Chapter 3

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

Yixing's face was still planted into his broken glasses when Yixing's classmate Jongdae spotted him and pulled him to his feet. 

"Yixing? What happened to you? What happened to your glasses?" Jongdae was worried about him and he appreciated it but he would really had rather stayed on the floor. 

"Nothing, I just wasn't looking where I was going" Yixing replied while still looking at the floor. 

"I'm sure that's not true" Jongdae put his hand reassuringly on Yixing's shoulder. 

Yixing thanked Jongdae for his care but he really did want to be alone. Being picked on in the corridor by Sehun and his groupies while simultaneously being looked down upon by your crush was looking to be the type of day when Yixing just wanted to reflect on his life... But Jongdae didn't know a thing about this. 

"You have blood all over your face Yixing! Are you going to tell me what happened?" Seeing the worried look in Jongdae's eyes made Yixing feel guilty that he couldn't speak a word of what happened to Jongdae. After all, no one knew about your crush on the cold-guy Wu Yifan. 

"I'll take you down to the Nurse's Office" 

As soon as Yixing arrived at the Nurse's Office he was treated and was asked to go home to look after his wounds but Yixing carefully reminded the Nurse that he could hardly see. The Nurse then suggested that it might be best for Yixing to stay at school but not go to classes as he could end up getting even more hurt. Yixing was not as happy to hear this news as you might expect. 

Yixing was dedicated to his studies and they meant an awful lot to him. If he wasn't studying at home he was spending time at his piano, composing or practicing. He didn't think he needed anything else in his life because he was completely happy the way he was. He had always wanted what was best for him and he wanted to study maths to become an accountant so studying maths had always been an important part of his life and something he quite enjoyed. However music was the most important element in Yixing's life, he had always had a passion for the piano and it's something he has never been able to describe to anyone else. 

As soon as the nurse had left the room, Yixing asked Jongdae to take him to the auditorium, he couldn't go anywhere by himself but at least he had muscle memory when it came to piano. Jongdae reluctantly agreed to take him there after much consideration because he didn't want to get into trouble either. 

Once both boys had made it safely to the auditorium, Jongdae went back to class and left Yixing at the piano. There was nowhere where Yixing felt more at ease then this. There was a certain calm about the piano that Yixing had admired. When he was younger, Yixing always answered the question "what do you want to be when you're older?" with "a piano". You could say that that was when his problems began with bullying. But Yixing had never truly seen it this way, he thought that there was just a misunderstanding between him and this person that he always tried to resolve. 

Yixing placed his hands on the keys of the piano and automatically played a E flat major chord. Yixing often found himself coming back to this chord. He couldn't explain why or how for that matter but all he knew was that he loved this chord. It was on this chord that he started composing his latest song, Promise. 

 

Yixing closed his eyes. He didn't need to look. His hands moved on their own. They had done for many years now. 

 

-~-~-~-

 

Yifan was heading to the auditorium with his fellow band mates Tao, Kyungsoo and Jongin. The four of them had been friends for a long time since they were 10 in fact. 8 years later, they were making music together and they still got along. Tao had been Yifan's best friend for over 10 years now as they had gone to school together since Tao moved to the area. They got along well as Tao's loud and bouncy personality balanced out Yifan's cold and distant one. Kyungsoo and Jongin had been dating on and off for the past 5 years, at the moment they were going through one of their bad patches 

 

"I don't wanna practice today" Jongin moaned 

 

"Stop whining you idiot" Kyungsoo snapped as he shot Jongin a glare. Yifan's admired the fact that this band was still together as Jongin and Kyungsoo fought so much but Yifan knew that it wouldn't be long before they were making-up again. 

 

"Yifan, some guy's in there playing piano," stated Tao as he stared through the windows of the auditorium doors "guess we'll have to find somewhere else to rehearse today." Tao, Kyungsoo and Jongin all shrugged and turned to leave while Yifan decided to take a look at this mysterious pianist. 

 

There was no denying this guy was talented, he'd been playing since he was young, the only reason Yifan knew this was because of the vast amount of times this guy had done events representing the school when his own band happened to be there as well. He was also in his form but he didn't pay him much attention because he didn't seem to play much attention to others. He was one of those people that didn't need to be noticed, he looked fine on his own. 

 

Yifan had always admired this boy because he played piano, he would never tell anyone but the piano was the one instrument Yifan wanted to play. As soon as he thought this,he could feel the strap from his guitar case deepening ever so slightly on his shoulder. The guitar was the instrument that his parents had chosen for him, at the beginning it was what Yifan wanted most in the world to be able to play guitar but now the piano seemed all the more appealing. 

 

Didn't this guy wear glasses? 

 

Oh. It was him. 

 

It was him that his friends from his form picked on today. Yifan didn't tend to pay much attention when Sehun, Xiumin and Luhan found new prey, he didn't agree with what they were doing but he couldn't stop them. As much as he hated to admit it, he really treasured his friends and if he got on the wrong side of them he couldn't face the thought of loosing them. This didn't mean that Yifan felt sorry for the guy, he'd probably done something to get on Sehun nerves so Sehun had the right to lash out at him. Yifan ran a hand through his hair and left to find his band mates.