Chapter 7

Perfect Match

"Hyukkie~" Hyukjae turned around faster than the speed of light right as he heard the squeal and caught the brunet jumping into his arms right on time. 

Almost.

"Oww, Hyukkie, why'd you drop me?" Donghae was now sitting on the ground with his arms crossed as he pouted and fake tears filled his eyes. Hyukjae just clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes at the full grown baby now patting near his bum saying it hurt.

"Get up Hae. We have to get to class."

"But Hyukkie, I'm hurt. You have to kiss me better!"

"Oh my god, you big baby. Come here." Hyukjae pulled Donghae up by his arm and basically dragged him to his first class. They didn't have first period together that day, so Donghae was pouting again.

Full force.

"Hae, don't do that."

Donghae just looked into his eyes with the sad, puppy dog eyes.

"Donghae."

His stare was strong, and Hyukjae could feel his resolve crumbling around him.

"Donghae, no. You're going to go to class and then we'll see each other next period again for math." Hyukjae looked at his phone and saw that he had two minutes left to get to class. Gathering up all his courage, he gave Donghae a quick peck (yes, on the lips) and ran off to his class, hiding his crimson cheeks.

"See ya later, Hae! Don't miss me too much!"

As soon as his boyfriend disappeared, Donghae didn't faint, no, he didn't blush red in the face and then hurry to his seat, he didn't get a nosebleed, no, he just screamed.

Really loudly.

Everyone heard him, really, you would've had to have been deaf not to, and so immediately Hyukjae ran back to Donghae with his face in a panic as he tried to calm down his on-the-verge-of-tears boyfriend.

"What happened? Hae I left for like two sec- what? What's happeni- wha- why are you cryin- what? Does anybody know what happened? I- Dongh- I- What? Please stop cryi- no not harde- no Hae-" Hyukjae couldn't get a full sentence out because as soon as Donghae had seen him he had started crying. No, that's not the right word, sobbing is more like it. Waterfalls were pouring from his eyes and down his face as they fell into huge rivers that pooled by their feet.

Donghae opened his mouth in what seemed to be an attempt at explaining himself, but all that came out were short, raspy whisper words.

"Y-you, you k-kiss- y-you me, I- we no t-that's n-not how- I- Hyuk- I" That's as far as he got before the tears consumed him again and Hyukjae had to pull him out of the room before more people stared and wondered what the hell they were up to. He dragged Donghae for the second time that day into the bathroom on the third floor just to make sure that no one would be there and sat Donghae on the sink.

"Donghae, take a deep breath and tell me what happened. Take your time seeing as we're already late for first period anyways." So Donghae cried for a bit more, sniffled some, wiped his nose on Hyukjae's clothes (which the older really did not enjoy no matter how much you say he did) and finally took some deep breaths and calmed himself. He rested his head on Hyukjae's shoulder as he explained his worries to his brand new boyfriend.

"This m-morning I was really only j-joking about the k-kiss thing because we've only been t-together for like a day or something so I was kind of relieved when you didn't kiss me but then b-before you left to go to class you gave me a really quick- and I mean really quick- peck and I got really upset because that's not how it's supposed to happen because our first kiss is supposed to be filled with so much feeling and emotion and maybe you would take me by surprise or we would both be looking into each other's eyes and see something beautiful and slowly inch together or maybe after a date and you're bringing me home you dive in for the kill and then when we pull away I'm supposed to be blown away by it and you're supposed to pull away from it amazed but that's not what happened and neither of us reacted the way I wanted us to and it just made me really emotional and sad because I've always wanted my first kiss with someone I really like to be perfect and magical and have all the wonderful sparks an- mmmph!"

Yeah, you know what happened.

Hyukjae pulled away from the rather sudden kiss and stared at Donghae who stared right back at him with wide eyes. The younger slowly brought his hand towards his lips and gently touched them before he pulled his fingers away and peered at them and then back to Hyukjae who had a slight smile on his face. The older male kept the smile on his face as he brushed away some hair that was partially covering Donghae's left eye and then took the upheld hand into his own.

"How was that for a proper kiss?" Hyukjae asked gently as he squeezed Donghae's hand lightly, and then he gave a light breathy laugh as Donghae's eyes turned into crescents with happiness while they simultaneously filled with tears. He nodded at a nonexistent question, cried at nothing, and just hugged Hyukjae. They just stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's company and forgetting about anything else in the world. All that mattered to them at the moment was the one person that was in front of them.

"Hey Donghae?"

"Yes Hyukkie?" Came the very muffled reply. (Donghae had stuffed his face into Hyukjae's shoulder.)

"I just want you to know, that no matter what happened, what is happening, and what will happen, that no one in the world matters to me more than you do, because you are the most important person in the world, and never forget that. You are my everything, and there is no way I could go on without you. It took me such a long time for me to tell you this, and I sincerely regret that, but I hope that we can make the most of whatever time we have together. I-I know that we've only been together officially for literally one day, but, Donghae I- Donghae, I love you, and I have for such a long time, much longer than before you started dating Siwon, before we met at the aquarium, even before you first saw me at the dance studio. I think it all really started with the strawberry milk, and though I was just three years old, I knew. You were the one."

Hyukjae paused for a moment and let out a breath. He squeezed Donghae's frame for a quick second before relaxing and just holding the boy in his embrace.

"I love you."


Donghae and Hyukjae soon returned to class after that. Well, actually, they had already missed first period, so they decided to just lounge around in the hallways for the few minutes before second period began. They idly strolled down the corridors swinging their joined hands in between themselves as Hyukjae hummed the tune to a song that Donghae was sure he knew, just couldn't place the name. Then Hyukjae started singing.

Hamkke geotgo sipeoyo
Geudaewa soneul japgo
Bukkeureowo marayo
Oh nan geudaeppunin georyo

Donghae just giggled cutely before Hyukjae quickly joined him and pulled him into another hug, which the younger fake resisted for a few seconds and then let Hyukjae's strong arms wrap around him. The bell signalling the end of first period and the start of second period rang and startled both of them, resulting in them landing almost the opposite ends of the hall. Seeing as though the bell essentially meant nothing, however, they just laughed at their stupidity and walked into the class together, but not together.

And so, after having a few classes together, but most not, the day ended, and Donghae said goodbye to Kyuhyun and Sungmin while Hyukjae bid farewell to Heechul, Yesung and Ryeowook, and they all walked their separate ways. After a few minutes, Donghae and Hyukjae turned around and started walking towards the bus stop that led to Donghae's house. The silence between them was more comfortable than anything, and the smell of autumn on its way was refreshing.

"Hey Hyukkie?"

"Yeah Hae?"

"..."

"..."

"I love you too."

Hyukjae just smiled a tight lipped, closed mouth smile as he glanced over to the shorter brunet. The younger male was clearly trying to play it off, but as he was looking into the distance, Hyukjae could see the tips of his ears were just a tad bit redder than they typically were.

"I know Hae."

Neither of them said anything after that, and Hyukjae stopped short just a few steps from the bus stop. Donghae was already there, and as he turned around to see why his boyfriend had ceased movement, he saw. He looked at Hyukjae, and actually saw.

There were tears in his eyes, and he was biting the inside of his cheek. His hands were tucked into his pockets, and he was rocking back and forth on the soles of his feet. He took one small step backwards, two, three. Then he opened his mouth to speak.

"Thank you."

He gave a final small smile to Donghae, turned around, and walked away.