(REQUESTED) Sehun - Pained Friendship

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

A/N: Hiii guysss, guess what this is....MY FIRST REQUESTED ONESHOT!! Thank you to ~littledeer93~ for sending in a request! I hope this is satisfying! :)

Anyways, I'll include a bit of the plot since the ending is spoiled in the other parts: : Sehun is a blind boy and Hana is the rich, cold, insensitive spoiled princess/heiress.

Anywaysss, I haven't done much angsty plots before so go easy on me heheh >.<

TO THE STORYYY------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Your POV*

“Hana, this is Sehun. You need to get along with him since he’s my guest and he’ll be a part of this family from now on.” The one sentence that ruined your life…or so you thought.

 

*Flashback*

You were about to go to the nail salon to get a manicure when you saw this boy standing outside. Your initial reaction was a double take, he was extremely handsome. But as you continued to watch him you took notice of his battered clothes and the cane in his hand. He was blind, and clearly poor. Your attraction vanished into thin air and disgust filled your face, not that he’d see anyways.

“Uh can you leave?” You bluntly ask causing him to jump, startled.

“I…Your dad….uh..” He stutters, not sure what to say. You roll your eyes, pathetic.

“I said leave.” You don’t give him time to react as you grab his arm and begin to drag him out.

“Hana!” Your dad’s voice thunders from behind you making you drop this boy's arm, turning around.

“Don’t worry dad, I’m just taking out the trash.” Your words get malicious by the second and the boy flinches.

“He’s not trash. He’s a human being who needs a place to stay.”

“But daaaad.” You whine, practically begging. Your dad never said no to you.

“No. Hana, this is Sehun. You need to get along with him since he’s my guest and he’ll be a part of this family from now on.” He helps Sehun into the house and you follow, stomping your feet.

“No, this isn’t fair. I don’t want to live in the same house as someone like him.”

Your father gives you a strict look, something you weren’t familiar with. Was he choosing Sehun over you?

You let out a frustrated groan and walk away, deciding to deal with him when your dad’s not there.

An hour later, you come downstairs to hear Sehun listening to music and softly singing along. Your purse your lips out when you think of how the beauty and talent was wasted on someone like him.

“Yah! How dare you barge into my house you filthy rat. Do you know who I am?”

Your voice scares him as he slowly gets up, reaching around for his cane. You see it on the floor and kick it away.

“You-You’re Hana.” He simply says, intimidated by your anger. He continues looking for his cane but to no avail, its not where he left it last.

“Do you know where my cane is?”

“Yes, but I won’t tell you. Not until you leave the house.” He stays silent, searching for his beloved cane.

“Here.” Suddenly a hand gently picks it up from the opposite side of the room and hands it to him.

“Thank you so much.” He smiles, looking down. You glare at your cousin Sabrina.

“Why’d you do that Sabrina? I was finally about to cleanse this house.”

“You’re a you know, his stay in this house shouldn’t affect you more than the fact that I’ll be staying here for a few months.”

“But you’re my cousin Sabrina, not a disgusting rat. Look what you did idiot, you’ve caused a fight between cousins.” You turn to him threateningly but you have to remind yourself that he wouldn’t be able to see.

“Sorry, I’ll go to my room.” Sehun leaves immediately and Sabrina follows him, protectively.

Fine, he can stay here, but that doesn’t mean that his stay would be pleasant.

Over the past few weeks you’ve done countless horrible things, in hope of him leaving your house on his own but he sits there, taking it. How weak can a man be?

*Sehun’s POV*

“Oops sorry.” Hana says once she’s bumped me into the desk. Pain shoots up my hips where it’s hit but I say nothing as I walk out. I suppose about 6 months ago I would have been angered. How dare someone do that to the Oh Sehun, heir of Oh Company? But ever since that fire occurred, the same one that killed my parents and left me blind, I’ve changed. I realized that everything doesn’t revolve around money or popularity, although I learnt this the hard way. I was feeling overwhelmed and was about to jump off of a bridge when Hana’s father found me. Apparently he was a good friend of my dad’s, my dad was the person who helped Hana’s dad build his company. So naturally he felt in debt to me and decided to take me home. I was the one who fought saying there was no home, telling him how miserable I feel in the academy for people with disabilities. I wanted my family and that was all. I guess he thought his family would be good enough and brought me here.

Hana was a fighter, she was ruthless and mean, and I would have hated her but in a way she reminds me of my previous self. Truth be told, I admire her strength.

Sabrina, her cousin, is the one who takes care of me. Who makes sure I don’t get too hurt.

Hearing stories about Hana made me laugh, she was funny when I wasn’t around.

Anyways, I walk up to my room and decide to take a nap. By now I’ve gotten used to where everything is, I can handle being by myself. That is, unless Hana decides to toy with me.

