Xiumin - Creative Writing Classmate

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

Ahh creative writing class...one of the classes you like and dislike at the same time. As a child you've always loved writing stories, which is why you joined this class in the first place. However, none of your friends are in this class and you, being your awkward self, didn't decide to make any.

You just quietly sit in the corner with your music in, doing your work. Your social anxiety didn't help either, presenting your work in front of the class and group assignments were hell for you. Don't be fooled, outside of this class, when you're with friends you're totally fun and crazy. Not that your classmates would know. To them you were just there, they'd only talk to you when you had a group assignment. And today, the first thing you noticed when you walked in was the desks were arranged in pairs, causing you to groan. Partner work.

"Alright class. As you may have noticed, we'll be working in partners today!" Your teacher says as soon as the bell rings. Around you, you could hear excited whispers but you could only groan and count the number of people in class that day. To your disappointment, it was an even number. You'll be stuck with a partner that day. Another look around the classroom and you notice who'd be the unlucky partner, Xiumin. Being the quiet girl has its perks. You've observed everyone and Xiumin was no exception. He wasn't popular but he wasn't unpopular either. He was a funny guy, he'd spend most of the class talking to his 2 best friends Luhan and Junmyeon.

"I'll let you go to your partners later but listen to the instructions first. For this week it'll be about writing a story with a protagonist based off of yourself. So to help with that you're going to take turns asking each other questions and you'll create a character for each other. I decided to get someone else to create your character because often, we don't see ourselves clearly. Well I'll let you get to it!"

You roll your eyes, wow special bonding time. You decide to stare at your phone, waiting for Xiumin to arrive. He was friendly so you'll just let him start the conversation.

"Uh...Y/N, right?" You look up to see him standing in front of your desk, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. His chocolate eyes watch you carefully.

"Yeah...do you need a partner?" You question, looking around the classroom for another person without a partner.

"Yup, Luhan and Junmyeon aren't here so...", he trails off and pulls the chair, seating himself.

"So how do we do this?" You glance at your notebook, unsure of how to begin.

"Well if you'd like I can start asking questions."

"Of course."

"What's your name?" He asks, causing you to give him a look.

"...My name is Beyonce." At least you still have your sarcasm. He laughs, apologizing.

"Sorry, sorry bad question. What are your hobbies?"

You answer each question he asks and ask him in return, actually having fun for once in this class.

You guys get closer with each question, while trying to focus on the assignment. By the end of the class you've got a good understanding of him, and you have to fight to remind yourself that he was just a classmate, nothing more. Certainly not a crush. As the bell rings, he quickly slings his bag over his shoulder and starts walking towards the door.

"Oh wait your pen!" You call out. He had let you borrow his pen when yours betrayed you and ran out of ink.

"Just give it to me after school." He smiles before running after his friends. You shrug and begin going to your next class, you'll obviously see him since his locker is near yours.

-TIME SKIP TO END OF SCHOOL DAY-

You got held behind last period by your teacher so you were rushing to get to your locker. You had to volunteer after school in the library and you didn't want to be too late. As you speed walk through the hall, you hear familiar laughter so you slow down, trying to remember who it belongs too.

"Okay Xiumin, fill us in on what we missed in third period." You peek around the corner to see Luhan and Junmyeon talking to Xiumin..

"If you guys are going to skip CW class, tell me beforehand. You left me alone." He lowers his head and let's out a few fake sobs, dramatically.

"Awe sorry baozi, but I was feeling sick so Luhan and I just went to relax at the park." Junmyeon says chuckling at his cute friend's reaction.

"Well it was partner work, we had to get to know each other enough to create a character based on them."

"Oh then I'm not worried, I know Junmyeon better than he knows himself." Luhan gives Junmyeon a pat on his head.

"Ohh who was your partner? Isayah?"

"Nope, it was Y/N. Isayah wasn't there today either."

"Jinja? It was really her? I'm so sorry Xiumin, if we'd known we wouldn't have skipped. But on the bright side, you're still alive."

You feel confusion and anger bubble up inside of you. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"Oh? Oh. Uh yea...but in all honesty, she's not how we imagined she would be.", Xiumin hesitates, unsure of what to say.

You take this opportunity to walk up to them, with his pen in your hand.

"Here." You swiftly hand him his pen before walking back towards your locker. Just when you thought you'd finally make a friend in that class. What did they mean by those words? Do they make fun of you behind your back? Junmyeon and Luhan seemed nice enough but now you weren't sure what to think.

