Lay - Ferris Wheel

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

“Yixing! I’m bored.” You whine to your boyfriend while he’s working on his composing.

“Jagiya~ I’m working on something.” He repeats the same sentence over and over again. You finally give up, looking away.

“You’re always working on something.” You appreciate his hard work but sometimes you wish that he’d show you a bit more love. You try to take your mind off of your boredom while checking tumblr. Nothing was helping. Sensing your restlessness, Lay finally suggests an idea.

“I know that movie you wanted to see is out. Go take a friend and watch it.” You watch him for a while, he was working hard on this song and you felt bad for wanting him to stop.

“Alright oppa, I’m sorry.” You mutter the last bit but he’s too focused to hear you. He's still playing around on his guitar, concentrating really hard on his song. With a sigh you get out of the room to call Mark, your best friend.

For the next few days, Mark keeps you occupied. His group Got7 weren’t promoting at the moment so he wasn’t busy either. You’ve tried to stay out of Lay’s hair, hoping that once he’s done with his songs he’ll pay attention to you again.

A week later, your prayers are answered and he announces that he’s done with his demo.

“Y/N, I’m done with the composing!” He says excitedly, expecting a hug.

“That’s great oppa! I’m happy for you.” You’re too busy getting ready to notice his open arms. He slowly brings them down and watches you quietly. He internally groans as he thinks off all the times he’s rejected your proposals to have a date.

“Y/N…” He calls softly, waiting for you to turn around.

“Hm?” You absentmindedly answer, while pulling on a sweater.

“Jagi~”

“Yes Yixing?” You finally look up at him, satisfied with your appearance.

“Would you like to go somewhere? On a date? We haven’t had one for a while now.”

“Hmm I wonder why?” You , giving him a playful smile.

“Sorry princess, I feel horrible. Please forgive me.” He pouts his perfectly pink lips, making your heart flutter.

“Aw oppa, there’s nothing to be sorry about. I’m glad you’re working hard on your dream.” You smile, giving him a kiss on his cheek.

“So, can we go on a date?” His eyebrows raise up hopefully and you unfortunately shake your head, signaling a no.

“I’ve made plans for today, but for sure we can go tomorrow.”

“Oh that’s fair. Who are you going with?” Lay follows you out of your room and down to the living room where you’ve laid out your purse and shoes.

“Mark oppa. He’s been free this week and kept me company.”

“What?” Lay’s eyes widen, not that you noticed. You were too busy looking at your phone.

“Oh he just texted me, he’s here to pick me up.” You lean in for a hug but he suddenly grabs your arm.

“Wait. I’ll come with you.” He says looking straight into your eyes.

“It’s okay babe. You’ve been staying up every night, you should get some rest.”

“No.” He surprises you with his stubbornness but you shrug it off.

“Fine, but he’s already here so you don’t have much time to change.”

“I don’t need to change.” He simply says, putting on his shoes.

“Okay, well let’s go. We shouldn’t keep Mark waiting.” You pull him along.

Throughout the day you’ve noticed that Lay was acting strange. You couldn’t put your finger on what exactly was the problem but you knew you had to stop it. There was always some awkward tension when he talked to Mark, although you knew they were good friends before.

“Ohh I want to ride the ferris wheel!” You exclaim, pointing at the bright wheel.

“Anything for my girlfriend.” Lay says, grabbing your hand which causes Mark to laugh.

“Okay I’ve had enough of this.” Mark says chuckling, looking at Lay with amusement.

“Enough of what?” By now you three are standing near the line for the ferris wheel.

“Oh? Uh nothing Y/N. I’ll go get some cotton candy for us.” He has a mischievous look in his eyes as he starts to turn around.

“You’ll miss the ride, there’s only two people in front of us.” You call out.

“It’s fine, you and your boyfriend should ride it together.” He chuckles with a smirk appearing on his face.

Once he’s gone you look back at Lay who only looks embarrassed.

“I’m done trying to guess.”, you narrow your eyes at Lay before continuing, “What’s happening?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Lay says looking straight ahead. Lay has always been a bad liar, avoiding eye contact was a major habit.

“You-“ you’re cut off by the ride attendant telling you to get in. As soon as you get in the attendant pulls the safety bar over your heads and starts the ride.

“Pretty view.” Lay mumbles. You look up, expecting him to be looking out at the view but he’s staring right at you. You blush and struggle to remember what you were trying to say.

“Don’t change the topic.” Your eyes blink rapidly in surprise as he leans in to tuck your hair behind your ear.

“I’m not. You’re just beautiful.” Your heart is beating too fast to answer so you let it slide for now. 

Lay was always attractive but looking at him while the wind flows through his hair is absolutely beautiful. A minute later you’re both stopped at the top and you look down, confused. You notice Mark near the ride attendant and Mark gives you a thumbs up before returning to his phone.

“What’s happening?” Lay asks, looking down as well.

“I don’t know. Mark is behind it though.” You send him a glare, although it’s useless. You’re too high up in the sky.

“Well since we’re up here I want to tell you how beautiful you look.” Lay says, not taking his eyes off of you. You feel heat rush up into your cheeks and you look down, trying to think of something to say.

“Oh yea, you didn’t answer me honestly.” You accuse, once you remember your conversation that had been cut off by the ride attendant.

“Hmm?” Lay clearly tries to play dumb as he looks away.

“Something’s up and you’re not telling me what.” You cross your arms on your chest, staring holes into Lay’s head.

“Aish, okay. I-This is going to sound stupid but I was…jealous.” He whispers the last word so you didn’t hear properly.

“What? Speak up!” You move in closer, attempting to hear better.

“I was jealous! Jealous of Mark! You were with him all week because I was a bad boyfriend. Naturally I misunderstood his intentions. Until now. But I had a perfectly good reason to. Because your mine. Only mine.” Your mind registers each sentence late because your shocked by what he was telling you. Lay was jealous of Mark? By the time you processed his last sentence, his lips were on yours, kissing you as if you hadn’t kissed in weeks. He lets his tension out in the kiss and you automatically kiss him back as passionately as he did. Once you break free, the ride continues and you both look down at Mark who has a knowing smirk spread across his face.

“You’re welcome.” He calls up at you both as Lay gives him a grateful laugh.

 

Author's Note: Hellooooooo!! So I didn't get any requests after my first and only requested story so I went ahead and wrote up my own. I wrote this for my friend who's bias is Yixing and Mark so I decided to post it here as well.
As usual....I'm open to any requests!! In fact, I'm requesting request :3 heheh
Hope you guys like my stories, feel free to leave feedback/comments/requests!!
Reminder: You're beautiful and ilysm :)