Hyobin's final decision

High school drama - The aftermath

Hello Hyobin, please take a seat” I sat down on the black leather chair opposite him and his massive desk. “You’ve haven’t had the best year have you?” I looked away from him, trying to deny that what he said was admittedly true. “Is there anything you would like to say?” I took a deep breath before I spoke. “Well I guess this year hasn’t been the best year for me and to be honest, i’m not really bothered what your decision is so just put me out of my misery sir” tears started to build up in my eyes but I didn’t show my weakness in front of Mr Jongin. He gave me a look of sympathy, as if he felt sorry for me. “You do care don’t you? Hyobin, I want all the students in this school to succeed and achieve their goals. Turn around and read at the quote above the door” I looked up behind me and read the quote. “It says ‘Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world’. Why did you want me to read that?” “Because after you take your finals, I want you to do well, take that weapon and run with it” Pause. Did he just say what I think he just said? “Hold on sir. I can take finals? But i-i haven’t had the best year as I said before so I’m a little confused” “As I mentioned to Hoseok, you will have a criminal record but everybody deserves a second chance. I’m sorry you don’t have much time to study but i will give you all an extra two days so do your absolute best, believe in yourself because you can do it. You’re free to go Hyobin” the tears that built up earlier started to roll down my face, I really didn’t expect myself to be taking finals so I was beyond grateful. “Thank you so much Mr. Jongin! I rarely cry as everyone knows but I have a goal and I wanna get it. Let me ring my cousin and message my dad, I think they will be happy to hear the good news.