15 ; A night to change it all

Living Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Soyung stood at the bottom of the stairs in Kyungil's house. He was sat a few steps above her, his phone pressed against his ear, his brow furrowed. She could barely hear anything from the other end, just a bunch of mumbling from this distance. Her eyes remained steady on Kyungil, as she couldn't tell if he was distressed or annoyed, but she wanted to find out. Fiddling with the hem of her sweater, she watched as he let out a groan.

"Listen, I know you just want to do this because she's not in this country but don't you think this is a little-" the moment he was cut off, he closed his eyes and rubbed at his forehead. Whoever he was talking to was either a friend of his, rude or someone older than him. Soyung knew nobody that would ever cut off Kyungil, especially as he was trying to form an argument. "I don't think you should do that, what if someone gets you in trouble? No. I don't care about what happens to you, but if I do go, I can almost guarantee I'll bring a guest." Kyungil murmured, peeking up to look at the girl who was looking straight at him, she smiled shyly, sighing in relief when he flashed a small smile back. "Okay okay, also if anyone touches her I won't hesitate to fight someone you know?" Kyungil said, chuckling as he then hummed. "See you." When he hung up the phone, Soyung stared at him like a puppy that heard the word 'treat'. He stood up from his spot and walked down the stairs to be on the same level as her.

"What was that about?" She asked quietly, her eyes sparkling as the older boy tucked his phone away into his pocket. After a second, he did let out a loud sigh.

"My friends having a party." He replied, shrugging his shoulders, in which the girl gasped a bit and stepped closer.

"A party? That sounds fun... are you going?"  Soyung batted her eyelashes at him, reaching over and taking a hold of his wrists. "Cause I know someone who's never been to a party and kind of has always wanted to go." She said, playfully flirting with the male as she smiled at him. "And this person would really like it, if you would maybe take them."

"Soyung, do you want to go with me?" Kyungil said, taking a hold of her hands and smiling softly, raising a brow to create emphasis on his question. She gasped, then giggled softly, nodding her head.

"Since you asked nicely, I would love to go." She cooed, squeezing his hands gently. At that moment, the door opened and she let go of his hands, turning around to see who it was. "Minjae? What the heck are you doin- Oh hi Jaeho." Soyung said, watching as the two walked into the house and looked at the two.

"Did you already hear? Sihyoung is having a party." Jaeho asked, looking at the older male who simply nodded.

"We're gonna go." Soyung said, nodding as she looked up at Kyungil, who couldn't help but smile down at her.

"Wait a party? Hey, Soyung is a baby she can't go, what if someone tries to take advantage of her? Or if she gets drunk, or if she gets sick or if she falls down the stairs or if someone is plotting her murder?" Minjae spoke quickly, walking over and taking a hold of her hand. "You can't go."

"Minjae! I really really want to go, besides I'll stay with Oppa the whole time." She whined, hopping up and down like a child throwing a fit.

"Then I'm going." She said, pouting at her best friend.

"No you're not, it's dangerous." Jaeho suddenly spoke, his eyes widening. As much as he did hang out with Sihyoung, he always thought he was a little sketchy at times.

"Jaeho, you don't get to decide for me. Besides, wherever Soyung goes, I go. And I am not letting her go to a strangers party with proper company." Minjae said, frowning over at him.

"Fine, then I'm going." Jaeho announced, crossing his arms a bit.

"We're all going then. Great." Kyungil said, sighing a bit as he looked at Soyung, who was completely happy with more friends coming. Well, if she was happy, he should be.

 

The car ride over there later that night was a bit quiet. Soyung sat next to Minjae, and the two girls spent most of their time fixing each others hair, and laying their heads on one another's shoulders. The two boys in the front did nothing but mumble about the people they hoped they didn't see at the party. And when they did arrive at the house, Kyungil pulled up around the corner and parked the car. The moment Soyung glanced out the window, she gasped, because this was a nice house, and she wondered if he was rich or something.

"This is a big house." She said, opening the door and stepping out, carrying her purse over her shoulder. She hadn't really dressed for the occasion, just wore leggings, a white tank top and a loose grey cardigan. Waiting for Minjae to come out, she watched as she picked up her own purse and stepped her usual shoes out of the car and stood up. Minjae was a little better at dressing up nicely than her, and wore a skirt and nice top. 

"Yeah, his parents have been working at good jobs for a long time." Kyungil spoke, holding his hand out for the girl to take. Looking down at his outstretched arm, she wandered closer and took it in her own. She was used to being stuck to the male now, and accepted the fact she was always going to be with him now. She watched as Jaeho and Minjae went ahead of them, since from what she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter