Chapter 11

Perfect Match

a/n: thank you to JungMaeRi for being the only person to actually guess how old i am! youre the best! the rest of you dont get to know =_=


"Yo Hyukjae! Pass the ball bro!" Hyukjae let go of Donghae's hand to look around for said ball. When he found it, he realized it was a football... Great...

The blond wearily picked it up and looked at it in his hands before he turned to see his boyfriend staring at him with a smirk on his face.

"Well Hyuk? Are you gonna throw it?" 

Hyukjae at football, let's just get that out there. Soccer, sure, basketball, not too bad, dance, hell yes, but football?

No.

He looked at the football again, then up to Donghae, back to the kids who were ruining his life by continually telling him to throw the ball, back to the football, and then at Donghae.

Then he had an idea.

While he looked at the still smirking Donghae, he started throwing the football from hand to hand while advancing slowly towards the brunet, a grin slowly growing on his face that quickly made Donghae drop his smirk.

He stopped about a meter away from the shorter, and by then his smile was full fledged.

"W-what do you want, H-Hyukjae?"

Hyukjae ticked his tongue in a disappointed manner.

"Oh no, Hae, don't call me that. What happened to calling me Hyukkie?" He paused and, if possible, Donghae could have sworn that his smile grew even larger.

"If you're so great at football, why don't you throw it to them?"

Donghae's face immediately paled. Yeah, Hyukjae may at football, but give one to Donghae and he'd find a way to immediately hurt himself. Allegedly accidentally too.

"I-Im g-good, Hyukkie, you j-just throw it t-to them. You have it a-anyways."

"Oh but Hae, what about your reputation as the school's heartthrob? Shouldn't you throw this football towards them so that everyone knows that Donghae oppa is perfect?"

"No, no, I really don't need to do that. Why don't you throw it so that Hyoyeon has more reasons to flirt with you?"

"Do you really want me to do that? Are you sure you could handle it? I thought you said you couldn't even look at her anymore?"


Minho just stared at the two bickering males across the field. He had asked them to throw the ball back over a while ago, but currently they looked like they were having a lover's spite. I mean, he guessed it was nice and all, but behind him he could hear that Youngwoon was getting really riled up, so he ran towards them.

As he got closer, he could hear bits and pieces of their conversation, and he had to admit, they certainly cared about each other.

"Yeah well you're an idiot!"

"Wow! That was amazing Donghae! You're the smartest person I've ever met!"

"Well you!"

"Right back at you!"

"No, Hyukkie! Don't say that to me! I'm sorry."

"Aww, Hae, it's okay. I love you."

"Me too, Hyukkie! Why did we fight?"

"..."

"Football?"

"I asked you to throw a football."

"Right."

"A goddamn football. Is that so difficult?"

"Jesus, I, yes, Hyukjae, it is! And you're one to be talking! Do you even know how to hold it?"

"Do you?"

"..."

"..."

"No."

"Oh my god. I need to go. At this rate I'll be the one moving to Alaska- oh hi Minho. What's up?"

Minho looked at both of them like they were crazy. Then he quickly looked down at Hyukjae's hands that were still wrapped around the ball, darted his eyes between the two, grabbed the ball and sprinted out of there.

Hyukjae and Donghae looked at each other, thoroughly confused, before they just shrugged it off and walked towards the school again.


When Minho got back to his friends, he looked like he was about to burst into tears. He was immediately surrounded by his friends who asked him what was wrong, but he just gave them the ball and sat down in the middle of the field.

His friends all looked around before Taemin cautiously walked over to him. When Minho saw him, he just pulled him down and told him everything that happened. After a while, Taemin walked back over to everyone and explained it quite efficiently.

"Basically he heard Donghae and Hyukjae arguing and it scarred him or something. I don't know. He told me to stay away from them when they were together, but I don't get why it was so bad..."

The group collectively shrugged and they just left Minho in his dazed position as they played around him.


"So I take it that neither of us are trying out for the football team then?"

"You got that right Hyukkie! The only sports teams I'll do are dance and swimming."

"I'll do dance and soccer then. Swimming and soccer are at the same time, right? So after practice, let's meet up and walk home together, yeah? Or you could crash at my place awhile."

Donghae blushed at the prospect of staying over at Hyukjae's house. Yes, yes, he is 16 years old and he's blushing at the thought of potentially being jumped in his sleep. Whatever.

Hyukjae hadn't noticed anything, but got curious when Donghae didn't answer his question, so he looked up to see the shorter male all shades of pink and red.

"Seriously?"

The ever-still blushing male snapped his head around and tried to look as offended as could while trying to contain his smile.

"W-what?"

"Are you blushing at the thought of just staying over at my house? What about if we share a bed huh? Did you know that I don't like to sleep with a shirt on?"

"Okay, and?"

Hyukjae looked around to make sure that there was no one around them, before he smirked at his boyfriend and looked right into his eyes as he tantalizingly lifted up his shirt and exposed his beautiful six pack.

At first, Donghae had no idea what Hyukjae was doing, but then his gaze dropped down a bit and he turned brighter red than humanly possible.

