Chapter 6

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

Yixing remembered being kicked by Minseok and Luhan against the wall, he remembered making his way down to the auditorium and he remembered sitting down at the piano but he didn’t remember seeing a note on the piano stand. He must have fallen asleep, the way his neck ached and clicked confirmed it. 

Yixing sat up and took the folded note on the stand and started to read:  

You really shouldn't fall asleep at a piano, your neck will hurt. 
My band were thinking of rehearsing in here today, we spoke to you yesterday, you must have forgotten. 
I know this might seem like a lot to ask but I'd like to talk to you at some point, I have something to apologise for. 

Wu Yifan 

Yixing stared, and stared some more. He has a note from Yifan. Wu Yifan. Yixing clasped a hand over his mouth to hide his smile. Yixing turned over the paper to have something written on the back. 

You really will do damage to your neck if you sleep like that, I don't want that happen to you. 

Yixing had to try hard not to scream. Yifan was worried about him. Yifan was worried about the quiet nerdy boy in his form. Yifan was worried about Zhang Yixing. 

Yixing folded the note and put it inside a separate compartment inside his bag, he didn't want it to get stolen after all, this was the one thing that connected him to his crush, Wu Yifan. 

Yixing then hurried down to where El Dorado normally rehearse to find the room empty, they must have already left. Yixing decided to head home all the same...and then read the note a bit more. 

-~-~-~-

Yixing arrived at home expecting to find his sister bouncing towards him but didn't get that welcoming. He was only left with yet another note on the kitchen counter. 

I'm going out with some friends tonight :3 

-Yujin 

Not quite as touching as Yifan's but it showed that his sister was looking out for her brother. 

Yujin liked to party, she would normally go out with friends to bars and clubs (when she was still underage) and most of the time Yixing would have to get her out of a sticky situation. Most of the time, she would get chatting with some guy and one thing would lead to another. Let's just say that Yixing had had a number of calls from the police in his time. 

Yixing decided to stay up just in case he got a call saying he had to come and pick his sister up, he sat in front of the TV and waited. 

The call never came. 

Yixing fell asleep on the sofa, way too tired to keep his eyes open any longer. Until he was rudely awoken by a harsh knocking on his door. 

Yixing got up lazily and shuffled to the door, still in his school uniform. He opened the door to see a very drunk looking Yujin standing there. 

And a very angry Wu Yifan standing next to her. 

Yixing's jaw hung open and stayed there. Wu Yifan had turned up at his door...with his sister? 

"Yujin where the hell have you been? I waited all night for you!" Yixing tried to sound annoyed but he was still recovering from his rude awakening. He was also trying desperately not to stare at Yifan's leather jacket and tight skinny jeans, why did he have to turn up now? 

Yifan looked really agitated, Yixing had never seen this side of him at school before, even when he was teased by Sehun and his gang, he'd never looked this...disapproving. Now thanks to Yujin, Yixing had a bad reputation. 

"I'm sorry Xing," she slurred "but Yifan here brought me home, isn't he nice?" She turned to look at him when Yixing saw something turn in her eyes. She was now draping her hands around Yifan's neck and pressed her lips to his. 

Before Yixing could fully process what was happening, Yifan had pushed her off him. 

"You stink! Xing?" He turned to look at Yixing "You're...Yixing from school?" Yixing felt his heart race at the thought of Yifan remembering his name and it started to pulsate even harder in his chest when he saw Yifan's eyes nervously darting around and a light pink colour in his cheeks. "Learn to keep your sister on a tighter leash will you?" He coughed. "Just count yourself lucky I didn't call the police." Yifan moved closer to Yixing and looked him in the eyes. Yixing could feel his breath on his face and swallowed hard. "Don't try me again." And with that, Yifan left the scene. 

Yixing had barely noticed that his sister was now a heated mess on the floor, she was balling and Yixing knew he had a long night ahead of him if he didn't already. 

-~-~-~- 

Once Yixing had managed to calm his sister down she explained to him how the night had gone the way it did. Yixing assumed that the bar Sehun had decided to take his "victor" to for today's "game" was the same bar that Yujin and her friends went to. Yujin had apparently approached Yifan because he looked lonely, like he was contemplating something. Yujin explained that Yifan didn't drink because he thought it was unethical and didn't like the consequences that came with drinking, however this didn't stop Yujin from taking more than her fair share of alcohol. Yujin started to make moves on Yifan until he had had enough so asked for her address so he could bring her back home. 

And now Yixing was up to date. 

However much Yixing tried to distract himself, he still couldn't get that kiss out of his head. Yes, Yifan didn't want to kiss her but it still broke Yixing's heart, the thought of Yifan being with anyone...hurt Yixing more than expected. Seeing it happen in front of his eyes, made him realise that it might not just be a crush anymore. 

"You've got to help me get with him" Yujin said, still wiping tears from her eyes. 

"What?" 

"I really...really like him Yixing" 

"You hardly know the guy" Yixing scoffed 

"But you do, don't you? Didn't he say that you went to the same school? What is he like?" Yujin asked with one of the biggest smiles Yixing had ever seen from his sister. 

Yixing wanted to say that he was perfection put into a single human body. He wanted to say that every single move that he made was like a drug to Yixing. He wanted to say that Yifan was the only reason he went into school and tried so hard each day. He wanted to say that he could imagine life without him. He wanted to say he was in love with Wu Yifan. 

"I've never even spoken to the guy" 

But he didn't. 

"Find out about him for me" Yujin pleaded, her eyes were filled with sparkles. 

"I don't know him Yujin, I don't have any way of talking to him" 

"Just...promise me that if you find anything out you'll tell me? I...really do want to be with him." Yujin stared down and twiddled with her thumbs with an intense blush on her face. 

"Yes, okay alright. I promise." 

This was one promise that Yixing did not want to keep, he'd never made a promise this important with his sister before. Yixing wanted his sister to be happy, of course he did, but Yifan had meant so long to Yixing for so long that it'd be difficult to let him go.  

Yixing was not a selfish person. 

He had to put aside his own feelings for Yujin's happiness. 

Even if it meant giving up his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush Wu Yifan.