Tao - The Prank

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

*YOUR POV*

"Jongdae hyung! I've been looking everywhere for you.", Tao says walking towards us.

He looked out of breath as if he really did look around hard. His pink lips were parted allowing him to take in more breaths.

It was lunch time and I was currently talking to Chen since neither of us could find our friends. Well, we were both in the same group of friends. It started in 10th grade, his friends would sit with my friends since their lunch table became occupied and it was like that ever since, even now in 11th grade. His friends Lay, Xiumin, Tao and Luhan talk to all of my friends and vice versa. I, on the other hand, being my awkward self, only talk to Chen and my friends.

"We were here the whole time. I couldn't find anyone." Chen complains with an exasperated sigh.

Tao shrugs giving him an innocent smile, "We may or may not have skipped first two periods to watch a movie..." Who does he mean by we?

Before I get the chance to ask, Chen questions Tao before I do, "Who do you mean by we?"

"Oh you know, Lay, Xiumin, Luhan, me, and her friends." Tao says pointing at me.

Oh so that's why they didn't answer my texts."Oh yeahhh, I remember now. They invited me but I had a test.", I mutter to no one in particular.

"Hey hey hey! Why didn't anyone invite me?" Chen asks with a hurt tone.

"I might have accidentally forgotten." Tao says sheepishly with wide eyes.

"Aish Tao..." Chen starts, but stops himself from continuing his sentence, "okay whatever. I'll see you next period."

Tao looks at me confused, as if expecting an explanation for Chen's behaviour. Unfortunately for him I don't even know why he did that. Before I can get a word in, Chen drags me out of the cafeteria and into an empty classroom.

 "Woah Chen. What are you doing? Why won't you answer me?", I ask again as he shuts the door and turns to face me.

"I need you to help me with something." He says, his eyes glistening with a hint of mischief.

"And was this whole thing necessary?" I gesture to the shut door.

"It's more fun this way. Trust me." This earns an eye roll from me. Oh god, what is he planning now?

"Just get on with it." I say checking my phone.

"Okay so...I need you to help me with a prank."

Wow, this is interesting, "A prank?"

"Yup." Chen has a smug smile across his face.

"On who?" I ask warily.

"Tao."

I immediately stand up from the desk I was leaning against, "As much as I'd like to help, I can't."

 I don't even talk to Tao, how can I prank him? That would be so weird. The tips of Chen's lips tilt downwards, signalling disappointment.

"Awe come on Y/N. Why can't you? My best pranks are always done with you by my side." He pouts his lips, giving me the puppy eyes. Chen doesn't do aegyo often but when he does it's too adorable to deny.

"I don't even talk to him!"

"You don't need to talk to someone to prank them. Besides, maybe this will get you guys talking."

I hate to admit this but Chen has a good point. I think over this for another minute, ignoring Chen's pleas, "Fine. BUT it has to be a very mild one. I don't want to get in trouble."

"Done. Yay thank you Y/N I love you, you won't regret it!" He says happily and I laugh at his excited state.

"Do you have anything in mind though?" I have no idea what would be suitable for Tao so I'm hoping Chen knows.

 "I think I do. We can even do it tomorrow after school." And with that he starts telling me his plan. I admit, it's funny, embarrassing yet mild at the same time.

------Time Skip to tomorrow after school-----

"WHO DID THIS?" Chen and I can't contain our giggles anymore. Giving each other a high five, we walk out from the supply closet located near Tao's locker.

"Tao! I guess I accidentally forgot not to do it." Chen gives him a fake gasp and starts running away in the opposite direction. I'm too busy laughing at Tao's priceless face to notice how the gap between us shrunk. Damn, he moves fast.

"Y/N." Tao says curtly with an unamused look.

"Tao." I say looking around for an escape route.

"I will get you back." He moves in closer while I move back.

"No it's okay."

"I will. Both of you. How dare you do this?" He says closing the distance.

"I'm sorry, it's Chen's idea. I'll help you get him back." I try to compromise.

There's basically no space between us and as I look up into his eyes I'm surprised at his cocky smile."Are you afraid of me?" Tao asks.

"Of course not. I'm sure you can't do anything." I cross my arms across my chest.

"I can easily gain access to your embarrassing pictures. Laura owes me a favour anyways." He takes out his phone as if to threaten me. Laura's one of my best friends, but she'd love to embarrass me.

"Or, you can let me go this once because your a good person?" Tao laughs at this causing me to puff out my cheeks in a frown.

"Y/N, don't do that." He says looking away.

