Chapter 3

Perfect Match

"Hey Hyuk, what's up?"

Hyukjae looked up to see his best friend, Heechul walking towards him. His long, black hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail and he sported large sunglasses. His jacket was ed and his hands were in his pockets as he gave Hyukjae a friendly smirk. 

Hyukjae gave him a large gummy smile before leaning back in his chair and propping his feet up on the table.

"Hey Chul. Nothing much. Just trying to figure out why one of the longest lasting relationships in our school isn't working out. Well, not really because it's really obvious, but yeah. Thinking about it."

"Wow, Lee Hyukjae actually thinking about something? Never thought I'd live to see that day!" Heechul took off his sunglasses and gave his friend a pointed look. "But what's this about the long lasting couple or whatever? Who you talking about? You and your pillow?"

Hyukjae snarled at him and sat properly in his chair. 

"No, Heechul, I was not talking about me and my pillow, that ship is still sailing perfectly smoothly. I was talking about the 'everybody wants our perfect relationship' couple. The fish and the religious guy."

"Oh, Donghae and Siwon? No yeah, I bet they'll break up by next week. Why are you suddenly thinking about that?" The taller plopped down in the chair that had earlier occupied a certain short brunet and leaned towards Hyukjae.

Hyukjae dragged his hand over his face before breathing out a sigh and letting his back hit the chair again.

"Donghae came up to me earlier and asked me who his perfect match was. I gave him a fake answer and said Siwon but then he wanted the real answer. You wanna know who his perfect match is?" Hyukjae glanced at his friend and just groaned when he raised a perfect eyebrow.

"It's me. God damnit. Why did my perfect match have to be taken? I don't have a serious relationship for a few years and suddenly I'm never allowed to have one ever again? Why is my soul mate someone I can't have? My pillow can't be the only important figure in my life for the rest of my life! I don't want to have to propose to a pillow, for goodness sakes, I don't want to come home to our house and greet it like 'hey pillow, how's it going? I'm home from work! Guess what, I got a promotion! We can renovate the baby's room now and get you that necklace you've been wanting. Oh wait, you're a pillow! We can't get married or have kids and you can't wear a necklace and-"

Heechul just massaged his temples as he let Hyukjae keep ranting. He really got caught up with them sometimes.

"-not to mention how I would have to wash it! And what would I sleep on at night? It's my favourite pillow, I'm not just gonna go buy another one because I'm marrying my other one!"

"Hyukjae."

"Am I supposed to go to work and take care of the kids by myself? And the taxes! Is my pillow earning me any money?"

"Hyukjae. Stop it."

"What about family vacations? Where is my pillow's favourite-"

"Yah, Lee Hyukjae, no one said you had to marry your pillow. And haven't you ever thought that you could totally date someone other than Donghae? It's not like you have to be together just because your stupid forms said so. Go find someone like-"

"By the way, your perfect match is that Chinese transfer student, Hangeng."

Heechul shot out of his chair and wrapped Hyukjae in a large hug. "Your forms are the best! I knew we were destined to be together! He's so hot and so am I, we're perfect for each other!"

Hyukjae just gave him an uncertain smile and peeled Heechul's arms off from around his neck.

"Anyways, why are you reacting so badly? It's not like you actually like him, right?"

The blond just glared at Heechul before burying his head in his hands. "It's not like I completely hate him either..." He mumbled out.

"Wow, didn't know that the undateable Lee Hyukjae had his heart captured by the school's heartthrob. Why don't you just ask him out after he breaks up with Siwon? You'd have a pretty good chance, unless the kid's not into monkeys."

Hyukjae just groaned again and slid down his chair. He wanted the floor to swallow him whole so that he didn't have to deal with anything or think about his lonely future (unless you count his pillow as a relationship).

"Whatever kid. Do whatever you think is right. I've got a hot China man I need to seduce. Actually, you try that too. Seduce the outta that fish. Then it'd be the weirdest couple in the school, the fish out of water and the escaped monkey."

Heechul snorted at his own words before he bid Hyukjae goodbye and strolled down the hallway.


 Donghae practically skipped down the halls to find Sungmin. When he did, he jumped onto his back, earning himself a glare from the tall freshman Sungmin had for a boyfriend.

"Minnie! Guess who my perfect match is! Guess guess guess!"

Sungmin squirmed himself out of Donghae's grip and stared at the obviously ecstatic boy.

"Judging by your very happy appearance, I'd say... Lee Hyukjae?"

Donghae let out a very unmanly squeal before he tackled both Sungmin and Kyuhyun in a bear hug. "I'm so happy!" (Really now) "He's so perfect and I've had a crush on him for forever, and now he's my perfect match and ahhhhh~" 

Sungmin just smiled at Donghae. The boy really had been admiring the elder (even if at first it was purely for the other's dancing skills) for a very long time. They went to the same middle school, and though he was infatuated with Hyukjae, Donghae was just too nice to refuse Siwon. The fear of being rejected by Hyukjae was why he never broke up with Siwon, but also not wanting to hurt the poor boy kept their relationship strong through the years. Now that Donghae knew that Hyukjae was his perfect match, he didn't see any reason not to take a chance. He knew how much Hyukjae believed in the perfect match thing.

 "So Hae, when are you going to ask him out?"

Donghae stopped moving, squealing, fanboying, everything. It seemed that the thought of asking the other boy out hadn't occurred to him yet at that point-

"The hell are you talking about? He has to ask me. I'm not doing anything."

...Or maybe it had.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun both put on a confused look as they stared at the offended brunet in front of them. 

"Why does he have to ask you? You could ask him and he'd still probably say yes because you're you. And because he believes in that whole soul mate thing but whatever. Just ask him. Ooh, but first break up with Siwon."

"Nooo Minnie, that's not how it works! Hyukjae has to be the one who asks me because Hyukjae has to be the nore dominant one! I'm supposed to be the cute submissive one! He has to!"

Sungmin just thought of how the fish would never go out on a date with Hyukjae ever, and he was okay with it.

"Alright Fishy. Whatever you say." He gave Donghae a supportive pat on the shoulder and quickly walked away with Kyuhyun.


A/N: i dunno what im doing 

at least hyuk has a friend now