Chen - Remember Me?

Exo One Shots & Imagines (Requests Open)

Author's Note: In this chapter there are some swear words ((like the f word)) but it only comes up like once or twice. I don't know if any of you are uncomfortable with that language so I just decided to warn you guys beforehand. Anyways, enjoyyy :)

 

"Hi, my name is Chen and I'll be your waiter for today. What would you like to order?"


"Hi Chen." You smile at him. He looks about your age and seems a somewhat familiar. You brush it off, deciding that he must go to your school.


"Uh we'd like some food Sherlock." Your boyfriend John, asks rudely.


"John!" You gasp. He's been rude lately. No wait, scratch that. He BECAME rude. Your sweet, caring best friend named John asked you out last year. Now that sweet John's been replaced with someone rude and with horrendous personality.


"Well, John. I'd give you some but you forgot to order the food." Chen says with a raised eyebrow. Chen’s polite smile turns into a knowing smirk, confusing you. John rolls his eyes which doesn't go unnoticed by this familiar waiter.


"Okay, I’ll teach you, try to keep up with me. This is a menu. Menus tell you what kind of food there are at a restaurant. There's no such thing as mind reading." He says in a slow voice, as if John wouldn't understand English. You can’t help but let out a giggle, it's been so long since someone other than yourself talked back to John like that. Chen turns around and winks at you when you giggle, causing you to blush.
"How about you Y/N? Since it seems like John over here doesn't know how to order food, why don't you order for the both of you."
"I-" you clamp your mouth shut when you realize Chen knew your name without asking you. Then it hits you, it's Chen, or as you liked to call him Jongdae. Your next door neighbour of 10 years. He had moved away 2 summers ago, so he must be back in town.
"JONGDAE!" You jump up from your seat engulfing him in a hug. You squeeze him tightly, resulting in some half-hearted protests from Chen. "When did you come back?" You question as you pull apart.


"Took you long enough pabo." He mutters, teasing you.


"Chen...? Is it really-Whatever just get me food, I'm starving." John says quickly. You roll your eyes at his behaviour and order yours as well as John's favourite. Chen nods before telling you he'd come back with your meal. When you turn to look back at John, he's still staring in the direction Chen left.


"John, what the was that? The last time I checked you and Chen were best friends. You were the one who nicknamed him in first grade Chen when people laughed at his name ‘Jongdae’. He leaves for 2 summers and you’re already showing him your attitude?" You ask harshly. You don’t hold back on your glare. Everyone has a boiling point, and this happened to be yours. You handled his attitude for a year but now you’ve come to the realization that this isn’t just a phase. He’s really become a jerk.


"Y/N, he left. He left me. We were never popular. I had a few friends but he was my only BEST friend. He left me alone. If it weren't for you I would've been a loner. How could he leave me by myself and expect to come back and be friends with me when I'm finally popular and liked by everyone?"


"He had no choice. He begged and fought with his mom to stay, remember?” You pinch the bridge of your nose in frustration before continuing, “Well, Mr.Popular, it seems like your ego got surprisingly big. It doesn't matter if you’re popular now, he was your first best friend. You can't ignore him. Especially now that it seems like he's back. Stop being a and grow up." John looks a little taken back but you decide to keep going. "And you only became popular last year, Romeo was liked by everyone since third grade and he has never acted like an . You changed a lot John, I just want the old John back." You finish sighing.
"Too bad, this is the new me, take it or leave it." Before you can answer he adds something else, "You know what, don't. I liked you when you were less of a . I don't need you anymore. Have fun pigging out with Chen, I'm leaving. Oh and I don’t want to see you anymore."


You ought to feel sad but you don't. In fact, a piece of you is kind of relieved. You realize your feelings for him stopped when he changed but you didn't know how to break up with him. You look down at your phone. Funny, you thought this date would last longer than 20 minutes.  You sense someone sit in front of you and you look up to see the one and only Chen.


"I heard all of that." He says quietly. "I'm sorry you were stuck with that jerk for a whole year." He leans in closer, motioning you to do that as well. "Here's a secret, I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend but I ended up moving away. But now that I'm back..." He trails off smirking. You don't say anything but you giggle and kiss him softly on the lips. He leans in more urgently now, the kiss transforming into a heated makeout session.


 "Now that you’re back, I will finally become your girlfriend." You say in a tiny voice, catching your breath.


"Good. Now let's eat, my shift ended 5 minutes ago and I'm starving." He says chuckling.

The rest of the night goes by extremely well, and it wasn’t an exaggeration to say it was your best date in a long time. To make the situation better, before Chen dropped you off he gave you a promise. It was the most sincere one he has ever given you and you believed him right away.

“I’m sorry I left, but I promise that I will always be here for you. No matter what happens to our future or relationship. Whether we’ll be in this relationship forever or if we go back to being just friends.  I hope you know that I won’t leave you.”

 

Author's Note: Hiii guys, it's me again!! So, so far I've had feedback from one person so I decided to keep going with these. I know they're not great or anything but I enjoy writing and I have nothing to do this summer so I've decided to do it heheh. I haven't had any requests yet, which . I guess I'll just keep going with my random oneshots until someone decides to give me a request. Reminder that I'm willing to do oneshots/imagines for ot12, so your welcome to request Kris, Luhan or Tao as well.

Anyways, I hope my oneshots don't too much and you'll actually enjoy reading them. Also send in any requests since I don't have a life and I can write it up soon. As usual, feedback/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you, ilysm :)