. Dahyun hesitantly reached out his tiny hand and poked her chubby cheek with his finger. He retracted his hand when the baby stirred from her sleep. 

"We don't have a name for her yet, Dahyunnie" said Kyuhyun. "Do you want to help mommy and daddy give her a name?"

Dahyun nodded. He continued to look at his new sibling. All of them were looking at the new addition to their family. 

"Huiyoung." 

Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun. "Huiyoung?"

She nodded. "She brought us joy and prosperity. Huiyoung. Cho Huiyoung."

"Hee-youngie" Dahyun repeated in his most adorable voice. 

"I guess I can finally register her birth." Kyuhyun kissed Huiyoung's head. Her head having more hair than when she was born. "Welcome to the family, Cho Huiyoung."

 

 

A few days later, Huiyoung was finally allowed to go home and she was welcomed by all the family. Of course, the grandparents, especially the grandmothers, were fighting on who to carry little Huiyoung first. The grandfathers were discussing about how grateful they are the baby got mosts of Seohyun's beautiful looks. Dahyun, who was in Kyuhyun's arms, reached out to Seohyun for him to be carried by her.

"Do you not like me anymore Cho Dahyun?" Kyuhyun asked his son while pretending his feelings were hurt by placing a hand to his chest.

Dahyun grinned cheekily before sticking his tongue out to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was amazed at what his son was now able to do. He definitely did not teach him that, probably. 

The couple decided to stay in their apartment instead of staying with their parents'. It was going to be tough considering Kyuhyun had schedules but Seohyun was re-assured that both grandmothers would help if she asks. Plus, Kyuhyun's older sister also offered to help. 

The table was filled with traditional Korean dishes. At the other side of the room was a mountain high of presents that were never opened when Huiyoung was born. Kyuhyun decided to leave all the ripping to his wife. And yes, in that way too.

The house soon became quiet a few hours later. One by one, they left. Both of them were grateful that their family helped with cleaning before leaving the house. 

"When are we going to have a party with our members, Oppa?" she asked him as they seated in their living room, enjoying the long last peace. She sat closer to him and leaned her body, her head on his shoulders. Kyuhyun was stiff for a moment but then he relaxed and pulled her closer to him. Seohyun let out a subtle sigh or relief, of contentment. 

Dahyun and Huiyoung were already sleeping. Both of them decided they would enjoy the moment before Huiyoung cries again. As with the milk situation, they finally had the result they wanted. Except, it was not enough. 

"We can switch her to formula. We can give her both. There is no harm in doing that." He said in relation to their dilemma. 

Seohyun's face became red and Kyuhyun noticed this. Apprehension covered her face. Seohyun kept telling herself to not to be embarrassed. He was her husband and in terms of what she was going to say, he needed to know as well. 

She shook her head. "Y-yeah. Yeah. We can do that."

He turned his body to face her and pulled her hand slightly, urging her to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong," she replied. 

"I have been married to you for quite some time now Joohyun-ah. I can tell when you lie."

Seohyun was not fond of telling him about... this. He was a man. And more than likely, he would not be able to help her. She pondered on asking another, such as one of the members who probably went through what she was going through. 

He pulled her into his chest and caressed her hair. "It's okay if you won't tell me. I know it will take a while for you to fully trust me and get comfortable. There is no rush."

Kyuhyun was too kind to her. He was such a perfect husband anybody could ask for. How she wished she could kiss him then and there. There were no problems with that but it was just a bit awkward. As twenty-four year old Seo Joohyun, she had little to no experience with dating. Let alone being intimate. And the thing that was bothering her was not exactly appropriate. 

Then again, she was not confident asking her members or friends. 

He could not see her face. At least when she mentions it, it wouldn't be that bad.

"It's just," she tightened her hold against him, burying her face in his chest even more. Just tell him, Seo Joohyun. "Milk production is just slow to come out... that's how I feel."

"Is it frustrating you? Like I said, we can switch her to a formula milk instead and-"

"That's not what I mean," she interjected. She has read so many books so she should have a wide variety of vocabulary at her disposal. Unfortunately, her brain was not working as hard as she hoped. Was it because of the accident, she thought.

"Promise me not to laugh. I'm being serious at the moment, Oppa."

He leaned his chin on top her hair. Enjoying this moment where she was in his arms, comfortable in a way.

"I won't laugh." He promised.

She took a deep breath to calm her racing heart. 

"I feel it full and in need of release." She waited for his response. None came for a few seconds. She did expect him to react regardless of his words. 

She leaned back to see his face. His hand went to her waist. His face... was looking strange. His eyes were not looking towards her and his mouth was pressed thin like he was trying not to say anything.  

"What's with that reaction?" she asked him. Before she could get an answer, he stood up. "Where are you going Oppa?"

"I think I heard Huiyoung cry. I'll see to it that she is okay." He did not even glance back. 

