Chapter Eight

Forgotten Memories

 

 

Chapter Eight

 

 

The abalones and king crabs were cooking nicely on top of the grill. Both Kyuhyun and Seohyun were salivating at the sight. 

The day had been so busy for both of them, both physically and mentally exhausting. Seohyun had so much to take in but she handled them well. Kyuhyun was impressed. As expected of the woman he loves. For Seohyun, she knew Kyuhyun was tired. He was in the middle of preparing for a concert when everything happened. Obviously, the fans were worried and the company considered cancelling the show but Kyuhyun would never do that. She knew he would never do that because he loves what he does. He was an artist, a singer and a performer. He didn't let all the hardwork to go down the drain and she knew the feeling very well so she was not angry at him for choosing that decision.

Kyuhyun was doing all the cooking. When the seafood was cooked, he would place a piece on her plate first before his'. It made Seohyun's heart flutter. A lot of men have probably done this to her (not necessarily lovers) but knowing that he is her husband made her even more self concious.

"Hopefully, this dinner is appropriate for getting to know each other again," he said, breaking the cold ice between them.

She giggled at his words. They may be a married couple but without her memories, he was just an ordinary senior and close friend from the company.

"This is high class already, Oppa," she answered. "There is really no need to go this far."

"But it's a must. This is our way of escaping reality for a while. You are still recovering from everything and with what happened today could complicate your health even more. Not necessarily physically but it could affect you mentally."

Her eyes started tearing up. He was too kind. Kyuhyun did not forget that he was not only a father but also a husband and he was managing both quite well. 

"Say ah~" he had some abalone just in front of her lips. She looked at him, unsure of what to do. When he realized what he did, he placed down his chopsticks and apologized. "I shouldn't have done that. Habit I guess."

Seohyun shook her head, "Don't worry about it. I don't mind at all." She took a bite herself, looking around awkwardly.

"So what else happened in the past eight years?" She asked to re-establish the comfortable atmosphere between them.

"I thought we agreed we wouldn't be touching that topic."

"If only there is something to talk about."

Kyuhyun continued grilling as he thought of anything to tell her. Stories about how they got together? But that was something under what they just previously called as 'reality' and this dinner was meant to be an escape from it. Then again, he wanted Seohyun to feel comfortable with him and maybe a short tale of the beginning of their love story would jog some of her memories.

"How about a short story of how we got together?" he suggested.

Seohyun's face reddened. It was a bit embarrassing but she was curious. They were in the same company but it was difficult to keep in contact with each other all the time with all their busy schedules. Plus, it was hard to slot 'dating time' into her schedules. Unlike the other members, she was finding it very difficult to balance her work and her love life.

"... I do want to know about that," she shyly spoke.

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

After hours and hours of practicing for their comeback, Seohyun's body finally gave up and sprawled out on the wooden floor of the studio. She was alone and working extra hard after missing most of their rehearsals because of individual schedules. She was used to it though. It was the most effective way of catching up. If Seohyun was not there for practice, another dancer would take her place and when Seohyun would be present, she would watch and stay behind to copy the dancer. She would stay an extra hour or two repeating the steps.

It was nearing midnight and Seohyun was certain she was no where near perfection. Her body was sore and fatigued but it was all for their upcoming comeback. Their biggest comeback yet.

Her eyes closed for a moment, hoping that the lost energy that she lost would come back. When she opened them again...

"Kyuhyun-oppa? What are you doing here?"

His face was a meter away from hers and it gave her quite a shock.

"I gave my ideas for my second album. It's coming out soon and I'll definitely give my pretty dongsaeng a copy," he replied.

"Thanks oppa. I'll remember that."

"You better. If oppa forgets, please punish him."

"Aigoo... Are you flirting with me again?" she teased.

He only let out a chuckle. She rarely teased to others but now she was doing it a lot more and he wasn't used to this playful Seohyun.

He placed his bag on the floor and then he lifted her head so that his thigh was underneath like a pillow.

"Your thighs are too hard," she complained.

"But they are the best," he argued.

Kyuhyun noticed that her eyes were getting heavy and she was trying her very best to keep her awake. He rubbed her cheeks softly.

"Close your eyes and take a break. You did well today," he whispered. Not long after, she was fast asleep.

He stared at her facial features for a quite a while. Her milky, white, flawless skin made him want to caress her even more. Her cute nose and pouty lips made her even more attractive. If he was going crazy just because of staring at her, he wondered what it would be like when he hit a home run.

"What exactly is your relationship?" Kyuhyun's head whipped to the source of the voice.

"Oh! What are you doing here hyung?"

The man by the door sighed before entering the room and stood up a few meters away from the couple.

"Kyuhyun-ah, this is also where I work. Of course, I'd be here," he replied.

"I mean in this room."

