Chapter 9

Perfect Match

Today had been an excruciating day for both Hyukjae and Donghae. It was one of those rare days where they had one class together in the mornings and then lunch before they had to go through a few more hours without each other to reach the end of the day, and by second period, Donghae was ready to murder someone.

A few desks away from him, completely obliviously to the teacher, a small group of girls were giggling about something, and it was driving him absolutely insane. There would be muffled whispers and then some muffled laughter before one of them would shush the others, and then the entire process would start over again. At one point, one of the girls pulled out her phone to show the others a picture and then they went wild.

Or as wild as you could get while trying to not get caught by the teacher.

Donghae wanted to rip their fake little mouths right off of their faces. Then he'd see what they had to say after that.

But he couldn't, or else he'd get in a lot of trouble. That was honestly the least of his problems right now though. God, he was going to go crazy from these girls.


Okay the 'excruciating' bit was kinda a lie on Hyukjae's part. His day was going pretty alright, just having Donghae with him would have made it a million times better. 

So far, he had made it through his classes pretty uninterrupted. No one seemed to have much interest or need to talk to him that day, so after he and Donghae had to part ways, he made it to his class quietly and calmly, took a seat, and carried on. He took careful notes, listened to the teacher, and when he was done with that and the lesson was dragging, he played Tetris on his phone.

Pretty good in his opinion. The only interruption was when the boy next to him asked to borrow his eraser, and he gladly handed it over.

He was in a good mood today, so when the bell rang to signify lunch, he sent a quick message to Donghae, packed his things up slowly and tranquilly and made his way towards the neglected booth in the lobby.

Pretty much as soon as he had sat down, Donghae came barreling down the hall and almost took Hyukjae down with him from the force he crashed into him at. Thankfully, this time Hyukjae was prepared and he steadied the two of them before they went tumbling down like Jack and Jill.

"Hyukkie~" Donghae whined. "There were these girls in my class and they were so annoying. They just kept going on and on about something, and it wasn't loud enough for me to hear what they were talking about, but it was definitely loud enough for me to hear them whispering and mumbling. They were probably talking about something stupid like their nails or their 'perfect boyfies', because one of them pulled out her super bedazzled phone and showed the rest of them a picture, then they started whisper screaming and fangirling and it was driving me nuts, but the teacher didn't notice what was happening at allll, so I didn't want to be the one to say anything because my teacher seems to hates me and then he would just yell at me for disrupting the class and ah!"

Donghae ended his frustrated rant with a very high pitched screech and Hyukjae grimaced for the duration of it before he pulled Donghae behind the booth and sat him in one of the two chairs.

With one hand rubbing the back of his now face-in-hands boyfriend, Hyukjae tried to console him. "You know Hae, if it really bothered you, you could've just texted me and we could've just talked about random things to make you forget about those really annoying girls, who I'm sure would probably be really nice if you actually gave them a chance. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong, but next time just talk to me, okay? I would never let you have to go through that by yourself, and I would probably share your pain because that has happened to me a numerous amount of times."

Hyukjae then smiled at the now happy brunet before he heard a call from down the hall.

"Hyukjae oppa~"

Hyukjae sighed and put on a tired smile.

"That must be Hyoyeon." He whispered to Donghae.

"Who's Hyoyeon?"

"She's just someone who's been coming by the past few days before I took a break to talk to me and try to figure out who her perfect match is, but I can't really seem to find one for her. I'm pretty sure she's in your class."

Donghae thought he could recall a Hyoyeon, but he couldn't remember what she looked like...

"Oppa!" A slightly short girl came down the hall with two more right in tow. Donghae didn't know what their names were (he did manage to remember that one of them was Hyoyeon), but he knew that they were the girls that were so goddamn annoying in his class this morning.

"Hyukjae!" He hissed at his boyfriend.

"What?" Came the whispered reply.

"It's them!"

"Who?"

"The girls who were being so annoying in class this morning!"

"...Are you sure?"

"Yes! I'm positive!"

"Okay... They're not that bad if you actually talk to them."

"I don't plan to do any talking!"

"Alright, alright, I'll get rid of them..."

Hyukjae cleared his throat and looked ahead of him to see that Hyoyeon (with Jessica and Seohyun) was smiling very widely.

Very widely.

He dismissed it, and as usual said hi to the girls and let them have a seat. The following isn't that pretty, so please turn away if you are weak at heart. Or keep reading if you wanna know what happens. (It involves Donghae. (Well duh, this is eunhae (actually it doesnt even get that bad (okay im sorry lets keep going))))

Hyoyeon decided to take the seat directly across from Hyukjae who was leaned back in his chair. She leaned forward and placed for elbows onto the table and hands tucked under her chin as she stared directly into Hyukjae's eyes. She took a glance at the already kinda ticked off brunet beside him, and made a fake look of surprise. Then she turned her sight to look back at Hyukjae and very exasperatedly said,

"Oppa, I didn't know that you and Donghae oppa were on good terms! Are you guys good friends?"

Donghae stared at her incredulously as he raised a perfect eyebrow, so Hyukjae was quick to speak.

"Actually Donghae and I-"

But Donghae was quicker.

