Chapter 4

Perfect Match

Donghae was seriously getting pissed off.

It'd been about two weeks since the whole 'you're my perfect match' business with Hyukjae, and the latter still hadn't asked him out yet! Like, what was he doing wrong? Should he approach it a different way?

The fact that Siwon was being super extra clingy didn't help either. Whenever Donghae tried to talk to the blond, Siwon would suddenly appear and give him a back hug or kiss him and them drag him away.

Couldn't his boyfriend back off for like two seconds so that he could sort some things out with his crush?

So inconsiderate.


Hyukjae didn't know what to do. Yeah, okay, maybe he was crushing on Donghae, maybe it had something to do with that thing that happened in middle school, maybe nobody else knows or remembers about it, maybe Donghae's horse for a boyfriend scares him a little, maybe Heechul's kinda being a douche because he found out about the crush, maybe-

Maybe Hyukjae has no idea where he was going with that.

Everything about Donghae is just confusing him. It's like the brunet is trying to talk to him for some reason, or maybe it's just his imagination. Sometimes he feels like Donghae's trying to seduce him, but why. And then he gets random glares from Siwon. There's never a specific moment, but he can just feel the piercing gaze on the back of his head like two burning coals and its so goddamn uncomfortable.

Like one time, Hyukjae finally decided to eat lunch in the cafeteria instead of sitting at his booth, in the lobby, at the front of the school.

By himself.

When suddenly, Donghae just pops on over and sits right beside him while spewing out about 80 words a minute, and Heechul is just staring at him like he's crazy.

(He probably is.)

Then, do you know what Donghae suggests?

---

"Hey Hyukjae! We should play the shoulder game!"

"The shoulder game?"

"Yeah, the shoulder game! It's really simple, but first I have to count how many shoulders we have."

"How man- Donghae there's only fou-"

"One..." Donghae placed his left hand on his right shoulder, furthest from Hyukjae.

"Wow Donghae. Wow."

"Shut up. Two..." Next, his left shoulder.

"I can really hear the gears turning in your head. You're working real hard."

"Three..." Hyukjae's right shoulder, the one closest to the brunet.

"Oh the struggle."

"And four!" Then Donghae firmly clasped his hand on Hyukjae's left shoulder and kept it there.

And it was still there.

He didn't move it.

"Uhh, Donghae, good job counting our shoulders, but weren't we gonna play the shoulder game or wha-"

"This is the shoulder game."

"...Oh."

---

And then Heechul had to run out of the cafeteria because he couldn't stop laughing. Like gee thanks man, you're being such a great help right now.

But that didn't seem to faze Donghae. No. Of course it didn't. Donghae just turned his head and decided to talk to Jongwoon, because, you know, it's not like they'd never had a conversation before.

Of course they had.

It was just non-existent. Because it never happened. Donghae just wasn't friends with any of Hyukjae's friends. Even in middle school, when it was break, the two were split into two different friend circles.

But Donghae's arm was still for some reason wrapped around Hyukjae's shoulders.

And then Hyukjae feels it.

The hot, burning sensation on the back of his head. Then, when he turned his head, there it was.

Choi Siwon was practically staring daggers at him. If looks could kill, the blond would be dead ten times over now.

So Hyukjae did the only thing that could come to mind at the moment.

He threw Donghae's arm off of him and followed Heechul all the way down to the bathroom. Then, he proceeded to lock himself in one of the stalls and tried to convince himself that Siwon wasn't going to kill him any time soon.

He hoped.

He really wasn't ready to die. Especially not in high school. And he just found out that his perfect match was in a relationship which brings us back to the original point,

Hyukjae doesn't know anymore.

He just wants to go home and sleep.


After that awkward (apparently only for Hyukjae) lunch, Siwon decided to go confront Donghae. It was getting to be too much for him to be able to handle.

He saw Donghae leaving the cafeteria and he pulled him to the side and into the closest empty classroom.

"Donghae... Are you doing this on purpose?"

Donghae just furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head at Siwon. "Doing what on purpose? You're the one who dragged me into here. I need to go find Hyukkie to make sure that he's okay. He looked about to throw up in there."

And so Siwon just groaned in frustration and pulled at his hair.

"That's exactly what I'm talking about! Who's the one you're in a relationship with? Me or Hyukjae? Because right now it really seems like the answer's Hyukjae."

Donghae scoffed in annoyance and crossed his arms over his chest.

"What if I want to be in a relationship with Hyukjae, huh? You've been really super extra clingy these past few days, and I should know, but everything you're doing for this relationship, it's not that I'm saying it's not enough, it's just not for me. I don't like the same things as you, and we're really only still together for the sake of popularity."

"Is that how you feel? I thought that we were working out amazingly. I thought that everything was okay but then Hyukjae came into the picture- I- Donghae I'm sorry but I don't think I can change anything about myself just to please you. I'll admit, I did think this was going to last. I thought we had a stable thing going on, but I, wow. I was really wrong, wasn't I?"

Then Siwon just chuckled bitterly to himself before looking up into Donghae's eyes, giving him an encouraging smile and ruffling his hair.

"Thanks for being there while it lasted. I hope we can still be friends."

And then Siwon walked out of the room, leaving a slightly confused Donghae who wondered if that was really the right thing to do.


Hell yeah it was the right thing to do.

News of Siwon and Donghae's break up spread like wildfire throughout the entire school, and pretty soon, both were getting endless amounts of chocolates, flowers and confessions, unfortunately none of which bore any results.

Hyukjae knew the news too, but that didn't mean he was doing anything about it.

Nope.

Not anytime soon.

(Okay, maybe he's asking Donghae out later today but he's just really nervous so don't judge him if he stutters okay? Okay.)

God he was a mess.


A/N: yay! update! finally! 

yeah sorry about that. not very good at these things. but on the bright side, no more sihae! yay!!!

but literally i am hyukjae. i just wanna go home and sleep. even if i am at home and i just woke up.

For those of you who do know what homestuck is, the shoulder game was a little animated scene with John and Dave. Keke it was cute...