"Yah! Don't try to change the subject. My eyes may be ugly but what they are seeing are not lies. THAT is not normal," he said and pointed at them at what they were doing.

"Eunhyuk-hyung, there is really nothing between us. We are just friends."

"Is it really?"

Eunhyuk has been pestering Kyuhyun about admitting their relationship. Whenever Seohyun and Kyuhyun were together, he would always be behind her back. He would offer his hand when she would climb up or down the stairs. Their bodies would be too close to each other everywhere. They were like magnets, one of them was negative and the other positive. It would be too hard to repel each other because the forces of attraction were too strong. To Eunhyuk's dismay, they were not 'officially' together.

"Don't push it any further hyung. Everything is already complicated," a sad smile made way to his lips and looked at the woman on his lap.

Eunhyuk sensed Kyuhyun's urgency for topic to cease so he stopped.

"Alright," he said. "Hyung will be here if you want to wake up and realize that both of you are hurting yourselves."

He exited the room, leaving Seohyun and Kyuhyun by themselves again.


Every single night, Seohyun and Kyuhyun would talk over the phone even if it was only for a few minutes. To hear each other's voice was enough to make the stress and tiredness disappear.

During an after party for a musical, Kyuhyun was back to drinking. It had been a long time for him since he was busy rehearsing for it and he wanted everything to be perfect. The other actors were talking about their ideal woman. As usual, Girls' Generation would be on the list. They argued about which member would be a perfect wife and mother.

"I think Yoona would be the best. I heard she is good at cooking."

"No, no, no. Taeyeon is the perfect wife. She has a unique personality and your children will have the best genes."

They went on and on and on talking and arguing. Kyuhyun just stayed in the side sipping his delicious beer. The actors noticed that there would be no end so all of them looked towards the guy who was under the same agency as the national girl group of South Korea.

"Out of the members of Girls' Generation, who do you think is the ideal wife, Kyuhyun-ssi?" one of them asked.

Kyuhyun choked on his beer. Why was he suddenly nervous? A lot of people had asked this question before and this was no different, or was it? He felt like he was dating one of their members and it was still a secret.

"W-what?" Kyuhyun coughed. "They are my dongsaengs so I don't think of them as my potential wife."

"If you say so. But for me, I choose Seohyunnie. She knows how to cook, take care of children and is very responsible. Because she is so hard-working, you would want to take care of her and pamper her."

Kyuhyun slammed his glass on the table that made everyone else jump in their seats. How dare they talk like they could have her easily. He was going to prevent that from happening. He was going to protect her and be the man by her side for the rest of their lives.

He excused himself and left the table. The actors were left wondering if they said something wrong. The effects of alcohol perhaps.

 

Seohyun placed a scarf around her neck and a cap on her head as she headed out. She received a call from Kyuhyun and he sounded like he was in distress. She got in her car in the parking lot basement and drove off to their meeting place. She parked her car and ran to where he was waiting.

"Oppa!" she called out.

Kyuhyun was lying on the grass with his arm covering his eyes. He was also bundled up and just looking at him made her want to cuddle up against him. Winter was not far but the temperature was already very low.

He looked up to her and showed her a smile that conveyed how pathetic he was that night. He opened his arms and gestured for her to lay down with him. The moon and the street lights were the only source of light and there were only a few people so the probability of getting recognize was at the single digits. She laid down with her head on his shoulder and he placed his arms around her, hugging her as close to his body as possible.

"What's wrong oppa?" she asked, full of worry. He was rarely like this and if he ever was, it was something that troubled him.

Suddenly, he buried his face in the crook of her neck and breathed in her scent.

"Joohyun-ah," he began. Hearing him call her with her real name gave her butterflies in her stomach. "I can't take it anymore. It hurts too much if this keeps going. It's feels like I'm going to die. My life is missing that one shard that will make my whole life complete."

There was a sudden pang in Seohyun's chest. She knew what he meant. It was all about a woman that made him crazy. She understood what he was feeling as she was feeling something similar towards a particular man.

"If that was the case, then you should court her and make her yours," advised Seohyun.

Kyuhyun pulled back from the hug and looked at her.

"What if she doesn’t like me back?"

"T-then make her fall for you, or try at least."

"Are you sure?"

Of course she wasn't sure. Seohyun never exactly loved anybody. It was mostly crushes and adoration. Kyuhyun was the only man that she has loved, no doubt, and it seemed that he liked another woman.

She didn't know what else to do at that situation. She wasn't sure if she supported him with his love to a woman she was envious of.

Nodding her head was the most difficult thing she could do. Her head had to be forced to move just to make a nod.

"I love you, Seo Joohyun."

 

 

 

 


A/N it's prolly been a long time since I updated. Didn't expect my life to be busy XD 

And here it is!!!! Another Update!!!

This is my delayed Christmas Gift to all of you me love

Hope you enjoyed it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!!!