Chapter 9

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

"Joonmyeon ...he confessed to me" Yixing slowly looked up to see Yifan's expression, which was shocked to say the least. He quickly looked away and finished his espresso before forcefully putting it back onto the saucer. 

"I thought so!" Yifan laughed to himself because Yixing could only sit and stare. 

"H-how did you know?" Yixing had to muster some sort of response to Yifan's reaction. 

"You see a lot of things when you observe rather than get involved" Yifan smirked and winked. Yixing's heart fluttered at the action and was pretty sure that Yifan could hear the sound of it beating against his rib cage.  "And it happened a lot quicker than I thought" Yifan continued to laugh and Yixing couldn't help but smile to himself seeing the older man so happy. "So what are you going to say to him? Do you like guys?" Yifan seemed honestly intrigued. 

"Yeah..." Yixing couldn't do anything but answer honestly, he didn't want to go through the effort of hiding it anymore. 

"Well say yes then" Yifan coughed under his breath, Yixing thought he must have a cold from standing out in the rain. 

"I don't want to" 

"Why?" 

"There's...there's someone I like" Yixing coughed now, but it was just an act to cover his red face. 

"Oh really...?" Yifan raised his eyebrows and smirked again. 

-~-~-~- 

This was going a lot better than Yixing expected, he was sitting here in a cafe with his crush and he hadn't managed to embarrass himself yet. Yixing couldn't believe his luck. 

They'd been sitting in the same places for about an hour now, just casually talking about whatever was on their minds, Yixing had relaxed and was happy that he had finally been able to talk to Yifan without his face going a tomato red colour. 

"Do you wanna go somewhere else?" The conversation had died down and Yifan was tapping his foot like he had to move and fast. 

"Yeah sure" Both boys stood up and left the cafe and started walking around the nearby town centre. 

"There's a music shop that I'd like to go to, is that okay?" Yixing had to ask, just in case. 

"Yeah sure, I'd like to go to" Yifan replied with a big smile, Yixing tried hard to bite his lip and blush. 

They arrived at the music shop only a couple of seconds later, Yixing bound towards the sheet music books where he instantly started flicking through the wide variety of books. Yifan however, was calmer, and leisurely walked towards the music stand where he put the headphones on and started listening to whatever was in the charts at the time, he didn't like it much, to say the least. 

The both of them stayed separate for a couple of minutes, doing their own thing, appealing to their tastes. It wasn't until Yifan had listened to a whole album that he realised he hadn't seen Yixing in a while. He quickly put down his headphones and powered through the store looking down every aisle until he found Yixing staring into a glass cabinet full of sheet music bags. 

"Hey, I thought you'd run off without me" Yifan panted as he stood beside Yixing "Don't worry me like that" 

Yixing finally took his attention away from the purple leather bag in the display case. 

"Oh I'm sorry!" Yixing looked so apologetic that Yifan forgave him instantly. 

"Don't worry about it" Yifan broke out into that now familiar smile once more. "What're you looking at?" 

"Nothing, just things I can't afford" Yixing said this with a brighter smile than he should have. Yifan took a look at the bag before leading Yixing out of the store. 

-~-~-~- 

It was still raining so the boys were trying to stay under the shelter of the buildings with little avail. Before Yixing knew it, it was 3pm and realised that he hadn't eaten. His stomach started to growl (eureurong). 

"Are you hungry? Let me get you something to eat." Yifan started to walk away but Yixing was taken over by a wave of confidence and grabbed Yifan's wrist. 

"N-no you don't have to do that" Yixing couldn't control his blush this time, he didn't know why he did it, or how he did it but he was holding on to the wrist of his crush in the pouring rain on a day when that said crush had asked him out. His heart couldn't take it. 

"Listen to me" Yifan's voice was soft. "This day is my treat, a sorry from me to you...and your sister" he sighed and looked to check no one was looking and stepped closer to Yixing. "I felt so guilty for what I did, before I even knew you" Yifan was now taking a hold of Yixing's hands in his own. "I-I-I" 

Yifan put his arms around Yixing in a tight embrace. The warmth from Yifan was something that Yixing had never experienced, he was known throughout school as being the "cold guy", at this precise moment in time, Yixing couldn't understand why. Yifan's Lin arms locked tightly but securely around Yixing's shoulders. Yixing's arms were still stuck to his sides, shocked by his current position. 

"Please forgive me" Yifan's voice was nothing but a whisper. "I'm so sorry Yixing" Yixing didn't understand these words from Yifan. Why was he apologising so much? Yixing forgave him at the first instant but here he was, being hugged but his crush in the summer monsoon downpour. Yifan's head was resting on Yixing's shoulder, Yifan had to bend his knees to do so because of their height difference. Yixing couldn't imagine a better day, nothing could top this, nothing at all. 

"Go out with me"