Sehun - Banner

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hiiii lovelies. Here's a quick one shot I wrote up in like 10 minutes. Consider this as a demo of how my one-shots would be. I was in a TaoHun mood so I even added a bit of that heheh. Hope you enjoy it!!

 

*YOUR POV*

"Y/N! Come on, we're going to be late!" Angie screams as we rush down the hallway.

Classes were let out early for the special talent show assembly. Our friend Kiyara was singing and we made sure to make a banner that would embarrass/encourage her. We walk in from the back doors since we were already late and I squint trying to look for the best available seats. Angie, the one with better vision, taps me on the shoulder to point out 2 seats in the 3rd row and we make our way down as the MCs announce the next performers.

"Sorry, sorry!", I apologize repeatedly when I accidentally hit the boy beside me with our banner.

"It's fine. I'm okay.", He reassures me with a gentle smile. He seems to be alone so I debate whether to strike a conversation with him or not.

You see, I'm one of the quietest and most awkward people you'd ever meet and I wouldn't come out of my shell until I've had a few conversations with the person. And during one of the rare times I feel confident, I try my best to talk to someone to improve my social skills. Of course I wouldn't talk to just anyone but if someone's alone that would make things a lot easier for me.

"Oh Huang Zitao! That's my friend! He'll be doing Wushu!", Sehun, the boy we sat beside suddenly speaks up excitedly.

"Wow really? Does he have experience? Because I heard it could be dangerous if you don't practice.", I say using the perfect opportunity he laid out for me.

"Yes don't worry, he's been practicing ever since he was a child. It's one of the few things he's actually good at.", He replies with a giggle.

The curtains open and a slender figure walks forward on stage, full of confidence and charisma. "Angie, isn't that the guy from our math class?" I ask, keeping my eyes on his body. I must say, he was really good at it. In class he was the cute and idiotic boy full of aegyo but watching him on stage doing martial arts was very intriguing.

"You mean the guy you were into the first couple of days of school?" I don't even need to turn around to see the smirk on her face.

"Angie! Shut up!" I say peeking over at Sehun, hoping that he didn't hear. He was Tao's friend after all.

"Isn't he amazing?" Sehun says in awe looking at us again.

"Oh yea, he is. It's quite surprising how different he is from math class." Angie says from beside me.

"Yeah I know , but you know, everyone has 2 sides to them." He agrees, "Take Y/N as an example. In class she comes off as a girl who would never talk to just anyone but she just had a conversation with me.

"Yah! Sehun, stop. I talk in class okay, just not to everyone." I pout making him laugh.

"I'm just kidding, don't worry!" He says ruffling up my hair.

"Wow that was a cool performance. Well up next we have Kiyara who will be singing the song Diana by One Direction."

"YESSS KIYARA WOOOH!" Angie screams from beside me, earning a few strange looks. I cover my face in embarrassment and Sehun laughs again with an amused expression.

"Y/N stop hiding and help me with the banner." Angie pokes me.

"Stop yelling oh god." I unroll the banner that messily says, 'Go Kiyara! Work your talent girl. S/O to us for being the best friends ever.' Are we the greatest friends or what?

"I'd be embarrassed.", Sehun says with a perfectly arched eyebrow raised.

"That was kinda the point.", I give him an innocent smile and hold up the banner over my head.

"Here, I'll help." He reaches over and takes the end from my hand. As I look up to thank him, I notice the proximity between our faces and I quickly pull back.

"Thanks.", I say looking away. I can feel my face heat up and I try to distract myself by looking at Kiyara. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind being so close to his face. In fact, I enjoyed the view. But I haven't ever been so close to a guy before.

"No problem, you owe me though." He smirks at my frown.

"I'm broke." I joke, "I'll only buy you the cheapest cafeteria food."

"Ew I don't want that stuff. I'll come up with a favour, don't worry." I shrug and hold up the middle of the banner, shaking it. Kiyara looks right at us, trying to fight off the laugh as she sings the chorus. I laugh out loud imagining the reaction Angie and I would receive after the show.

"She's good." Sehun says with approval.

"Uh what are you talking about, she's amazing." I retort.

