30 ; Blur

Living Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soyung stared at Minjae, who sat there hugging a pillow to her chest and staring down at her feet. She knew this was going to happen, when she told her all about the night she had, and when she told her about the boy that got too close. She knew Minjae wasn't going to have anything to say when she spoke about her first time, even though she wanted all the details she was very vague.
"So... are you okay?" Minjae murmured, slowly lifting her head to look into the eyes of her best friend, and Soyung stared back at her. Her shoulders shrugged on her own, and she hugged her knees to her chest as she sat on the bed against the wall.
"I don't know honestly. It was all okay after we left, but I'm a little scared." Trailing off from the subject, Soyung leant her head back against the wall and then shut her eyes. "I don't know what it is, but something about it is a little traumatizing? I know compared to some girls I don't have it half as bad, but my experience is for me and it terrifies me." She continued, waving her hand around as a gesture as she spoke, and Minjae watched the appendage. It was a habit Soyung had when she was talking seriously, she always felt the need to add emphasis with her movements and her best friend grew worried.
"You know I'll always stick with you... I wouldn't leave you alone with any creepy guys." She tried, reaching over and grabbing her friends hand.
"But what if you leave for one second... That's what happened at the party, and then he came and just touched me..." Soyung muttered, shivering in distaste at the memory and intertwining her fingers with Minjae.
"Then instead of going out all the time, we can stay at home. Just the two of us, and Yijeong... We can all hang out together and you'll be safe, I promise. And when I leave, Yijeong will be there, and he would never ever hurt you like that. Trust me, I'd throw a vacuum at him if he even thought about it." Minjae was talking quickly, shaking the other girls hand in her grip as she said each word, earning a small smile from her and then a giggle.
"Okay. We can do that." Her brown hair fell over her eyes as she leaned her head to rest on her shoulder. "Thank you." Soyung whispered, wiggling her numb toes through her socks with egg prints on them, and then sighing.
"Anything for you..." Minjae glanced down at her own socks, smiling brightly at their matching pattern and then turning slightly to look at her. "So... Kyungil and you, last night... Good?" Her voice was hushed, to make sure Soyung's stepdad wouldn't burst through the door and question her whole night. The girl found herself blushing deeply, hiding her face in her hands before slowly nodding.
"Yeah... It was." Soyung made a small squeaky noise, patting her pink cheeks and sighing loudly. "Enough about me, what about you?" She peeked up through her hair at her friend, gently shaking it out of the way and then anticipating an answer.
"Oh yeah, I have something important to tell you... Really important."

Soyung laid on the floor of her living room, head resting on Sihyoung's thigh and her eyes staring up at the ceiling. They were talking about the Gina thing - because when were they not  - and when it should occur. Sihyoung said he had a bad feeling about her, and that she would do something very soon.
"I don't see why she wants to hurt me so bad?" She spoke from her spot, eyeing Sihyoung who was playing with his phone and nodding along with her comment.
"She must have a thing for hurting successful people." He murmured, causing the girl to snort out a laugh and smack him on the arm.
"I don't think I'm very successful."
"Do you listen to a word you say?" Sihyoung put his phone down, leaning forward to challenge the others confused gaze, and then poked her on the forehead. "You told me yourself, that you're happy, you have manageable grades, you have amazing friends, an amazing boyfriend and many opportunities to look forward to in the future. Sounds successful to me." He sat up straight against, stretching his back and then rubbing the back of his neck. Soyung was a little amazed that he remembered what she said, that was a couple weeks ago, when she started dating Kyungil and she was really just being sentimental. But she never realized it was significant. Soyung smiled at him, sitting up beside him and gently fixing his hair for him.
"I can't believe you remember that ." She grumbled, attempting to get a flyaway to sit down on his head, but it never worked, so she let it be.
"Isn't that what a friend should do? Remember what you say?" Sihyoung gently curled a lock of her hair around his finger and then let it go. The girl scrunched her nose slightly, pouting and the boy smiled at that, gently leaning against her.
"I guess you're right... Thank you for listening, because half of the time I don't even know what I say myself." Soyung leaned back on him, so they were sitting straight against each other, laughing slightly and poking at each other's side.
"Hey, I listen because you listen to me and my sob stories." Sihyoung murmured under his breath, watching as her lips faltered into a small frown, and she pushed him lightly.
"It's not a sob story. It's just real life." She let her hands fall to her lap, her shoulders softly shrugging as she looked at the boy. "That's just what this is... Life being ty."
"Isn't it always?" He mused, lips curling into a smile when the girl stopped thinking and stared down at her hands. Isn't it always? Soyung squinted slightly, wondering if her life has always been so hard, and her mind did a thing that was almost natural. She blamed it on another person, even though she was always taught to own up to her own mistakes, she knew it wasn't her fault.
"It's because of Gina." She whispered, missing the way Sihyoung's eyes shimmered with a dark emotion, and he nodded firmly toward her.
"That's something we both agree on." Sihyoung put an arm around her shoulder lightly, smirking as she looked up at him. "I think we have to do something about it, before she does something to us. We're giving her too much time to think." His voice didn't tremble as he spoke, even if it was low and made the hair on her neck stand up.
"Then we should act fast." Soyung commented, lazily leaning her head against his arm and closing her eyes. "Before she gets ahead of us again." She stretched her back slightly, her eyes flying open as Sihyoung got up from his spot, hand extended out to her.
"I'll show you what I have planned." Despite the thick malevolent sense in his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter