~EXTRA~

Perfect Match

Hyukjae laid on his couch, not really doing anything. He had a puzzle orb in his hands, and he wasn't altogether too sure what it was or why he even had it in the first place. The spherical object was very colourful, lots of differently coloured spaces and equally coloured balls that corresponded to their own space and the little balls in it seemed to be able to move.

Curious, he poked at one of them, and it slid right into the next empty space. He sat up on the couch, absolutely amazed at the spectacle that was happening in front of his very eyes.

"WHOA, HOW DOES THIS THING WORK?" 

He kept playing around with it, now determined to solve the thing. He was so enraptured by it, he didn't notice how long it had been. He and Donghae were supposed to meet in ten minutes to go see a movie that the younger wanted to watch, but here he was, barely dressed and playing with a ball.

It wasn't the first time this had happened either. Two weeks ago, Hyukjae had asked the small brunet out to lunch at some fancy restaurant that he had somehow acquired the money to pay for. Obviously excited for some high-class food, Donghae agreed and wouldn't stop talking about it. The next day, when they were supposed to meet up, Hyukjae was a no-show, instead lying asleep on the subway, going around the track again and again.

Donghae was only slightly peeved. 

The week after that, Donghae had asked Hyukjae to come watch one of his soccer games in downtown. Being the loving, caring boyfriend that he is, Hyukjae agreed, swearing that he would make it up for their last missed date.

The game was halfway over, and there was no bleach blond hair in sight.

Hyukjae was at home playing new 'FIFA 16' game that he had bought just yesterday.

Donghae got pissed off when he stormed into the older's house that same night, sweat dripping off of his forehead. He busted open the door to the blond's room, ready to punch him. Unfortunately, the boy was sound asleep, controller on his chest and TV prompting him to reconnect it.

Sighing, Donghae just grabbed some clothes from his boyfriend's closet and stole his shower, quickly rinsing himself off before he wrapped both of them in the blankets, turning in for the night.

So, as Donghae waited outside of the movie theater, now four minutes until their appointed meeting time, he shook his head, not knowing why he had expected any different. The brunet started walking towards Hyukjae's house yet again, glad that it was at least decent weather.

Trying the door once he reached the small home, he was pleasantly surprised to find it unlocked. Donghae swiftly walked in, throwing his coat down and taking off his shoes. There, he saw his idiot of a boyfriend messing around with some coloured contraption.

"Hyukjae, what the hell are you doing?"

The mentioned man jumped up, throwing the ball across the room from pure astonishment. Staring wide-eyed at Donghae, his eyes then shot to the clock and then back to his boyfriend now smirking in the doorway.

Hyukjae scrambled up, tripping over his feet and running to the base of the staircase.

". We should go. We should, umm, I need to get my coat and find some shoes and maybe grab my socks too and oh my god we're not too late right oh where is my hat I need to cover up this mess goddamn-"

"Hyukjae? We can just not go see the movie, you know? Besides, with all that worrying, you're not wearing a shirt or proper pants, you do realize that, right?

Hyukjae looked down at his appearance and cursed again. Donghae was right. He always was. Instead of going and finding suitable clothes, the blond male just ran up to his boyfriend, dropping onto his knees while holding onto his hands like they were the only thing keeping him on this earth.

"Donghae, Donghae, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bail on you three times in a row, I swear! I've just been getting caught up with other things, you know? Like today, I had some really, really important work to do and so I didn't realize how quickly time slipped by-"

Since both of his hands were occupied, Donghae took his foot and pretty much kicked Hyukjae in the mouth, shutting him up rather successfully.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Hyukjae, don't lie to me. I very clearly saw you playing with some ball contraption thing. What was that? I want to know now."

Donghae wrenched his hands out of the blond man's very loose grip. His one hand was covering his mouth, the other still raised in midair where he was previously holding the younger's hand.

"D-Donghae?"

The brunet was scouring the room to try to find the colourful little thing that Hyukjae had been playing with earlier. He checked on the sofa, under the table, on the table, in Hyukjae's bloody mouth, inside the lamp, on top of the fridge in the kitchen. Nothing. Puffing his cheeks out, Donghae walked back over to where Hyukjae was still cradling his hurt jaw, murmuring to himself.

"You'll be okay, Hyukjae... This is nothing... It doesn't hurt, not at all."

The brunet shook his head as he kept looking for the little sphere. Finally, he saw it sitting on the ground, tangled up in a sweater that the blond man had thrown there maybe a month ago. He picked it up, surprised at just how light it was.

"Hyukjae, is this that thing you were playing with? What is it?"

The man looked up, eyes wide and mouth slightly open from surprise. He hadn't expected Donghae to call for him, but his sight darted to the colourful thing in the younger's hands and he shrugged his shoulders.

"You know, I honestly just found that lying around. I don't really know what it is, or what the point of it is. It's just a colourful ball."

"I can see that."

"Well, what the hell do you want from me? I don't know what it is! You can move the little balls inside around, so maybe you have to solve it or something? I don't know! It just looked cool but I have no idea what to do with it."

Donghae pursed his lips and delicately moved one of the coloured orbs to the open space. It made a satisfying click, and the brunet took a seat on the couch as he quickly pushed a few more things, solving the puzzle orb almost immediately.

"Huh. That was really easy, Hyuk. What took you so long?"

The blond man's jaw dropped to the ground. Donghae threw the ball towards him after scrambling it back up and he caught it with one hand, looking at it in awe.

"How did you do that?"

He tried to solve it, but it had been over twenty minutes now and he was still nowhere close. Biting his bottom lip, Donghae just took it from him, aligning the colours together again and patted Hyukjae on the head.

"Okay, so, puzzles aren't really your thing, are they, Hyukjae? How about you just stick to academics and dancing, okay? You'd be much better at that-"

The door slammed open, a very blond and very drunk Heechul being carried in by an embarrassed and red-faced Hangeng.

"BONJOUR, MON CHÉRI! YOUR BELOVED HEECHUL HAS ARRIVED TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY, ISN'T THAT RIGHT, HANNIE?"

"Heechul, I really think that they were in the middle of something-"

"THAT'S RIGHT! LEE HYUKJAE, LEE DONGHAE, I AM HERE TO MAKE YOUR DAY EVEN BET-"

Donghae threw a pillow right into Heechul's face, making the drunk diva start tearing up.

"H-Hannie... He hit me! My little Hae hit me! It hurts, Hannie! It really hurts! Can you kiss it better?"

Immediately after, Heechul started pursing his lips in the ugliest manner possible, Hangeng reluctantly leaning in and pecking them. He smiled awkwardly at his drunk but now not-in-pain-anymore boyfriend and bowed his head in apology to the two still rather shocked by their sudden entry.

"Umm, so, Heechul kind of got drunk and then demanded that I bring him here, otherwise he would do some... stuff... that I really don't wish to elaborate more on."

Donghae and Hyukjae shook their hands rapidly, widening their eyes.

"No, no, it's quite alright. We don't need you to say anything. In fact, we'd really rather you not."

Hangeng nodded, and then the three sat in silence, not really sure what to say. Heechul had somehow, within those very few minutes, passed out and was snoring in the large Chinese man's arms.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun walked in through the still open (was it broken?) door, stepping over one of Heechul's lost high heels.

"Whoa, what happened here? Are you guys getting wasted without us? That's rude, you know! I came here to give Donghae some cupcakes and this is what I see? Ridiculous!"

The brunet tilted his head, looking at Sungmin who was shaking his head back and forth.

"Min, two things: one, how did you know I was here, and two, where the are those cupcakes you were going to bring me? Because I sure as hell don't see them."

Kyuhyun hit his boyfriend's arm, clicking his tongue.

"See? I told you that wouldn't work. We should have just told them that we wanted to come get my puzzle orb back. We didn't have to make any excuses!"

Hyukjae and Donghae both looked down to the little ball that was in Donghae's hand. He lifted it up, making sure that everyone could see it.

"You mean this? Why is this is Hyukjae's house if it's yours, Kyu?"

No one said anything for a minute, but Kyuhyun started sweating bullets and swiped the little contraption from the brunet's hand.

"Okay, so maybe I came over once to do some stuff with Hyukjae, maybe I didn't. Doesn't really matter since Minnie and I will be leaving now. Okay, bye everyone-"

Hangeng grabbed onto the collars of both their shirts, pulling them back inside the now over-crowded house. 

"I'm not even going to ask why you were here. I'm just going to assume that my friends and my boyfriend are finally getting along and that you're not actually just coming up with a plan to murder me in my sleep and then run off to Canada to play Starcraft. I hope you guys have a wonderful day because I'm leaving now. This got really weird really quickly. Bye now."

As soon as Donghae took one step out the door, he slammed into a person and both of them fell to the floor.

"No! Ddangkoma! Breathe, Ddangkoma, breathe!"

The man was performing CPR on the small reptile, using two fingers a hand to push on the delicate underside of the turtle. Ryeowook sighed, frowning at Yesung.

"Oh my, Yeye, please, get up? I'm sure that Ddangkoma's fine, so can we go inside? The icing on the cupcakes is going to melt."

"Cupcakes?"

"Yes, cupcakes. I made cupcakes for everyone last night and I was going to call you all here, but it seems as though you're already all here anyway. That makes things much easier."

"Wait, since when did my house become the place for all of you guys to have parties-"

"Awesome! Wookie, your food is the best! Thank you for the cupcakes!"

"Guys, wait, no, please, I want my house back! Why are you all here ruining my life like this-"

"Hannie? What's happening?"

"Kyu, this is our chance! Grab a cupcake and let's go!"

"DDANGKOMA, YOU CAN MAKE IT!"

"No, please, wait a minute, I need to set the dish down before you can all have a cupcake- no- Sungmin- please- no- I- Kyuhyun why-"

Hyukjae stared at everyone in devastation, watching the third world war go down at the entryway to his house. He sighed, about to try and sympathize with Donghae when he saw the brunet, cupcake in mouth as he crawled out the door.

"What the hell..."


a/n: this is the puzzle orb. it's called 'orbo'. your goal is to get the correctly coloured balls to their original coloured spaces.

I just felt like adding a bit to this story. hope you guys enjoyed the little chapter~ i dunno why but i just felt like writing another part. see you guys later!