He then thought about what Hyukjae had said earlier, and he couldn't look anymore. He covered his eyes as he squealed very loudly to himself, and then Hyukjae had laughed and hugged him very tightly, which honestly did not help at all because all he could think of now was those abs.

Hyukjae let go and looked at his phone before he realized that the first dance practice of the year was happening soon. He was one of the best dancers, and he had joined last year, so he knew most of the dances unless they came up with any new ones. Donghae was still blushing insanely, though, but they had to get going or else Hyukjae could kiss the chance of being new dance team captain goodbye.

He dragged Donghae towards the gym (they sure do a lot of dragging, don't they?) and when they got there, he saw that there were only a few students there.

He left Donghae near the door to cool down, though most of the red had dissipated, as he walked over to the CD player. He popped it open, and to his satisfaction, the proper CD was put in.

He grabbed Donghae and they changed quickly, and when they got out, a lot more students had arrived. 

The captain wasn't here. According to another student, he had transfered earlier this year, so Hyukjae took over the role. He sent Donghae towards the crowd of people and then got ready to teach some dancing.

He clapped twice very loudly, and to his surprise, everyone quieted down and looked towards him.

"Alright, first thing's first. If you're just here to watch some hot guys do some hip s, please leave."

He heard some groans and the sound of the door opening and closing.

"Secondly, yes, I am biual! I prefer males! However, I will not jump you because my lovely boyfriend does happen to be here. If you are still uncomfortable with this, please leave."

He saw one person stand up from out the corner of his eye, and he was about to be very disappointed, when he saw it was Donghae pretending to walk towards the door.

"Hae, sit back down. I'm not done yet."

This cause almost the entire team to turn to look at Donghae who just nervously smiled and waved.

"Uhh, hi. I'm Donghae, Hyukjae's boyfriend. Nice to meet you all."

Some people greeted him, others waved, some just ignored him.

"Yes, yes, they know, Hae. Now sit down." Fortunately, nobody else seemed to make any movements to show their leaving, so Hyukjae continued.

"Anyways, now back to the actual dance stuff. I want you guys to split yourselves into two groups. Group 1 will be the people who know what they're doing. They've been here one or two years and they get the gist. Group 2 will be the rookies who need to get their game going. They can sit along the wall. Group 1 come meet me."

Donghae looked around and saw everyone quickly organize themselves. He got very flustered, and so when everyone else had found their spots and Donghae was the only one left, he ran to the only place he could think of.

"Hyukkieeee-"

"Group 2!"

"-eeee okayyyyy!"


 Donghae watched as Hyukjae talked to the team very intensely but obviously happily. After a few minutes, they scrambled into three lines with Hyukjae at the very front. He looked into the mirror at one of the new kids and nodded to him. The kid pressed play and immediately music came on. The team danced amazingly to it, and they were all in sync, however Donghae was mesmerized by Hyukjae.

They practiced a few more dances before Hyukjae called for a break, and you could see the sweat dripping down everyone's foreheads, but they were smiling. He looked to Hyukjae, and to his surprise, no more shirt.

Some time between when he looked away from Hyukjae (which wasn't often) to looking back, the blond's shirt had disappeared. All he saw was the six pack.

Oh how he loved the six pack Hyukjae.

After break Hyukjae called group 2 over and let group 1 watch from the sides. He called a few of the better dancers that he knew weren't tired yet back over to help out, and then he showed the group how to do the dances.

"So that's all the dances! If you need help, call either me, Yunho, Taemin, Jongin, Yixing or Hyoyeon and we'll help you."

Immediately, a certain brunet's hand shot up and Hyukjae sighed and jogged over.

"Do you need help, Donghae?"

"Well yes but what was that about Hyoyeon?"

"I knew you were gonna say something about that. Look, she may act that way, but she actually does know what she's doing. She's a great dancer, and she's been on the team awhile, so I figured why not? Now, do you actually need help, or did you just call me over to talk because I know you can memorize this dance in like two minutes."

Donghae just giggled and gave his boyfriend a cute smile.

"You know me too well Hyukkie. Anyways, I just wanted to know if we were hanging out today too." 

Hyukjae mused over it as he looked over the new dancers. They were doing pretty well.

"Yeah sure, we can hang out at my house, and if you want you can sleep over. I have some clothes that could fit you."

Yes, yes, he's blushing again, I know.

Hyukjae quickly, very quickly, glanced back to Donghae and then the dancers, when he whipped around to face the younger.

"Really? Right now? Yes, Lee Donghae, I am half ! Congratulations! And yes, I am your boyfriend! Therefore, this belongs to you, okay? Get over it!"

Hyukjae did not realize how loud that was until the whole gym went completely silent and he heard one very dragged out wolf whistle.

 It was his turn to blush now.

"Oh shut up and keep dancing. I can still kick you guys out of the team okay?"

Everyone quickly continued to dance as Hyukjae gave Donghae a kiss and walked away to help another memeber on the team.


A/N: ahh thats it

Im lowkey obssessed with hyuks abs dont judge also american football because canada