"Yes, actually, Hyukjae and I are friends. Great friends. You could perhaps even call us best friends. What's it to you?" He said the last bit a bit rudely, and you could see it on Hyoyeon's face that she was a taken aback. She recovered quite quickly, but she was still offended as she gave Donghae a side-glance before turning back to Hyukjae.

"So oppa, about my perfect match..."

"Ah right. So about that. I still haven't been able to find someone just right for you. I mean, you put down really specific things. You said that you wanted some around 15 centimeters taller than you who liked to dance, and though they didn't appear that strong, 'their six pack really makes up for it'? You also said that you wanted them to be able to rap with you... I really can't think of anyone who matches the profile."

Donghae could. And he was pissed.

But Hyoyeon just pouted (Donghae assumed in an attempt to be cute) and gave Hyukjae puppy dog(?) eyes.

"Are you sure you can't think of anyone, oppa? No one at all?" Hyukjae thought about it for a few seconds again, before he shook his head in affirmation.

"I really can't, sorry Hyoyeon. I wish I could help some other way."

Hyoyeon bit her lip before she discreetly laid her hand on Hyukjae's now outstretched hand. She seemed to forget about a very angry brunet sitting less than a meter from her herself.

"Oppa, if it's not too much to ask of you, would you meet up with me some time on the weekend to discuss this then? We can look through some lists, and then you can see if there's anyone who might be suitable-"

Donghae snorted really loudly, and Hyoyeon gave him a quick but unfortunately ineffective glare. Hyukjae turned to his direction and gave him a confused look. This made Donghae give out a quieter but amused snort.

Of course. Of all the things that he's oblivious to, it's girls trying to flirt with him. Does she not know that he's in a relationship? With me? I'm right here. I guess she just has her head up in the Hyukjae filled clouds.

She was talking to his boyfriend again, and it occurred to him that the blond was probably what they were talking about when they were being pricks in class earlier. Perfect boyfies? Hell yes, but definitely not theirs. He was getting fed up with her shameless flirting and touching, and Hyukjae's ing ignorance. He slammed his hands down on the table and stood himself straight up and, as planned, he grabbed everyone's attention. (Even Jessica and Seohyun's. He didn't know what they were doing up to that point.)

"Hey Hyoyeon, that was your name, right? Why don't you try and flirt with someone who's not in a relationship with the guy sitting right beside him? Don't you think that that'd be a really good idea? 'Cause I'm getting really pissed off with you right now, and I'm not afraid to mess up that pretty little face of yours that I'm pretty sure cost you more than a few thousand dollars. If you hadn't gotten it into your head yet, yes, for god's sake, Hyukjae and I are dating! Everybody in the entire school knows about it, how can you not? So I'd appreciate it greatly if you took your manicured hand off of my boyfriend's hand right now. And really? 'Their six pack makes really makes up for it'? I don't know what makes you tick, but right now I'm really hoping that it's a time bomb. So why don't you and your little friends pick up your perky little asses and get the hell out of my face before I sock you right in yours? Okay? Have a wonderful day, and don't ever try to flirt with Hyukjae ever again, because I won't let you off so easily next time. I'm already getting sick of looking at you. Get away from me." Donghae placed one hand over his eyes and turned away from the girls while he waved them away with his free hand. He heard the screeching of three separate chairs and the clacking of their shoes getting quieter and quieter before he finally turned back around to face an amused Hyukjae.

"What!" Donghae snapped, which just made Hyukjae smile.

"How in the world could you not know that she was flirting with you? Are you an imbecile? Is your brain fully developed ye- you know what, I don't care, You're an idiot. I'm dating an idiot. Oh my god. I need to run away. Everyone around me is an idiot. I'm an idiot. I have to go." And go indeed he did try. However Hyukjae just grabbed his arm and pulled him into a reluctant hug.

"Aww, was my baby jealous~ Don't worry, I only see you!" Hyukjae kissed the top of Donghae's head, and that had the boy squirming and of course, blushing. He weakly hit the taller's chest and then snuggled closer towards him, then put his head up to get another kiss. Hyukjae complied, and gave him a long, sweet kiss on the lips. Donghae giggled and tucked his head back into Hyukjae's neck before he remembered what had happened earlier.

He popped his head up again, now looking as serious as he could.

"If you ever pull something like that ever again I'm leaving you and moving to Alaska."

"Okay, okay, I promise to try to notice when people are flirting with me."

Donghae nodded approvingly as he hugged Hyukjae tighter. He had planned to stay like that for a while with his very warm boyfriend.

Then the bell rang and the two of them hurried off to class.


A/N: yayyy update!

JUST SO YOU KNOW I DO NOT HATE HYOYEON SHE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

HYOYEON IS THE BEST I JUST NEEDED SOMEONE WHO WAS CLOSE TO HYUK AND WOULD FLIRT WITH HIM

anyways, so i saw kiki and hyuk

                

keke jokes i just went to the zoo (i fed the giraffes)

i feel like there was something else i was supposed to tell you guys but i cant remember so if i remember ill just update again

if theres an update within the next day its probably me remembering the thing i need to tell you okay? 

bye guys love you~

ps please comment it make me so much happier ^^