Chapter Four

Forgotten Memories

Chapter 4

 

 

 

She checked her watch as she stood outside the entrance of the hospital with a mask and a cap on. Of course, she was still a celebrity and attracting a crowd is the last thing she wanted. Especially now that her accident was apparently all over the media up until now. She wasn't updated with the latest buzz as she was forbidden to use her phone apart from communication and music.

Seohyun decided to take a seat at a nearby bench while waiting for her parents to collect her after a routine check-up and took a sip from the iced americano in her hand that she bought from the hospital's cafe. The visit was quite short as the doctor only checked for any abnormalities since she left the hospital. Fortunately, she was in good condition so Dr. Kang didn't keep her long.

 

Her eyes wandered around and caught sight of familiar people walking in to the building. They were all carrying presents such as baskets of fruits, bouquet of flowers and pink balloons. It would be too rude to pretend she never saw them so Seohyun decided to greet and run. Meaning, say hello and then run off.

 

"Oh? S-Seohyunnie," said Tiffany and she looked surprised. She was not the only one though. With her were two other people with their mouths agaped. Their expressions were like that of a homicide culprit who got busted by a detective.

 

She gave her greetings before asking Tiffany, "Tiffany-unni, what are you doing here with Siwon-oppa and Minho?" By the looks of the presents in their hands, somebody may have given birth recently to a baby girl because it was mostly pink: pink ribbons, pink paperbags, etc.

 

"How are you feeling, Seohyun-ah? Is there something wrong why you have to visit the hospital?" Siwon worriedly asked.

"Yah! If that's the case, why is nobody with you? What if something happens and nobody is there?" added Minho.

She loved how her SMTOWN family were continuously treating her like a precious princess. Of course, since eight years have passed, she didn't know if they are under still SM's wing or not but the years they spent together on stage created a relationship no one could break.

It took a while to calm the worrying hearts of the trio. Tiffany's maternal instincts kicked in (she had a two-year old child with a celebrity husband) and nearly forced Seohyun to go home. At the same time, Seohyun's phone vibrated in her pockets.

'Traffic is really bad at the moment. Why don't you have some coffee while waiting or take a taxi. If you are taking a taxi, please do tell us -Mom and Dad.'

She then placed her phone back in her pockets after reading the message.

"What's wrong, Seohyun-ah?" Tiffany asked after hearing a sigh from Seohyun.

Seohyun wasn't in the mood to go home yet and she was thinking if it was okay to follow them. She didn't want to be alone while waiting.

They were all looking quite unsure if they should but it would look suspicious if they refused to let her come with them.

 

Minho went behind Siwon and started fiddling with his phone. Seohyun did notice this but ignored it. She should mind her own business.

 

It turned out that they were visiting somebody close to the SMTOWN family as mentioned by the trio. That person apparently was already a veteran and a great asset of the entertainment industry. They didn't mention who it was as they were heading there. Seohyun kept quiet by the sides and continued listening to their stories with the person in question as the main protoganist.

 

They went in to the elevator and Siwon pressed the sixth floor, where the pediatric department was located. After a few turns in the corridors they arrived in front of the room which said 'Suite 1' in gold on the door.

 

Siwon knock on the door and waited for a signal before he entered. Minho followed and then Tiffany and then Seohyun. 

 

The room was spacious. As expected of a room for a big celebrity. There was even a double bed in the room for the parents to sleep as they mind their child while their baby was being admitted as well as an ensuite bathroom. And close by was an incubator...

 

'Who is in here?' thought Seohyun.

 

"Kyuhyun-ah," called Siwon in a very low voice, nearing a whisper.

 

'Kyuhyun-oppa? Is it his child?' she thought.

 

What she saw answered her questions. Kyuhyun sat on a recliner chair close to the incubator, holding a tiny pink bundle on his chest. Another person was present in the room and that person was sitting on the bed. It seemed they were in the middle of talking when Minho's group came.

 

When Victioria saw them, she stood up and said, "I'll be going Kyu."

 

Kyuhyun nodded and told her a thanks and a be careful. Victoria approached the baby in his arms and rubbed her soft cheek with her index finger before she gave the people who just came a quick greeting and left.

