Kai - Present

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

"Oppa can we go watch a movie tomorrow?"

"Of course Jagiya, we could meet at the theatre around 6."

That was the last conversation you had with Jongin yesterday. It was your birthday today and although you didn't want anything extravagant, you wanted a fun day with your boyfriend. Your friends planned a party for the next day in the neighbouring city knowing that you hoped to spend your birthday with him. Jongin isn't a forgetful person, in fact he's your personal reminder. So you didn't bother to double check with him before you left. You were excited to show your birthday outfit that your sister picked for you. It was simple but badass, and you knew that was Jongin's favourite style. You got there 5 minutes late but you were relieved that he wasn't there yet. You didn't get your ticket yet since you weren't sure which movie he'd want to see. You sat down on the bench, hoping to pass time. You got carried away with a story you were reading until you checked the time. 6:30.

By now you were worried, you didn't get any texts from him. Did something happen to him?

'I'm hereee :)" you text him, after thinking over the possibilities. He probably got stuck in traffic. You wait 10 minutes and there's still no response so you call his phone. 

"Hello?" Your heart stops for a second, taken aback by the female voice.

"Hello?"

"Hiii it's the birthday girl speaking! By the caller id I'm guessing your name's Y/N. Jongin's somewhere in this party right now, do you want me to call him?"

"Oh...no sorry I accidentally called Jongin. I meant to press Jodi, sorry. Have a great birthday!" You quickly end the call after mustering up all the enthusiasm you could give at that point. Jongin forgot about your birthday but remembered someone else's. 

You nails press into the palm of your hand but you don't pay attention to it since this pain is nothing compared to what Jongin caused.

"Whatever." You mutter to yourself before gathering your stuff and preparing to leave.

"Y/N!" You hear a voice call out and to your surprise its Sujaany, your best friend.

"Oh hi." you still can't get over that sense of betrayal so you don't return her friendly smile.

"Okay so I'm stuck taking my sister to the movies and you look mad so guess what your gonna do?", She grabs your hand pulls you along with her, "You'll watch this with me and tell me what happened."

~AFTER THE MOVIE'S FINISHED~

"So he's at the girl's party?"

"Mhm."

"And ditched you?"

"Mhm."

"Wow."

"I know." Sujaany had dropped her sister off and now you were both at the ice cream parlour, stuffing your faces with comfort food.

"I wouldn't be mad if I didn't know him. He barely ever forgets anything. Am I really that unimportant?" You slowly question as you start to feel guilty. Did he not feel the same as he used to? 

"Whatever. I'm fine. I'll enjoy my time at Niagra tomorrow with you guys and I will not think of Jongin." Niagra was full of attraction sites and fun things to do, a great place to keep Jongin out of your thoughts.

"Yes! That's the spirit! Come on, I'll help you pack."

~TIME SKIP TO NEXT DAY~ 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT." You screech, adrenaline rushing through your veins. You were having a great time and didn't spend the day thinking about Jongin. Well, he texted Sujaany asking where you were and you told her to be vague. Other than that, this party weekend will be about you.

"Come on, you need to sneek into a club underage at least once in your life. Your already 17, this is your last chance." Jonghyun laughs, pulling the rest of you along.

"I turned 17 yesterday, and we're still in our senior year, we could've snuck in another time ." You roll your eyes, grabbing his arm in a playful way.

"SELFIE!" Sujaany calls, stopping you all for a picture on Instagram, "Caption...hm...With the belated birthday alien, Y/N."

*JONGIN POV*

Its been 2 days since Y/N has texted me. I texted Sujaany worried about why Y/N wasn't replying and she strangely replied with 'She's fine, she's with me.' Something's off though, I'm not stupid.

I decide to check Instagram, hoping for a clue.

"With the belated birthday alien, Y/N."

What?

 .

The first person in the picture I notice is Y/N, laughing happily with her arms around Jonghyun while doing a peace sign.

No wonder she didn't reply. I can't believe I forgot her birthday! I even made plans with her the day before. She must hate me so much, I deserve it though. When Lauryn invited me to her party last minute, I totally forgot to go to the movies.

"Sujaany. I know what happened and I'm so sorry. I feel so ty." I send Sujaany a text since I know Y/N won't reply.

"Good." 

"Please tell me when you'll get back, I need to make it up to her."

"Are you sure there won't be any other birthday parties that might distract you?" 

I expected this, I'm thankful Sujaany cares about Y/N this much.

"I swear this will be about Y/N. Please."

I don't get another reply for about 5 minutes and I start to lose hope until I see my phone light up with the words, "Fine. She'll be back in 2 days."

2 days, enough time for me to set something up. 

I'm sorry Y/N but I'll make it up to you, I promise.

~TIME SKIP TO 2 DAYS~

*YOUR POV*

"I don't see why we have to go to the woods right this minute, I'm sure we can go after we unpack." I complain as Sujaany drives us to the forest. This forest is one of the most calming places I've been to, I've been there with the closest people in my lives and it's my go to place.

"Y/N I'm upset right now and I just want to relax there." She replies with a frustrated glance.

"Okay fine. I guess I can relax there too." I turn around as I think of Jongin. We've only been dating for like 4 months but it's always seemed longer. We're in high school so I try not to get too lovey dovey or intimate since you can never be sure with a high school romance. I guess you can call me a relationship , I'm not popular enough for boys thirsting after me and when I do get into a relationship its very hesitant. But Jongin's different, so I can't be too butthurt about the fact that he forgot my birthday. It happens. I start to feel guilty for ignoring his texts but also kind of disappointed that he stopped trying after a day.

"Okay we're here." Without waiting for a reply she jumps out and runs into the forest, leaving me confused in the car.

I make my way out and I notice another car outside the forest. It seems like unfortunately someone else found our forest.

"Y/N!" Sujaany calls impatiently and with a sigh I move towards her voice.

"Y/N."

I look forward, away from the car, and gasp to see the one and only Jongin sitting on a carpet with a laptop and a birthday cake.

"Jongin?" I see Sujaany give me a thumbs up as she walks away, leaving us alone.

"I've been a ty boyfriend, I can't even believe that I forgot your birthday. I can't believe I forgot our plans. I can't believe that I went to another girl's birthday party. And most of all I can't believe I made you sad." He makes his way closer to me and looks into my eyes only the way Jongin does and I start to smile.

"So let's pretend that never happened. Would you like to watch a movie with me, birthday girl?" He shoves the cake near my mouth, signaling to blow the candles out.

"Pabo a simple sorry would have been enough. You're wasting time and money." I laugh but blow out the candles anyways.

"It's not a waste if its for you." He winks, as he pulls me down on the picnic table where the laptop is.

"I wasn't pisses before but if you continue to be cheesy, I will break up with you." I threaten but pull myself closer to his body.

"I won't let you." He chuckles, and with that we start my postponed movie birthday party.

 

Author's Note: Hiii lovelies, it's been a while but I'm back with a Jongin one shot!! I'm still taking requests, although school's started so feel free to send requests in. Feedback and advice are also welcome, tell me what I should fix/add.

Oh by the way, do you guys prefer long imagines or short ones?? I'll post a short one in a few days and you guys can decide :)

I hope y'all enjoy reading my stories!!