An hour later, after getting no sleep, I decide to go get a drink. I slowly make my way downstairs and freeze as soon as I hear a song. It’s not playing from a device though, so someone’s singing it live. I decide to move closer, to figure out who has that talent when it hits me. I’ve heard this voice before. My mother.
I shake my head, reminding myself that the doctors confirmed that she was dead. So who is singing this song?

Only two names pop up in my head, Sabrina and Hana. I wait in my position, behind the wall, hoping for some hint as to who the owner is of this beautiful and familiar voice. Suddenly the piano becomes silent and I hold my breath, hoping that they wouldn’t walk over.

“Awe Cupcake. What are you doing over here?” A voice coos lovingly to the house cat, Cupcake. I bite my lower lip as I realize who this voice belongs to. Hana.

My lips feel dry and my eyes start to sting as I recall my mother singing to me with that voice. I feel as if I can face anything that Hana throws at me, as long as I can hear Hana sing.

Another week goes by as usual, except this time I always come downstairs at 1 in the morning to hear Hana sing. I’ve gotten used to her schedule and started to fall for her. Hard.

 

One day as I’m lounging on my bed with Cupcake, I feel something hard press against my leg. I pick it up and run my hands over it, it was a phone. I feel the design on the back and I nod as I remember who had this case, Sabrina. She must have left it in here this morning, when we were hanging out.I better go give it to her right now. As I’m right outside of her room I hear Hana’s voice yell in a frustrated state.

“I CAN’T STAND HIM SABRINA! Dad is disappointed in me now because of the way I treat him. I can’t believe it. This isn’t fair.” I ought to go inside and return Sabrina’s phone but for some reason I wait, since I’m 99% sure she’s talking about me.

“Well Hana, I’m saying this out of love but…you’ve treated him like .”

Sabrina’s got a point but I’m over it, as long as I can hear that voice of hers, I’m willing to go through any hardships.

“You don’t get it Sabrina. It’s not fun anymore. He’s causing me more pain than anything else. You’ve been slightly distant ever since he walked into our lives. My dad won’t trust me like he used to, ever since he walked into our lives. Why can’t he leave? He’s useless, he’s a pain in my . I hate Oh Sehun.” I’m used to her opinion about me but strangely, it feels different today. She seems more sincere. As if she really thinks I’m ruining her life.

“Hana…” Sabrina gets cut off by Hana’s sobs.

“I don’t like feeling like a . I want to go to the way things were.” My heart shatters, hearing her sobs mixed in with her words.

“Awe Hana come here.” Sabrina says sympathetically and I subconsciously wipe a tear that escaped my eyes. Making the girl you love cry, it’s such an unbearable feeling.

That’s it, now I'm completely sure it'd be best if I leave. And I don’t want to return. My Hana shouldn’t ever feel pain from me, ever again.

 

*Back to the Present Time*

You sigh, finally getting off of your long plane from London. It’s been 5 years since Sehun abruptly came into your life, and abruptly left. You still think of him occasionally, regretting every single harsh action towards him.
The morning after he left, your family started to panic but secretly you were happy. This is what you wanted right? But once your dad forced you to check his room for any hints, it all came crashing down. There was a letter, in braille. You immediately gave it to Sabrina who went to someone she knew to have it read out loud. Of course she told you what it said, but were you fazed? Not at all. In fact you scoffed, laughing that he thought he had a chance with you. But the next few days were hard, you started to feel emptiness. Your parents got over Sehun in a week, while you and Sabrina took longer. You began to join her on her search for Sehun. You may not have noticed it before but his love was comforting. You felt comfortable when you were tormenting him. A month later when Sabrina lost hope, you were ready to admit it.
You loved Sehun.

You jump out of your thoughts as your phone beeped, signaling a text from Sabrina, “Glad you’re back, we have to catch up on everything that happened this past half decade. Plus there’s someone I want you to meet :)

Of course, let’s meet at Cathartic Café in 2 hours!! :D”, you reply with a sigh. You guess there’s no time to rest. You stop by your house, finally coming home from your collage abroad. In no time, 2 hours have passed and you’re driving to your favourite café in your neighbourhood.

Once you’ve arrived, you look around to see the empty café and shrug, deciding to order while you wait for your cousin. You’re on your phone when you hear the bell ring, signaling another customer. You look up with a smile, but it soon falls off your face once you see who it is. Sabrina stands there, giving you a nervous smile, while leading a tall, handsome boy in your direction. The boy looks unsure of what to do as he faintly waves, making his way over to you.

“Se-Sehun?” No way can this be him. He ran away half a decade ago, he was nowhere when you both searched for him. And most importantly, this boy can see.

“Yes. Hi Hana.”

All is silent as you both stare at each other. Of course he has a reason to, he has never seen you before. But the shock of finally seeing him again turns you into a doll. All you can do it stare at him.

