Chapter 13

Time

Chapter 13 

"Jessica, wait" Taeyeon shouted 
Hearing Taeyeon calling after her has only caused Jessica to run even faster, she needed and wanted to be alone. 
Taeyeon on the other hand wasn't willing to give up, she kept running after Jessica hoping to catch up to her. 

Jessica slowed down after she felt her lungs was burning and her legs was going to give up on her, Taeyeon took the chance to catch up, she pulled Jessica into her embrace, both hearts were racing, beating in sync. Jessica was struggling, trying to get out of Taeyeon's embrace but it was useless, Taeyeon was holding on tightly. Jessica tired from all the running and crying, gave up and stayed still instead. 
"Look Jessica, I-I'm sorry... But trust me nothing happened in there, I didn't..."
"Stop Taeyeon, I don't want to hear any of it, just let me go, I want to be alone" Jessica cut in and said really calmly, she was too tired to shout
"No, listen to me explain, I didn't..." 
"I SAID STOP TAEYEON. PLEASE LET.ME.GO" 
Taeyeon being stubborn as she is held onto Jessica, she was about to try explaining again before she felt a push on her chest. 
Jessica pushed as hard as she could with her remaining strength on Taeyeon's chest, Taeyeon was caught off guard and for a split second she loosened her hold and Jessica took the chance and sprinted outside, into the cold mysterious night. 

Jessica crossed the road with too much thoughts lingering in her mind, the scenes of them kissing kept replaying on her mind. She didn't even realise a car driving towards her, when she snapped back to reality it was already too late, she closed her eyes waiting for the impact to hit her. Nothing. She didn't feel any impact, force, all she felt was a sting on her palms and knee, she also heard a shout. 

She turned her eyes back to the road, only to find Taeyeon's lifeless body laying there on the hard concrete road. She rushed over, blood oozing out of the body, face getting paler by each second. She fumbled for her phone before calling for an ambulance. She then brought her attention back to Taeyeon. 
"Taengoo, you pabo, you should of just let me get hit." 
Taeyeon gave a weak smile, her eyes were losing focus" 
"Please stay with me Taengoo, you can't leave me here by myself. TAEYEON“
"M-mianhae Sica I-I can't b-be with y-you till the l-last, forgive me for my selfishness" 
Taeyeon choked out
"No, Taengoo please don't say that, the ambulance is already on their way, please don't close your eyes" 
"I-I love you Sooyeon ah, d-don't f-forget that" Taeyeon managed before darkness gobbled her up. 
"TAEYEON" Jessica tried to wake her up, but it was no use, she was unconscious. 
"I love you too pabo" Jessica sobbed softly

"Sica, it's alright, she's in save hands" Tiffany comforted
The group members were gathered outside the operating theatre, Taeyeon has been in there for the past three hours, yet there was no news on her current condition. Jessica sat silently portraying emotions through her eyes only. Cold. Bitter. Regret. Hollow. Angry. She stared into the air, no more tears were shed, her heart was dunked into ice water. Numb. 

The members grieved silently. Praying for Taeyeon's safety. Concern for both Taeyeon and Jessica. By the looks of it Jessica is going to collapse any time soon. Jessica's cold aura was radiating strong, they wanted to comfort her but it was hard to get close to Jessica, though they have lived with Jessica for ages, the cold aura that is radiating was still not something they were used to, they were still scared by it. Only Tiffany, the American best friend was unaffected by Jessica's display of coldness. Plus what would they even say, no words could comfort the girl right now, the pain too hard to imagine. 

All heads turned as soon as they heard someone walking out the sliding doors.
"How is she miss" Tiffany asked 
"She's... Not doing too well... She might not make it, But the doctors are still in there trying, so don't lose hope." The nurse informed
Hearing the news fresh tears was streaming down Jessica's face, she absorbed the news silently. Guilt filled her up again, if only she wasn't so stupid, if only she concentrated on where she was going, if only she stayed in Taeyeon's arms and let her explain. Jessica opened her eyes and turned her attention to the nurse
"Let me see her" she said to the nurse
"I'm sorry Jessica-shi, I'm afraid I can't let you do that" 
"I SAID LET ME SEE HER" Jesscia exploded
"Hey, hey watch yourself Jessi, we are in public" 
"I don't care, I just want to see her" Jessica growled 
"Let me in there" she tried to squeeze her way into the operating room
"Sorry Jessica-shi, you can't enter"
"I DONT CARE, JUST LET ME SEE HER, PLEASE" 
"I'm sorry, as much as I want to help you, I'm afraid you can't enter the operating area" 
Jessica tired from all the crying, yelling gave in, collapsing, falling into Tiffany's arms. 

"How's Taeyeon? Has the operation finished? Where is she?" Jessica asked as soon as she gained consciousness
"She's still in there Jessi, have a rest" Tiffany said while laying Jessica back onto her bed.
"No, I need to be there" Jesscia scrambled out of bed, pulling out the IV drip, she tried to make her way back to the operating area. 
"Stop it Jessi, you can go see her later, please look after yourself too Jessi, we are worried about you too, please, you need to be strong for Taeyeon" Tiffany pulled Jessica into a hug and placed her back into her bed. 
"No, please Tiffany, please let me stay there, please, please" Jessica pleaded in between her sobs " I will rest there I promise, I promise to not act impulsively, just let me wait out there" 
"Ok, fine Jessi, you promised okay" Tiffany softened at the sight 

Jessica sat on a wheelchair with the IV drip reattached to her. Keeping her promise she closed her eyes and rested with a heavy heart. 

The operating light went off, the girls turned their attention to the doctor who was making his way towards them. 
"H-how was it doctor" the girls asked 
"... Sorry... But we tried our best" 
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hello guys, so I'm planning to end this soon, one more chapter left! 
Haha this story is quite lame, but hope you guys still enjoy it :) 
Peace✌... and out 👋