Chapter 12

Perfect Match

A/n: so its been more than a month about two months since i updated this... sorry... but i did post an eunhae oneshot called it's complicated and based on the description of my mental breakdown, you can see why i havent updated... yeah... sorry. 


It had been about a month since the dance team was re-established, and their first competition was tomorrow. Everyone was very nervous and worried about it, but they were ready to go out and give it their all.

When they arrived at the venue, it was decorated very festively with paper snowflakes scattered along the rooms and a Christmas tree right in the middle of the lobby. They saw some of the other dance teams getting ready, and they had to admit that they were all very good.

Good enough that Hyukjae's team didn't even place in the top 5.

Obviously, everybody was very disappointed about this and wanted to train more, but Hyukjae's family had decided that they were heading to England for winter break, leaving the group, Donghae, and Korea.

Hyukjae had landed in London and immediately contacted Donghae by calling him. That was how they spent the winter break; calling and texting whenever they could and occasionally video chatting when the blond wasn't busy. He told Donghae about what he had done that day, what sort of things he saw, and anything he thought would have been of interest to the younger. Of course, though, he didn't just go on and on until Donghae's ear fell off, no, he let the other speak as well.

Hyukjae had appointed the brunet as the temporary leader of the dance team since he had picked up all the routines very quickly. He wanted to know how Donghae was doing and who to scold when he got back. 

The conversations they had were full of happiness and excitement, and always ended with a cute exchange of 'I love you's'.

The day before Hyukjae was due to head back to Korea, he had tried to call Donghae, but to no avail. He concluded it to the fact that there were time differences between the two countries. As that is, he boarded the plane and waited to arrive back in his home country.


Hey Hae, I'm back! Do you wanna come over? I'm free right now.

He waited anxiously for a response, but he didn't get a message nor phone call back.

Hyukjae had landed in Korea about 3 hours ago and he had called Donghae as soon as he got back to his house, but unfortunately, Donghae yet again did not pick up. Now he was worried. 

He had texted Donghae a few times, wondering if he was alright and just checking up on him, but he never received a response. This was unlike his boyfriend, and it made him very concerned. However, tomorrow was Monday so he had to get ready to go to sleep so that he could actually wake up the next morning. He was hoping that he'd see Donghae there.

He picked his phone back up just for a second and typed a quick message before placing it back down.

Good night Hae~ Hope you're alright :)


When Hyukjae got to school, he did not see Donghae anywhere. He didn't have first period with him either that day, so he wasn't sure if the shorter had even come into class or not. 

Hyukjae very distractedly got through his first few periods before it was lunch time, and when he got to the cafeteria, Donghae was nowhere in sight. He went down to the lobby to see if the brunet was perhaps waiting for him at his booth, but all that was there was a few scarcely dressed girls. He ran away and tried looking in the gym, and though Donghae wasn't there, he did find Sungmin and Kyuhyun, and for that he was thankful.

"Sungmin! Kyuhyun! Wait!" 

The two mentioned turned around simultaneously to see a struggling blond running towards them. When he reached them, he was out of breath and so Sungmin quickly put out his two arms to steady him.

"D-do you guys know where Donghae is?" Sungmin and Kyuhyun looked to each other and communicated with their eyes, but even though they weren't speaking, Hyukjae understood. The confused look on their faces was blatant enough.

"So you don't know then... !" Hyukjae ripped himself from Sungmin's grip and turned around to leave the gym. The strawberry blond looked on at him with sympathetic and sad eyes when something popped into the youngest's mind.

"Hyukjae! Wait! I remember! I think his mom told me something about being admitted into the hospital!"

Hyukjae ran.


Right now, Hyukjae couldn't have cared less about the classes that he was missing that afternoon. All that was occupying his mind was that Donghae was in the hospital, and he had no idea when, how, or why. He drove down to Donghae's house, and when the door opened, he was greeted by a weary Mrs. Lee who quickly ushered him into the house.

"H-hi, umm, D-Donghae?" It was such a lame attempt at trying to figure out where her son was, but she understood. 

"Oh, did you hear from Kyuhyun? Oh, you must have been so worried. Yes, Donghae has been admitted into the hospital. You see, these past two weeks he's been pushing himself to practice his dancing, and recently he started refusing to eat because he thought he hadn't practiced enough, that he wasn't good enough yet. Because of that, he, well, he collapsed."

Hyukjae took in a sharp breath. He slowly let it out.

"The doctors said it was exhaustion and all he needed was a stress free environment and a few day's rest, so he's in the hospital for the time being. He should be relatively alright, so you shouldn't worry too much, alright Hyukjae?"

Hyukjae nodded very stiffly before he thanked Donghae's mom and made his way back to his car. When he got in, he took a few deep breaths and calmed himself.

Donghae was fine.

He was fine.

He had overworked himself to the point of exhaustion, but otherwise there was nothing wrong with him.

That was a lot better than anything Hyukjae had expected.

At a much more leisurely pace this time, Hyukjae drove his car down towards the hospital that Donghae was staying at. He parked his car not too far but not too close from the building and went in. 

The smell of disinfectants and the bright white walls unnerved him, but he steadily asked the receptionist for the brunet's room number and made his way down the hall.

101... 102... 103... 104!

He knocked three times on the door with no response. He was about to knock again, when he heard a stressed cough before a slightly hoarse "come in".

The blond opened the door cautiously and peeked his head inside first, only to see Donghae lying on the hospital bed with an IV drip running straight to his hand. His eyes were closed as he was taking a moment's rest.

As such, Hyukjae slipped in as quietly as he could before he closed the door with an unsatisfying 'click'. That roused Donghae from his rest and he opened one tired eye.