 

"Congrats oppa!" congratulated Tiffany as she put the paper bags she was carrying beside him. "She looks exactly like her mother and I'm glad that's the case."

 

Kyuhyun let out a deep chuckle, "Thanks Fany-ah. I'm also glad she looks like her mom and she's very strong too. She has been fighting hard, aren't you baby girl?" He placed his index finger close to the baby's fisted hand and she grabbed it.

 

"I bet you Kyuhyun will scare off her suitors when she grows up," Siwon whispered to Minho.

 

"It's obvious hyung," Minho whispered back.

 

It seemed Kyuhyun heard their short conversation and added, "Of course, she is not allowed to have a lover until she is thirty and not get married until she's fifty. I just hope her mom will help me calm down when that time comes."

 

Everybody just smiled. Kyuhyun was wrapped around his daughter's pinky and it was worse than Dahyun's.

 

It turned out that Minho, Siwon and Tiffany had schedules lined up. They were still living a life of a busy idol. All of them offered Seohyun to stay. She was a bit hesitant but for some odd reason, her heart was telling her stay. Was it because of her feelings towards the man? Maybe, maybe not. After a few minutes of contemplating and calculating, she decided to stay. There was no harm to remain behind. A short conversation of catching up should give her enough time until her parents arrive.

 

They left and Seohyun was feeling herself at home, as she was told to make herself comfortable by Kyuhyun. She sat on the bed and it was quiet for the first few minutes. It was nowhere near awkward. The silence was comforting for both of them and if you looked at a tiny human being at the same time, it was therapeutic.

 

"What's her name?" she asked, breaking the chain of silence. Seohyun was feeling something she couldn't explain like a piece of a very big puzzle was missing and that tiny piece, compared to the whole picture, tells a million more words.

 

A sad smile appeared on his face. He kissed the baby's head and replied, "We… We haven't named her yet."

 

"It must be hard deciding on a name that would suit her. Usually the grandparents give a huge contribution when naming their grandkids but I guess everything depend of the parents. Are you two having trouble deciding on a name?"

 

"You could say that…"

 

 

"Was she born premature?" 

 

He nodded, "She was only seven and a half months and…"

 

Kyuhyun couldn't finish because he was holding in his tears. Seohyun felt bad for asking but she sensed that he was going to continue what he was going to say so she kept quiet and listened.

 

"… my wife was so stupid that she…. she… she…" tears started flowing down his face. It looked like he was held it in for a very long time. He acted strong the whole time and even though he was having a difficult time, he didn't let anybody show his real emotions.

 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked. I knew that you didn't want to talk about it and it was my fault. I should have stopped. The accident must have done something to my brain that made me like this. I am usually not like this. I am careful of what to say but today was very strange and-" she rambled on and on.

 

 

"Calm down. It's okay," he smiled. "More like, it was my fault for breaking down like that. I'm sorry for troubling you, Seohyunnie."

"What are you talking about? Listening to you is no trouble. Plus, I get to see your little darling so my day is complete." 

Of course, Seohyun was still broken-hearted but she must move on. She had a husband who was still legally married to her and Kyuhyun had a wife and they just had their baby.

"Do you want to hold her?" asked Kyuhyun as he wiped away his tears from earlier.

 

"Can I?" Seohyun found it weird that he offered to let her carry his child.

 

"Why not? You have the right."

 

 

 


A/N

Another update!!!! I'm sorry about the font and the line spacing. I don't know what happened. The normal line spacing wasn't there so I had to do it my way xD. I can't read if they are all stuck together xD

Whenever I write a chapter, it has to be more than 1000 words. If not, I'll either add more or delete it and make a new one which takes so much effort that's why updates are late. Also, school is starting in a few weeks for me so I want to write as much as possible before then. 

I have read about what's happening in Korea. I actually want to rant about it but it will be sooooo long so...... I just hope that everything will be okay. War is not the answer. It will never be the answer. 

Thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting. Feedbacks are loved, whether its good or bad /puppy dog eyes/ I can take it all!

 

May 5, 2017: Edited (I just realized I have been writing the dates in many ways XD) 

A lot of changes here because of further research (research my foot! More like observations/experience I dunno what you call it)