----------------------------------------

The next few days went by like usual, you avoided Xiumin although he would occasionally smile at you. But all that avoiding was forced to an end on Friday when your teacher announced it was time to get back with your partner and work on a story line for each other.

The first thing you did was ask your teacher if you could work independently and unfortunately you couldn't. Since she was standing at the back, you didn't even need to get out of your seat. But that's when you realize that Xiumin was already here and was listening to your request. He has a hurt expression on his face. Guilt pinches at your heart but you ignore it, still upset at the fact that they probably made fun of you behind your back. You look down to avoid more guilt. Damn Xiumin sure had a lot of aegyo in him, it made you feel like you hurt a child.

"Y/N-" you cut him off before he can continue.

"Here's your character description. I'm sure we can come up with our own storyline so yeah." You felt that you were being immature but you've always been insecure of what people thought of you.

"Y/N wh-", he tries again but you cut him off this time as well.

"Do you have my character?" You occupy your hands and eyes to your notebook, hoping to avoid interrogation. Truth be told, if he asked why you were acting like this, you wouldn't know how to answer him. Tell him you were eavesdropping on his conversation? No way.

Finally getting fed up with the distractions, he reaches over to pin your hands down by your sides, making you look up at his face.

"Y/N for god's sake. Tell me why you're acting like this." You expect him to be annoyed but his expression was complete confusion.

"I just want to make sure you'd still be alive after communicating with me." Subconsciously your eyes drift to Junmyeon and Luhan who have no idea about the scene that's happening behind them. Xiumin's gaze follows and he sighs with amusement.

"I had a feeling you heard us." You look back at him, curious as to what is making him amused.

"What do you think they meant?" Xiumin asks, causing you to scream internally. How dare he ask you when that was the question you've been asking yourself this whole week.

You shrug, deciding silence would be better.

Sighing once again, he lets out an embarrassed smile.

"Okay story time. Last week all three of us were on sns and we accidentally came across your account. Your fan account about your 'oppa' idol." He uses his slender fingers to 'quote' the word oppa.

"Anyways, you were upset that day and your post were scary. You were ranting about everyone at school. And that's when Luhan made a joke about how you would seem like the perfect satanist but he also said that your actually personality won't fit."

You glance over at Luhan and back to Xiumin.

You agree that your appearance was not too friendly. You had a 'resting face' with dark eyeliner always surrounding your eyes and had your earphones in your ears all the time. Not too inviting. Plus to top it off, speaking only when necessary and being sarcastic was not a great way to make friends. Your friends make jokes yourself about being evil but that was all it was. A joke.

"Ah ." You mutter looking up at Xiumin apologetically before beginning to babble on, "I feel stupid now. I didn't know, it's just that I usually assume the worst and since nobody really wants me around I have trust issues and basically I'm sorry."

"I know." He states simply. You stare at him intently, hoping for an explanation.

You roll your eyes as soon as you realize you won't get one.

"Yah! I let out my feelings an apologize and all I get is a 'I know'?", He laughs loudly at your frustrated state, "I should've changed your character to an annoying guy ugh you jerk. You won't even accept my apology."

He shrugs with an amused smile and you continue with the over reacting, hoping that making him laugh would make it up to him.

"Tsk tsk I can't believe I thought you'd accept my apology. Oh god, what am I going to do?"

"Wait I have an idea!" His face lights up and you smile as well, his excitement is contagious.

"What's your brilliant idea?" You ask curiously. It's hard to fight off the smile that's starting to form on your lips.

"I'll only accept your apology if you go on a date with me." You cough at the sudden words.

"What?!" You couldn't have possibly heard that right.

"Hm, it seems like you're not truly apologetic." He smirks playing along with your previous acting.

"No-I mean sure we can go on a date. We can't have you mad at me." You quickly recover from your shock and continue on.

"Great. I guess you're forgiven kitten." He purrs causing you both to laugh loudly, disturbing the other partners.

Although this week's events were super confusing, for once you're glad that you had to do partner work in this class.

 

A/N: Hello again! It's me, again! The girl with no requests and is slowly getting discouraged by the lack of results....

I'd really really love feedback, and requests, just putting that out there *nudge, nudge*

I'm hoping y'all actually enjoy reading my oneshots because writing is always a stress reliever for me. I'm not good at it, but it's fun.

So yea, comments/feedback/requests would be awesome. 

Reminder: You're beautiful and ily