Seohyun looked at the monitor in front of her, on top of the coffee table, where she could see both Huiyoung and Dahyun asleep in their beds. The microphone was definitely on and if Huiyoung did cry, she would have heard it as well. 

 

The headache was constantly present. Pain-relievers gave relief but not for a long time. Seohyun could not afford to stay in bed. She had two children to look after. She was grateful to Dahyun for being a good boy. He was not fussy and when he played, he would always clean up after. Huiyoung on the other hand was an angel. Seohyun could feel it in her guts that she wouldn't stay like that for long.

Sooyoung arrived to visit Seohyun. She brought with her a little boy, Hajoon. Hajoon was a bit older than Dahyun. Hajoon immediately invited Dahyun to play with him and off they went to Dahyun's playroom where he gladly shared his most prized possessions, his toys.

"How is having a newborn again Seohyunnie?" Sooyoung hugged Seohyun. When the hugging finished, Sooyoung handed Seohyun a pink paper bag. 

"Eonni, you did not have to bring anything," Seohyun gave her member another hug. She was just grateful Sooyoung was able to visit her. 

"I forgot you don't remember anything..." Sooyoung immediately apologized. 

"It's okay Eonni. I am grateful to you for coming."

"Don't be. I'm also here to check how you are doing. And also give you some tips and tricks because technically you are not a new mom but you are new to this whole mommy business."

"What will I do without you." Seohyun reached out and held Sooyoung's hand. 

"We are Soshi. We are sisters. Of course we help each other out." Sooyoung tightened her grip in reassurance. 

Both of them went to the kitchen. It was nearly lunch time. The ladies prepared simple dishes that, not only the kids, but they can also enjoy. The headache came again. Seohyun stopped in her tracks for a second and prayed the pain would go away. She had a visitor and she could not be burden to her. 

"Seohyun-ah, are you okay?" Sooyoung asked, worry on her face. 

"I'm okay." She denied. "I was just thinking of something."

"You don't look great." Sooyoung reached out her hand and touched Seohyun's forehead.

Seohyun took Sooyoung's hand away gently. "I'm fine."

"No you're not. Do you want me to call an ambulance? It could be an effect from your accident." Sooyoung took out her phone to dial the emergency services. Seohyun stopped her. 

"It's not that Eonni. It's just embarrassing to talk about it." Seohyun wanted to tape . Out of all excuse Seo Joohyun, you wanted to tell about that?

"What about?" Sooyoung placed her phone back to her pocket. Her full attention now at their youngest.

Contemplating on how to say it, Seohyun decided to just let it out. "I am having trouble with feeding and it has been keeping me awake at night." 

Sooyoung went to the stove to turn off the heat that was cooking their lunch and led Seohyun back to the living room where they could have a heart to heart conversation. 

"So what about feeding?" Sooyoung asked.  

Taking all of her courage that she had pent up somewhere, she confessed. "It doesn't feel right. It feels like a balloon being filled with water. As the balloon fills up, the pressure increases. There is a tiny hole that will help release that pressure but it's not sufficient when the amount of water coming in is much more than going out."

Sooyoung repositioned herself to make herself more comfortable. This topic was not to be ashamed of but it was unexpected. 

"You did have a problem with feeding with Dahyun. You briefly mentioned it before."

"By any chance, did I mention the solution?"

Sooyoung appeared unsure whether to tell Seohyun or not. She did have the answer. 

Seohyun's eyes pleaded. A cute puppy dog eyes that Sooyoung cannot endure. She was their beloved youngest. Who could resist that?

Sooyoung placed her hand on her shoulders and only said, "Ask your husband. He was the one helping you with this issue."

And then Seohyun pouted. A pout. A. Pout. Sooyoung became speechless. She was using her hidden weapon against her. She was going crazy. 

"Alright, alright. Just make sure she is being fed regularly. And also, use a pump in between feedings. Is she getting enough milk?"

"I think so. The hospital generously gave us some of their stock and I have been doing some feeding myself but because I feel it's not enough, I would usually give her other milk."

"You should make sure she latches well. And feed her regularly, preferably every 2-3 hours."

Seohyun took down Sooyoung's advice in her head. If it would help her baby, she would do it. 

"Thank you Sooyoung-eonni."

Sooyoung gave Seohyun another hug. "No problem, Seohyunnie."

 


A/N

Another A/N!!!!

I know, I know. It's annoying. 

This chapter seems to be the easiest to write. Wrote it within a few hours instead of a few days. I'm guessing its because I just finished reading A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas (and a few other books in between) that I got into writing mode. 

As you can tell, I have little to no knowledge about post-natal care or even baby care in general. I am not a parent (yet) so everything was "googled".

Once again, thank you for reading. Any mistakes, please do point it out because I want future readers to be able to tolerate my writing (unlike myself who does not seem satified always).

Take care always especially with COVID still hanging around. And mind your mental health during these times.