"Why?"

"Aegyo's childish. We're not children." What does this mean? Does he think my actions are cute?

'Shush Y/N, don't over think anything. He didn't mean it like that', I think to myself.

I wasn't even trying to do aegyo. I've never been called cute before so I'm not sure if it's my wishful thinking or if this is really what Tao was thinking.

"But you shouldn't have a problem with it." I decide to play it safe, since it was obviously  a misunderstanding.

"But I do."

 "Too bad. You'll have to deal with it." I smirk, it seems like I was winning this.

"I never knew you'd talk this much. I'm surprised our first actual conversation is going like this." Tao ponders making me laugh.

"Well I never knew how annoying you were." I joke.

"Oh shut up. Look at who's talking." Tao says with a smile faintly spreading his lips.

"Oh are you smiling? Awe you're smiling. Since I made you smile you should let me go and only take revenge on Chen." Chen left me here so obviously I'd help Tao. Curse you, Kim Jongdae.

"Nope that won't work with me. Now stop talking so I can think of something." I watch as Tao carefully plans things out. If I keep distracting him he'd have to let me go, I'm still trapped with his arms on either side of me.

"Awe but I can't stop talking."

"I'll make you stop."

"And how is that?" Just as I finish speaking these words I see Tao leaning in, ever so slowly.

Oh my god. This is the cheesy moment you'll read of in a book or see in a movie and yet it's happening in real life. Especially with a guy I haven't talked to before today. My eyes widen as his lips land on mine, and I freeze. Time seems to stop and Tao seems to realize something as he pulls back.

"No. This is not how it's supposed to go."

"No my dear Tao, this is even better." We both turn around to look at Chen walking towards us with a knowing smile.

"Okay don't say some bull like you planned this." I say confused out of my mind.

"No, no. I knew Tao wanted to get to know you and I knew that you wanted to get to know him so I planned a prank where you'd eventually start talking. I'm also surprised that he kissed you." Chen coos at us as if we're children.

 My eyes widen again and I look up at Tao. As those words fall from his mouth, it makes this whole kiss real.

"What?" Tao and I ask in unison. He semi-planned this? Is he for real?

"Well Tao would complain that you only talked to me and how you seem like a cool person. And Y/N complained saying she wants to talk to everyone, especially Tao." Chen emphasizes the last part and I hide my face into my hands.

"He seemed funny." I mutter quickly.

"Seemed?" Tao asks defensively. I giggle at his reaction.

"Let's hurry this process so I can get home. Clearly you have some feelings for each other so why don't you guys have a date at the festival tomorrow? It's a Saturday so there's no school." Chen says checking his watch. Hold up, is he planning this date for us?

"I must say Chen, this is one of the most awkward situations you've ever put me in."

"Same here", Tao chimes in.

"What are you talking about?" Chen asks feigning a hurt look.

"For starters you predicted a girl, one that I haven't talked to before, will like me. And you just planned a date for us." Tao says in a 'duh' tone.

"Well what can you say? I'm Cupid Chen."

"More like stupid Chen." I roll my eyes.

"Okay yea you two are perfect for each other. I'm leaving now, make sure you use protection!" Chen laughs walking towards the exit of the school.

"Y/N?" Tao turns to me.

"Yea?"

"Did that really just happen?"

"I think so." I nod.Another minute passes by before he says something again.

"So about that date..." I give him a bewildered look before he continues, "I'm up for it. Are you? It'd be a great way to get to know each other."

"Fine but if things go downhill, I still wanna be friends. You might be annoying but you still seem fun."

"The feelings are mutual. Besides, we still need to get Jongdae back for this." Tao agrees with a laugh. Is it possible for laughter to be attractive? Because Tao's making it very attractive.

"So I'll see you tomorrow then. Have fun cleaning this mess." I attempt to get away but he grabs onto the sleeve of my shirt. The remains of Chen and mine prank are still taped to the lockers of this area.

"Nuh uh, you're staying here with me." I don't argue since it doesn't seem that bad. Staying after school with a cute boy that you may have feelings for? Who would turn that offer down.

"Fine." I pout but I begin to help clean anyways.

Oh Chen, he may have started a great friendship/relationship, but he doesn't know that we're still going to get revenge.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm so sorry for this one. I think it's a bit confusing and I didn't edit it either, whoops. But I still wanted to write one with my bias, Tao. ❤

I'm still awaiting requests guys, if I have a request I'm sure it will turn out much nicer. Anyways, I'd love it if you leave some feedback.

Reminder: You're beautiful.