Chapter 13

Perfect Match

"Hey Donghae, don't you ever just wanna get out of here? Like, I dunno, just leave?"

Donghae stared at the setting sun for a little longer, the wind lightly ruffling through his short brown locks. He turned his head to look at Hyukjae, large eyes staring at him with a hint of amusement and the slightest curiousity.

"And why would you ask that, Hyuk? Do you wanna leave? Is that it? But why would you want to leave Seoul? It's such a beautiful place, though I must admit, Mokpo is the . I mean, sometimes I feel like it would be absolutely splendid to get away for a day or two, but then, where would I go and with whom? What would happen to those around me, and are they being taken care of? Things like this."

Hyukjae stared at him blankly, and nodded a few times, his head turning towards the front again slowly. He took all of what Donghae said into consideration. Where would they go? Wherever it was, Donghae would bring him, right? They would be going together. At least, probably.

The blond let out an exasperated sigh. "Forget I even said anything. Seoul is amazing, and there are so many things here, like Namsan Tower, Myeongdong, Lotte World... Is there anything else here? You're right. This is a great place to live, and I would never give it up. There are too many memories here, and I think it would be too abrupt a choice to just uproot everything and head on out. Just remember though, Hae, I would go anywhere just to be with you. So-"

"Aye Hyuk! Whatcha doin' up there? Having a nice little date with your boyfriend? You aren't torturing him too much, are ya? If he doesn't enjoy it, I'll gladly take him right outta your hands. Whaddaya say, fish?"

Hyukjae and Donghae rolled their eyes simultaneously when they heard Heechul's booming voice from all the way down the hill. They looked at each other and shared a knowing smile before getting up off of the picnic blanket they had put down earlier. They made their way down and as soon as they reached, Sungmin and Kyuhyun tackled Donghae to the ground while Heechul put Hyukjae into a headlock that he wouldn't be able to get out of for the life of him. The timid, spry, little Ryeowook slowly approached them, hand in hand with Jongwoon (who of course had Ddangkoma on his shoulder). There was an abundance of greetings and hugs shared, and then the 7 of them flew into the sunset, never to be seen again.

No not really.

Ddangkoma fell off of Jongwoon's shoulder, sending said male into a flurry of worries, and, forgetting he was still holding poor Ryeowook's hand, he dragged the frail boy right to the ground with him, sending everyone else into a mess and making their way to the ground to help Ryeowook (and the turtle, but really, they're equally important to Jongwoon (okay Ryeowook's a bit more important but don't let Ddangkoma know)).

Now, Heechul was gently cradling the turtle in his arms as he looked in front of him to see Hyukjae giving a squealing Donghae a piggyback ride, Jongwoon fussing over Ryeowook and making sure he was alright and Kyuhyun with his arm over Sungmin's shoulder, whispering something to him that was making the strawberry blond squirm from embarrassment. He sighed.

No one looked back.

He sighed again, this time louder.

Still, nothing.

He over-exaggeratedly sighed once more, making it so loud you could hear it from Texas.

Apparently the three couples in front of him were deaf.

He stopped in his tracks and was about to throw the item in his arms down to the ground, when he looked at the wide-eyed (can that happen) Ddangkoma and realized that not only would Jongwoon kill him, Ddangkoma would find his dead spirit and murder it again, so he just started cradling the turtle again and grumbled to himself.

"Goddamn ing couples don't have any consideration to me... What am I supposed to be, the... 1,2,3... 7th wheel? Is that how this thing works? I really don't think so... What? What was I say- ow, ow! Ow, you ing son of a ! , that hurts! Jongwoon! Your ing turtle's biting my flesh off, I think it secretly craves for huma- OW !"

Heechul (delicately) threw the turtle to the ground and ran away from it at lightning speed, not thinking about how fast a turtle is.

He's a smart one isn't he.

He turned around to give the turtle a death glare, but it was nowhere in sight.

"What the ? . Jongwoon is going to murder me to death. , , , - Hangeng? The ?"

Hangeng was staring at Heechul incredulously. "Is the only word you know? By the way, I picked up this turtle. It kept trying to bite something, so when I started walking towards the direction it was snapping at, I found you. So is it yours? The turtle's really cute by the way, reminds me of my ancestral roots. Ahh, the magnificent dragon. Anyways, what's it's name?"

Goddamn, if having this turtle around could get Heechul into Hangeng's pants Hangeng into Heechul's pants, then he would gladly take the nipping on his skin any day.

"Uhh, yeah, the turtle is mine. Umm, its name is Ddangkoma, and, uhh, I think it wants human flesh."

Hangeng laughed at that with a beautiful lilt in his voice that sent Heechul soaring above the clouds. "Okay, umm, I'll take that as a joke. So, Chullie, can I call you that? I dunno how to say the Hee part of your name correctly. Anyways, Chullie, is Ddangkoma a girl or a boy?"