“I’ll go order for us. You guys need to catch up on a lot.” Sabrina excuses herself and walks away quickly. Another minute passes by and you both haven’t said a word to each other. Sehun finally breaks the eye contact and coughs awkwardly, looking around to distract himself.

“Wow.” You mentally slap yourself. You’re finally seeing your first love after 5 years and all you can manage is a simple ‘wow’?

“Haha this is quite awkward.” Sehun laughs, trying to relieve the tension in the air.

“H-How?” You’re not sure if you can form a complete sentence at the moment, it seems like the world is suffocating you.

“I suppose the whole story will take too long so I’ll give you the basics for now. I think about a month after you left for London, I joined the academy for people with disabilities. For my homework I had to go to the library, coincidentally it was the same one Sabrina was volunteering at. She saw me and I guess we became friends again. I learned about your collage acceptance, congratulations by the way. Anyways, she stuck by me the whole time, and helped me when I wanted to get eye surgery. Luckily I was one of the few cases that could be helped with an eye transplant. And now, tada, here I am.” You don’t fail to notice that this was the most Sehun has ever said to you.

“Oh, that’s cool.” You’re starting to come out of shock when Sabrina joins you both again, with their order in her hands.

“Here, Sehun.” Sehun takes the muffin and coffee from her hands and puts it on the table before grabbing her hand.Your eyes widen as you try to put the pieces together.

Sabrina clearly tries to wiggle her hand out and looks up at you. At first you’re still staring at their connected hands but soon snap out of it and take a sip of the coffee before standing up.

“What’s wrong babe?” For some reason you assume he’s talking to you so you look down to answer but you’re disappointed to see Sehun looking at Sabrina.

“I-uh-I need to use the washroom.” You simply say, avoiding eye contact before running into the washroom to stand in front of the sink. Splashing water over your face, you try to make sense of what happened out there. You were too late. You were too late to be with your first love, and it was all because of you.

*Sehun POV*

“Sehun, what are you doing? You’re going to make her back down.” Sabrina whispers, pointing at the direction of the washroom.

“I know.”

“What do you mean you know? Did you forget what happened? She’s your first love Sehun, this is your chance, you both can finally be happy and peaceful.”

“I don’t want that anymore.” I look up at Sabrina, tucking the strands of hair over her ear.

“I don’t understand.” Her wide eyes and opened mouth bring a small smile to my face, as I start to explain.

“Yes, she was my first love. And if what you told me was right, I was her first love as well. But it just won’t work. It shouldn’t work. In a way, my love for her was biased. Had she not have had the same voice as my mom, I don’t know if I would have been as deeply in love with her. Besides, she was genuine when she said she hated me, don’t you dare lie about that. If she needed my absence to realize she loved me, I don’t know how to feel about her so called ‘love’.” I pause when Sabrina’s shoulders slump against her chair as she processed my words, “If you love someone, you need to let them go. And that’s precisely what I did. And thankfully, I gained someone else because of it. If we hadn’t broken each other’s heart, you and I wouldn’t be in a relationship today. I know I loved her first, but I love you now. So let’s not make amends to either my heart or hers. That doesn’t matter anymore, Sabrina.”

I look up to see Hana hesitantly inching closer to our table, “She doesn’t matter anymore.”

A tear escapes her eye and I know for sure she heard me. I fight to remind myself to ignore the pain in my chest, the pain that took forever to get rid of in the first place.

This is how our relationship will be from now on, a pained friendship.

 

Author's Note: How was it littledeer93??? Thank you so so much for sending in a request, and I hope this oneshot did your request justice! I know the ending wasn't something you suggested but I thought it'd be an interesting twist idk.

((I'll add her full plot at the end for those of you who are curious))

I'm always taking requests guys, I finished this oneshot in an hour or so since I had a plot to work on!!

Anyways, as usual feedback/comments/requests are greatly appreciated!!

Reminder: You're all beautiful and ily~

 

 

Initial Request: "Sehun ended up in Hana's mansion or house. Maybe her dad rescued him or something.. but yeah.. Hana don't like him. At all. She tormented him everyday because she wants him to get out from her house. But her dad always stop her and scolded her for being harsh towards sehun

Sehun likes hana. Secretly of course. What makes him like her so much despite her being harsh to him is the fact that Hana's singing voice is the same as his deceased mother. Yes. Hana can sing. Sehun heard her sing one day.. and he fell right there and then... which makes her torments towards him a lot more unbearable for him.

One day.. sehun really left though.. quietly because he just couldn't take it anymore... Hana's harsh words really hurt him.. and he thinks the only way he can make her happy is by leaving..

And Hana was happy at first.. until she started to miss him and it got worse when she discovered his braille letter for her.. that told her of his feelings... (don't make her change of heart too sudden though...)

She tried to look for him afterwards.. but she can't find him."