"Sehun can you whistle at the last verse? I can't whistle." Angie says with a disappointed look. She has her lips pursed and I can tell that she was probably trying her hardest to whistle before she asked Sehun.

"Of course." He says and surely as she sings the last verse, he lets out a loud whistle and bursts into laughter right after. Angie reaches over me to give a high five, laughing along.

"Well hope you loved Arium High's 2015 talent show, see you again next year!" The MCs say and everyone starts to leave. I turn to Angie and laugh, did we seriously only come for the last 3 performances?

"This , I heard Jacob danced too." Angie says with regret but soon smiles again before pulling my hand to get up, "Come come come, let's go backstage to talk to Kiyara!"

"Can I come with you guys?" Sehun asks already standing up.

"We can't stop you." I say as I nod and Sehun breaks into another award winning smile. I have only talked to him for about half an hour but I already like him. Wait no, not like him as in I like him. I just enjoy his company. Yes, that's right. The 3 of us make our ways backstage to see Kiyara and Tao talking.

"Tao hyung!" Sehun calls out, running to him dramatically.

"Sehunnie!" Tao calls back running to meet him half way.

"Y/N, Angie!" Kiyara mocks from behind them and we all laugh.

"Kiyara!" Angie and I call in unison.

"Hey, we didn't sound that cheesy! It was cute." Tao says denfensively while Sehun's head. Yup, this was the Tao I usually see, not that powerful guy on stage.

"Kiyara, you were amazing oh my god." Angie gushes.

"Did you like the banner?" I ask, pointing to the banner that was now rolled up and put away into a plastic bag.

"I liked it." Tao says clapping his hands as he laughs, "everyone backstage liked it."

"I hated it, you don't deserve shout outs." She jokingly says as she gives us a disgusted look.

"Kay then we take it back, I hope you unworked your talent."

"Awe don't worry Y/N, consider it as a pity banner." Angie reassures.

"Ha, loser." I say turning my back to her.

"Immature much?"

"Look who's talking."

"No, I agree. Y/N is very immature." Sehun agrees, childishly sticking his tongue out.

"Hey no that doesn't count, you don't even know me."

"Hey you're right...", Sehun starts visibly thinking, his eyebrows furrow together. He snaps his fingers signalling a plan and he continues speaking, "And I figured out what you owe me."

"And what might that be?", I'm wary of what he might say. What is he thinking?

"A date. And don't worry, I'll pay. So you'll save money too?", His voice starts off confident and joking, but slowly drifts off into a questioning tone.

"Oh.", was he serious? Is he joking? I don't want to say anything if this is a joke. No one has ever asked me out before so I'm quite inexperienced.

"Oh? What does 'oh' mean?" His eyebrow gets raised and looks confused.

"Are you being serious?"

"Does it look like I'm serious?"

"I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking."

"Oh."

"What is 'Oh' supposed to mean?!", This time I'm the one that's confused.

Sehun laughs at my frustrated state, "Hahah it was just a taste of your own medicine Y/N. Yes, I was serious. So what's your answer?"

"I-I don't know." I'm still wary.

"Well I'll take that as a yes. Give me your number so I can text you the details later."

"O-Okay?" What is happening right now?

He grabs my phone and enters his number. I notice that he also texts himself with my phone so he can receive my number as well. While he does this, I stand still watching Sehun carefully. I'm not sure if this is really happening. I'm not usually the submissive type...so why am I acting like this in front of him?

"Well bye Y/N, hopefully you'll remember how to talk in time for our date.", He gives me another amused smirk and calls out to Tao.

"Come on hyung, help me prepare for a date." Sehun teases me one last time before he walks away.

*SEHUN POV*

"Uh Y/N why do you look so shocked?", I hear Angie ask her as I'm walking away. I'm still surprised that I actually did that. I've never done that before at all and I can't believe that it really worked with Y/N. I guess romance movies do have some truth to them.

"I don't know what happened." Y/N mutters, "But I do know that I'm not complaining."

Tao also hears this and turns his head to give me a teasing look."Sehun-ah. Don't smile so much, it makes your face ugly."

"Aish Tao shut up." Only one good thing came out of the fact that I came to cheer Tao on alone. I wouldn't have officially met Y/N otherwise.