Heechul just nodded dumbly.

"What?"

"You can call me Chullie if I can call you Geng..."

Hangeng just shrugged. "You can call me that if you want. That's what all my friends call me, so go ahead. Anyways, is Ddangkoma a girl or a boy? 'Cause you didn't really answer that just now..."

Heechul seemed to awaken from his stupor of sorts and then stared at the turtle.

"Huh... that's a good question."

"..."

"What?"

"You don't know if your own turtle's a girl or a boy?"

"No? Am I supposed to kn- , umm, right, Ddangkoma's my turtle, so of course I should know its gender. Ddangkoma is a-"

"Yah! Kim Heechul! Are you using my turtle to pick people up? Ddangkoma isn't ready for the vast world of wingmen yet. Try getting a date on your own. I'll be taking my turtle now, thank you very much." Jongwoon took the turtle right out of Hangeng's hands and walked away, rubbing the reptile's smooth shell the entire way back to Ryeowook, small words of comfort being told.

Heechul stared at Hangeng awkwardly and the Chinese man stared back equally just.

"Umm, so yeah, turtle wasn't mine-"

"I know. I, uh, I wanted an excuse to come talk to you."

Now, not many things surprise the great Kim Heechul, but that was definitely one of them. Then again, not really, because who wouldn't want to date him, the most flawless human being in the world?

"So then..."

"Oh for 's sake kiss him already!"

Heechul stiffly turned towards the voice. "WHY THANK YOU, HYUKJAE. CERTAINLY. I'LL MAKE OUT WITH HIM RIGHT NOW JUST BECAUSE YOU SAID SO- off!"

Heechul turned back again and gave Hangeng a strained smile. "Sorry about that... um, you see, Hyukjae has these issu-"

"I actually don't see a problem with that."

"What?"

"Make out with me."

"..."

"..."

"What?"

"Good lord."

And then Hangeng grabbed Heechul by either side of his face and pulled him into a rough but delightful kiss, accompanied by many cat calls and wolf whistles.

"Okay, we gotta go now, peace!"

They did not care.


Hyukjae and Donghae laid on Hyukjae's bed.

"Hey Dongh-"

"No."

"What?"

"No ."

Hyukjae sat straight up and stared at the brunet still lying on his bed.

"What do you mean? That isn't even what I was going to say! I was just gonna ask what you wanted eat for dinner! Why'd you bring up ? You got out from the hospital like 3 days ago, I wasn't going to do anything! Jesus Christ! Where did that come from? Oh god, I just said come, my life, I have to go, I need to leave right now, oh my god I- me. not what I meant. . I hate my life. Bye Donghae, I gotta go." 

Hyukjae stood up from his bed and walked towards the door to his room. He opened it and walked out. Donghae heard the front door open, and he quickly ran to Hyukjae's bedroom window to peek outside. He watched Hyukjae stroll right across the road and sit himself in front of the nice old lady's house then stare at nothing. Wow. Why did he even bring it up?

Donghae ran out to go join him. He sat in front of Hyukjae who looked traumatized. They had a miniature staring contest (Donghae won) and Hyukjae just continued to stare.

"Hey Hyuk, I'm sorry about that. It's just that I've been thinking about it lately for god knows what reason, and when you started saying things I just got really nervous because I don't want my first time to have happened so quickly like, yeah, I definitely want it to be with you, but not right now like we're still only 15, 16 whatever I don't ing remember and I just wanted it to be special like sorry if I hurt your feelings I really didn't mean to Hyuk. Are you okay? I don't think I am. Honestly I almost had a mental breakdown and everything was spinning and I'm probably really over-exaggerating but it didn't feel like it. I was really scared and please, please, please understand that. I love you so much, Hyuk, and I would go to world's end to be with you. I-"

"Yo. You like rambling a lot don't you."

Donghae just pouted and stared at him sadly.

"Yah, you dumb fish, I love you too, okay? We'll be together forever disregarding how cheesy that sounds, and we'll do whatever we want whenever you feel comfortable, alright? Because I'm pretty sure I'm stickin' it in, yeah? Also, sorry, but no matter how much I love you you're not putting anything near there."

Donghae nodded in agreement.

See? This is why their relationship works. Mutual agreement on who is top.

"I love you, alright Hae?"

"I love you too Hyuk."


a/n: aye so i dont have any ideas for this anymore so this is unfortunately the last chapter

sorry if its abrupt but i was really grasping at nothing for the last few chappies

​hope this isnt too heartbreaking for yall and i hope you enjoyed the story thus far! thank you to all of you for reading and supporting this and especially thank you if youve been there from the beginning. this means a lot to me and im glad so many people liked it.

(shoutout to HyukkieMyHubby and riehae for just actively reading this fic and commenting and . love you~ also thanks to m15LEE and FishyPali for being some of the first people to subscribe. <3)

until next time~