"Mmm... Hyuk? Is that you?"

Donghae sleepily rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands before mumbling a bit and turning on his side, away from the older male.

"Hmm... no... Hyukkie doesn't know I'm here... He comes back soon though... I miss Hyukkie..."

Hyukjae smiled at his cute little scrunched up ball of adorableness laying on the bed and he walked closer to him. When he was right by the bed, he walked over to the side that Donghae was facing and grabbed a chair to sit right in front of him.

The brunet was conscious enough to hear someone plop down in front of him, but seeing two eyes staring right at you isn't an ideal way to wake up.

"Ahh!"

"Ahh!"

What proceeded was a series of loud, high pitched screams alternating between the two before a nurse finally came in, smacked Hyukjae upside the head and yelled at both of them to keep it down.

"Oww... Why'd she only hit me? We were both screaming... Right Hae?" Hyukjae made a sound of pain and rubbed the side of his head as he turned to look at Donghae. However, Donghae had pulled the covers all the way up to his face, and the only part of him that Hyukjae could see was his hair, his eyes and the tips of his fingers.

"Hae?"

Donghae shakily lowered the hospital blanket down to his lap as he leaned forwards cautiously, almost as if unsure if he was staring at someone from the figment of his imagination.

"Hello? Lee Donghae? Are you alright? How many fingers am I holding up?" Sure enough, Hyukjae held up three fingers, but Donghae's eyes just welled up with tears as his hands balled up into fists while clasping onto the blanket.

"Whoa, umm, Hae, Hae! Why are you crying? Does something hurt? Please tell me- umm, umm, oh no, what do I do- Hae?" One of Donghae's hands had reached out and lightly grasped onto Hyukjae's pinky finger, successfully stopping Hyukjae from roaming about in an attempt to fix whatever problem it was that Donghae currently had. Hyukjae thought that it was safe to say that he was completely and utterly confused as to why Donghae was acting like this and as to what the brunet actually wanted from him.

"H-Hyukjae? Is that really you, or am I just hallucinating? The doctors said that could happen..." Donghae whispered the last bit, but it was still loud enough to make Hyukjae's eyes widen to the size of saucers and scramble towards the brunet while reassurances spurted from his mouth like wildfire.

"No, no, no, it's me, I'm real, Hae you don't have to worry... Okay?"

Hyukjae sat on the bed delicately as he held eye contact witht the younger, who after staring into his eyes for a moment, melted and took the blond into a hug.

"I missed you~" It was quite difficult to understand him with his mouth being muffled by Hyukjae's shirt and all, but he still understood and it caused light chuckles to escape the elder's mouth.

He pecked Donghae's head very lightly before rubbing the younger's back.

"Missed you too, Hae."

They talked for a while, mostly about the blond's trip and never about how Donghae actually ended up in the hospital in the first place. For now, all that mattered was seeing each other again. After exhausting all possible conversations, they just looked at each other awhile. Then Hyukjae smiled.

"You know Hae, there's somebody I know. Now this somebody, they're really great at everything. They have good grades, they're popular, and everyone likes him. But there's one thing he doesn't have. See, this great kid really likes someone, but he can't tell him. That someone is so much better than him at everything else, except for dancing. Now that doesn't mean he at it, no, far from it. So after a few misunderstandings and both of them being idiots for a while, they started dating. Everything seemed great, and yeah, they had fights every once in a while, but really, who doesn't? But then the popular idiot went on a trip far away. Now his boyfriend, being the absolutely lovely doll that he is, didn't say anything about it and just made sure that he enjoyed his trip. What he didn't know, though, was that his amazing boyfriend was back home, doing whatever he could to try to be better at something that he was already amazing at. He did it to the point that he collapsed from exhaustion and slight malnutrition, yet didn't even decide to tell anyone because he didn't want anybody to worry. He thought that he could get over it without anyone knowing. But this boyfriend that went on a trip, he came back and couldn't reach his lovely other half. He was so scared, so worried, that he did anything to try to figure out where that kid went, so he tried. He asked his friends, went around school, eventually he even went to his mother. But after all that, when he found him, laying sleepily on a hospital bed, not altogether certain what was happening around him, all he wanted to tell him was how perfect he was. How perfect he is. He wanted to remind him that nothing would change how he thought of him, because he loved him, not his dancing ability. He loved him just the way he was. Now Donghae, don't you think that he loved the boy in the hospital very very much?"

Donghae nodded vigorously before he hugged the blond once more. Hyukjae put his arms loosely around the younger and sighed at the serenity of the moment. He mindlessly played with the locks of brown hair.

"I love you Donghae. Next time, no matter where I am or what I may be doing, just call me, okay? I'll make sure to pick up. And, just so you know, I think you're awesome at dancing. Better than Hyoyeon."

Donghae laughed at that and hugged Hyukjae tighter to him.

"I love you too Hyukjae."

Donghae needed to stay in the hospital for a little more since he wasn't all spry and chipper yet, so Hyukjae got Yunho to be in charge of the dance team for a while while he helped Donghae with his diet and making sure the brunet got enough rest.

Next year, they'd train even harder (except for Donghae, he'd train as hard as he'd need to) to beat the other teams and win the gold for their school. They deserved it for everything that they'd done and gone through.


a/n: do you still remember me

no? didnt expect you to

so yeah um didnt mean to post the chappie but i guess that happened i swear i didnt uncheck the box thx aff

blatant advertising go check out my oneshot it's complicated

its eunhae and i grieved a lot and i need help deciding if i want a sequel or not cause i know someone reallly did

cool umm bye

sorry again