32 ; Praise for disobedience

Living Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grungy, brick walls seemed to close the girl in, her senses nearly failed her because she swore she heard nothing and couldn't feel where she was walking. Even though her feet touched the ground each time she took a step, it felt like she was walking on air instead and she feared she may never get that humanity back. The moment she agreed to go with her good friend Sihyoung to the town, she did not know what she really signed up for. She was told to not take anything valuable, so she brought herself and her phone, because she never let that out of her sight. Meanwhile Sihyoung just brought himself, making the girl feel uneasy in the deepest part of her stomach, and she would be sick if it weren't for his comforting touch on her shoulder. He urged her forward, and since he was leading her there Soyung figured there was no reason to be afraid. If there was no reason to be scared, why did her heart race, why were her palms sweaty, why was so tight it felt like she couldn't breath, why was her body so frightened? Was her brain speaking louder than her heart? She wanted to believe him, she really did, but this all just felt so wrong. Sihyoung pulled her to turn left, she would have walked into a wall if he didn't pull her to the side, and she lightly pinched her arm to wake herself up. By the time she was aware of her surroundings, she realized they were at a building, and she raised her eyebrow at it. The dark, the tiny cobblestone step, the boarded up window and the scratchy welcome mat.

 

"Isn't this place abandoned?" She had always thought that anyway, that the building had been shut down by authority and was just there as a ruined landmark for the people of the town.  Sihyoung looked at her, his lips turning up into a smirk, and he reached over her. 

"Here." He wiggled the doorknob a few times, before giving the door a hard push, the second time he twisted the doorknob it opened instantly, the creaky hinges making the girl shiver. Soyung stared at him for help, he sighed a little bit, but he didn't look annoyed, just a little worried for the girl. He reached over and took her hand in his, leading her into the dark building and then asking her to shut the door behind them. She did as she was asked, rushing to be at his side as he continued on his walk. Sihyoung knew this place like the back of his hand, telling her to be careful of a plank of wood before they even got there and warning her about the wooden crate full of stuff she shouldn't kick. Puffing out her cheeks, she tried her very best to focus and not mess up anything. He stopped at cellar doors, pointing toward it and telling her to open it. Her jaw fell open, and she stared at him like he was insane.

"Sihyoung I don't want to..." Her voice was whiny, like a little child who didn't want to go home but continue playing outside. Sihyoung reached over once again, making the younger girl hide behind him the moment his fingers slipped under the wood of the door. "I'm scared." she muttered, clutching at his back when he pulled them open, revealing a small light source, and she was suddenly curious.

"You trust me right?" Sihyoung asked, turning to look at her over his shoulder, and she nodded timidly. If she didn't trust him, she wouldn't be in the hellhole that was completely foreign to her. "Then you go in first, the door has to be closed in a very special way." She bit at her lip, letting go of him and cautiously walking forward. She shifted, putting her foot inside and then looking at him as if for permission. "Keep going sweetie, I'll be right behind you." Soyung took a deep breath, held it, and slowly made her way down the cellar steps. Sihyoung was here, she had nothing to worry about, nothing was going to go wrong. She was fine, because Sihyoung wouldn't let anything happen to her... right?

Suddenly she was scared again, having heard the door close above her, and she whimpered out his name. "I'm still here... Who knew you were such a scaredy cat, I thought you were tough." He amused himself, because Soyung could hear the smile in his voice, and she wanted to hit him so bad. They reached the bottom, and Sihyoung took a hold of her hand all over again, leading her through some mysterious tunnel that she really wanted to get out of as soon as they stepped in. "Almost there." she really hoped he meant it this time, because she was sure a spider was crawling down her back at this point, and she wanted to be able to see clearly for once. They broke into a clearing and she gasped. He wasn't lying, they were here. But where the hell was here? 

It was a whole underground base, she had no idea when it got there or how it was there, but it was huge. It looked as though it started out as a shelter, but now there were steps and different rooms and Soyung was looking off a balcony at busy people below her.

"Sihyoung what the hell is this?" She looked for him, her heart jumping when she was not where she expected, but instead he was walking down the stairs to get to the bottom. "Hey... wait." Soyung rushed to meet him, watching as he looked alarmed and put his arms out when she slipped down the last few steps. How the did he know she was going to fall straight into his chest? He must be psychic it's the only explanation. 

"Don't run down these steps you moron. I can't look away for one second, I swear you're going to go missing and I'm going to have to pay for it." He pulled her closer by the wrist as they walked away from the staircase, earning a couple looks from other boys who were walking around and some just sitting around. Soyung was beginning to wonder if girls were involved in this sort of thing, but her question was answered by two girls running out a room with a large duffel bag of who knows what, and they were both laughing. She shrunk closer toward the boy, extremely uncomfortable with this new setting. "You understand what this is right?" He started, stopping at the door of a room and looking at her with soft eyes. "You understand why everyone tells you to stay away from me now hm?" Sihyoung tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, a boy passing by looked at them, probably wondering when Sihyoung got a girlfriend, but he didn't say anything. She nodded hesitantly, letting him pull her into the room after nudging the door open with his shoulder.

" man, it's been ages since I saw you." A low, raspy voice called out, sounding like it was across the room. Soyung peeked over to see who it was, eyes locking on the messy grey hair peeking out from under a black beanie, and she then hid behind her friend again. "Oh who's this? He walked over, proving to be a short, but still intimidating man.

"Hyung, this is Soyung. She's my friend, and we have business to deal with." He added emphasis where it was needed and the older boy slightly let out a heavy breath, shaking his head at the taller boy and patting his back softly in a good luck fashion. Soyung stared at him, not able to put her finger on why he looked so familiar. When he turned to look at her, his small eyes widened, and he then smirked at her.

"Aren't you Kyungil's girl? I was at the party, I'm Yoongi." Said male murmured, extending his hand for her to shake, and she stared at his coarse looking hands. Gently slotting hers in against his, they firmly shook hands before she nodded toward his question. Maybe she only briefly saw him at the party, because all she remembered was Namjoon. "I can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter