Chapter Three

Forgotten Memories

Chapter 3

 

 

 

 

It was a brand new day and she was feeling refreshed as ever. As expected, home is where she is the most comfortable and a place where recovery rate is at the quickest.

Seohyun's day started out by making breakfast for her parents and spending some time with them afterwards. After lunch, she went out to the beauty salon where she usually go when she was twenty-four. It took quite a while to persuade her old folks but they knew she was no longer a child. They offered her to be accompanied but she refused.

The salon's interior barely changed but she saw some unfamiliar faces. She felt at ease, like 'before'. The great services they provided eight years ago was still at the top quality, maybe even better.

Hair and make-up barely took an hour and she was off again but this time, she was going to do some shopping. Specifically, semi-formal clothes.

The reason for all this?

Her unni texted her the previous night and invited her to a party, a party celebrating Super Junior's concert in Seoul. Basically, an after-party celebration. The other members thought that she must also have fun. Resting was good but they believed that Seohyun wanted something different. Her parents were a bit concerned but after a few pleadings they accepted. They also trust the other members since they often hang out with them and they had known each other for a very long time.

It was already dark and the concert was nearly over. The after party was at a restaurant near the stadium where they held their concert. The whole floor of the restaurant was reserved as all the staff were invited, including fellow artists and managers. 

Seohyun sat with her mermbers at one table. They even brought their kids and husbands slong. They married famous celebrities, thought Seohyun. But not all were married like Hyoyeon and Sunny. They believed that it was not the right time to settle when they were enjoying their jobs so much. 

As she looked towards their husbands, she hoped that her's would be there with them. To wake up suddenly and realized that she was not a twenty-four year old woman was very scary and overwhelming. Her other friends were busy with their own lives so Seohyun couldn't confide in them. It wasn't the same as before and she was having a hard time adjusting. Husbands are there for support, right? .

There were a lot of children in the restaurant. Kids were rarely brought to after concert parties because concerts usually finish late at night and alcohols were served. Fortunately, there was a separate room for them with enough spaces to lie down more than a dozen kids of different ages if ever they get sleepy. A mini-playground adjacent to those spaces gave the kids some entertainment and an opportunity to make new friends. Snacks, food and hot milk were available for the kids to enjoy.

The members of Super Junior arrived half an hour later. All their faces had that refreshed feel after the long and energetic concert. They were probably enjoying their concert too much and drained all their energy. When you get older, you can get tired easily.


 

All of the members looked more mature than before but what captured her eyes was their maknae, Cho Kyuhyun. Why wouldn't she? She had a secret crush on this guy for quite a while. It took a lot of power for her to keep all her feelings hidden. She noticed that he lost weight and looked a lot more exhausted than the rest of the members but his smile was still the brightest.

And a blank face of her husband stopped those thoughts. 

'How dare you, Joohyun! Looking sideways is against the law when you are married,' she scolded herself mentally.


Her eyes wandered when she spotted a ring on his ring finger. He's married, she thought. Shock came over her. It would be safe to assume that he was already married because he was at the right age. At the same time, Seohyun hoped deep down that it wasn't the case.

 

Kids.

She wondered what they looked like if he had any. She imagined them to look like Kyuhyun and maybe got his musical genes or his wittyness. But she didn't forget to add some qualities from their mother like her ears or her hair... or some other good qualities she has.

 

Her heart shattered and it was natural thing to happen. She did have a husband but mentally, she was only a twenty-four year old single lady who adored this man so much. It was too much to bear thinking of his happy life that she was not part of. She stepped away from the crowd and went to the kids' room where she could pull herself together.

The laughter and the joy of the children playing around comforted her broken heart. It was like the kids' happiness was being transmitted to her. 

A total of around fourteen children were running around and playing with each other. Every child was having fun.

Except for one. He was in the corner sitting while hugging his knees. He looked sad and for some reason Seohyun couldn't leave him alone. She did notice a few of the adults encourage him to play but he refused them all.

She approached the child, with hopes that he will open up to her, and sat beside him. When he looked up to see who she was, he was surprised. Seohyun stared back at him and smiled.

"Hello there! Can you tell noona your name?" she asked in the most gentle way.

The child only stared at her. Seohyun thought that he didn't hear her and asked a different question, "Do you want to play with noona?"

There was no reponse. She opened her bag and took out a lollipop. His eyes went to the sweet and Seohyun offered it to him. He hesitantly took it and Seohyun smiled. 

'One step at a time,' thought Seohyun.

"Do you need help opening it?" she asked.

The boy nodded and handed it to her. She unwrapped the wrapper from the lollipop and handed it back to him. 

He started the lollipop and Seohyun observed him. This child looked scared and wary of her. Whenever she looks at him in the eye, his' starts to water. It was obvious he was trying really hard not to sob but what bothers Seohyun was what did she do to him? 

"Dahyunnie," a voice so familiar overpowered the giggles of the kids. 

The boy got up right away and ran towards the direction of the voice.

"Dad!" the boy called out as he jumped into the man's opened arms. The man then hugged the child back tightly. 

"Kyuhyun-oppa?" she asked, just in case it was a different man.

"S-Seohyunnie," he said. "W-what a-are y-y-you doing here?" 

She stood up and answered him, "I was feeling a bit queasy in there so I was thinking maybe I'll feel better in here, the paradise."

After hearing her, he became alarmed, "A-are you okay? Do you want me to drive you home now? Or maybe the hospital? You were just released from the hospital yesterday and I don't want you going back there but just in case-"

Seohyun intercepted him, "I'm fine. Stop panicking over little things. I was just shocked, that's all."

"I knew it was a bad idea for you to come here. Maybe you should rest at home."

"Resting at home is boring. I want to party too," she said excitedly. 

She was happy. Kyuhyun barely changed. He was still the same caring guy she liked and adored.

Kyuhyun didn't say a word after that and both of them fell into silence. Seohyun noticed that the boy was looking at her the whole time and when she looked at him back, he buried his face into the side of his father's neck. Kyuhyun pecked the side of his forehead and rubbed his back. 

 

From Seohyun's peripheral vision, somebody was approaching them.

"Dahyun-ah," she called. Dahyun looked up and he immediately extended his hands, wanting to be in the woman's arms. The woman in question gladly took Dahyun from Kyuhyun and gave him a warm embrace.


By the way the child acted, Seohyun was definitely sure she was his mother. If she was Dahyun's mother, it meant that she was Kyuhyun's wife.

'So Kyuhyun-oppa married Victoria?'

 

 

 


A/N

Another boring chapter down.... a few more to go /sighs/

I'm sorry if the last few parts are kind of... meh... but there is reason for that. That part was rushed because I really wanted to write the next chapter and finish this before Kyukyu decides to let the whole world know he is taken, and its not Seo or the other way around.

I'm sorry if there are mistakes. I was too lazy to proofread. I won't bite if you tell me xD

Thanks for reading, subcribing and commenting (I prefer comments, but the others are loved too)

 

30/4/17: Edited