Chapter Five

Forgotten Memories

Chapter 5

 

 

 

 

In her arms was a tiny creature too cute for words. From what Seohyun could tell, it was obvious who's daughter this was just by looking at her nose. Other than that, most of the features were probably from the mother. Why she was definite? She had been looking at Kyuhyun for God knows how long; in duets, Super Junior's stage performances or his solo promotions. She has memorized his facial features like the back of her hand, even if he gained weight or did some changes.

"Is it okay if she's out of the incubator for this long?" Seohyun asked while keeping an eye on the sleeping angel.

 

"It's fine. She wasn't out long anyways so you can hold her for another few minutes," Kyuhyun explained.

 

Seohyun sat comfortably on the recliner chair by the incubator with her arm, where the baby's head laid, was supported by a pillow. Another blanket was placed over them by Kyuhyun and it was to keep her warm.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed his phone and switched it on. After a few tappings on the screen, he pointed the camera of the phone towards them and took stolen shots. Seohyun barely noticed what he was doing. She was too busy admiring the baby she got to hold.

 

She smiled at the baby and pecked her small forehead, "Well done baby girl. You are strong like your daddy. He even survived an accident that nearly killed him a long time ago. You got his genes. Everybody is so proud of you."

 

Kyuhyun kept himself strong as he was capturing this precious moment in his mind and locking it in his long term memory. He wanted to cry but he kept telling himself it was not the right moment. He shouldn't show her anything.

 

He gave himself something to do to calm down. He grabbed a device and handed it over to Seohyun. 

 

"I'll go collect Dahyun downstairs from my parents. If you need anything just press the red button and a nurse will be here in a flash," Seohyun couldn't even get a word out because he was gone in an instant. 

 

She started looking for her phone but it was out of her reach. She noticed Kyuhyun's phone was left behind and was close enough for her to borrow. She opened it and went to the camera application. She made sure that she was using the front camera and started taking pictures of herself while holding the baby on the other hand. Later on, she was going to ask Kyuhyun for copies of the shots she took.

 

The baby girl's petite lips formed a smile and Seohyun lips mirrored the same expression, 'She must be having really good dream right now.' 

 

 

The door opened after a few minutes and Kyuhyun entered with the little boy she met at Super Junior's after party celebration. She placed down the phone and greeted the boy first, "Hello."

 

"Dahyunnie, say your greetings," said Kyuhyun using his fatherly voice.

 

Dahyun didn't say anything. Instead, he hid behind Kyuhyun's leg with his head out on the side to stare at her.

 

"There's no need to be shy. It's only Seohyun-noona," Seohyun prompted the little boy to get near her.

 

Dahyun shook his head. Seohyun felt a little hurt but she understood. He was only a child and she was probably close to a stranger to him. 

 

Kyuhyun picked Dahyun up and carried him to where Seohyun was sitting. Kyuhyun squatted down and sat Dahyun on one of his lap. He then introduced the baby to Dahyun with a big smile on his face, "Dahyunnie, this is your sister. Isn't she pretty?"

 

Dahyun reached out his hand and touched the blanket that was covering his sibling. He observed the tiny being and uttered, "Mommy."

 

"I know. She looks exactly like mommy," said Kyuhyun looking a bit sad. All his emotions were fluctuating.

 

"I want mommy," Dahyun cried and he began sobbing.

 

Kyuhyun immediately pressed Dahyun closer to him and whispered into his ear that everything was going to be okay. Seohyun's chest tightened at the sight of Dahyun in pain. Physically, he was fine but Seohyun was sure something happened to his mother that caused him to act this way. Poor child, thought Seohyun. To experience this type of suffering at such a young age is something he doesn't deserve.

His cries were disturbing the baby and in turn, she might start crying and then they would have two to soothe. So before that happened, he brought Dahyun out of the room.

 

"He didn't have to go out to calm him," Seohyun muttered under her breath as she watched the figures leave.

 

Seohyun took his phone again so that she could check the pictures that were taken. She scrolled through the pictures and took notes on what pictures she wanted a copy of. Deleting some of them seemed like a waste because they were taken so well. 

'I'll just leave the deleting bits to Kyuhyun-oppa then,' she shrugged.

 

She continued scrolling past the new pictures and into his pesonal ones. Doing this was considered bad manners but she couldn't help but squeak at the new baby and Dahyun's picture collection. There was no picture of Victoria yet, assuming she was his wife.

 

After a few scrollings later, an adult woman finally appeared among the grid of pictures. She clicked to enlarge it and in a split second, her eyes followed.

A picture can tell a thousand words and that was what happened. It contained all the facts, much more credible than any other. This image created that small jigsaw puzzle that was missing from the big thing. It gave her answers to all her unanswered questions that nobody bothered to tell.

 

She could not believe it. Seohyun had to zoom in and out and blink her eyes a few times just to see if her eyes were playing with her or if it was a terrifying side-effect of her accident. Her head looked around the room for a possibility of it being a camera prank

 but it was highly unlikely because this was a hospital with a real premature baby who needed to be incubated for her development. No one has the heart of doing that to a newborn child.

 

If that wasn't a prank, what she saw was definitely real. 

 

Everything started clicking together. The 'Dahyun' her parents mentioned. Her husband. The suspicious looks of her family and friends. His wife. It was all conveyed in that one picture Seohyun was looking at.

 

Her missing memories can be summed up in that one single picture.

 

A story worth eight years in total.

 

 

A picture of Dahyun on Kyuhyun's lap.

 

And beside was a very pregnant woman who was wrapped with the arm of her husband.


 

The pregnant wife was smilling so happilly.

 

And she....

 

... had a familiar face...

 

... too familiar...

 

There was no doubt.

 

It was her face.

 

Cho Kyuhyun's wife was no other than Seo Joohyun herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Another chapter up!

Hopefully this will help to those who are confused about it. 

Obviously, I don't know anything about hospitals and babies and my lazy self just won't do any research /slaps myself/.

Thank you very much for subscribing and commenting and of course reading this. I didn't proofread it so there might be mistakes. A few more chapters left and it's done ^^

 

May 2, 2017: Edited