Chapter 7

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

Yixing didn't want to move. He didn't want to face his sister, his crush, or anyone for that matter. He didn't want to accept the fact that he had to give up. He had to give up the one person he didn't want to give up. He had to give up the one thing he wanted most in the world.

 

It was a slow start for Yixing, he was walking to school with his head down. Staring at his feet. Desperately trying to think of a possibility that meant that he could still have a chance with Yifan. He came up with nothing.

 

"E-excuse me?"

 

Yixing was still stumped.

 

"Er...excuse me?"

 

Yixing was clueless.

 

A tap on his shoulder. Yixing turned to see a guy that looked about the same age as himself.

 

"S-sorry to bother you, I-I noticed that you were wearing the uniform to the school I need to get to?" the boy asked. Yixing thought he saw his face go red but his eyes were still drowsy from the morning.

 

"Oh really? Why are you coming to Two Moons School?" Yixing was curious about the guy now.

 

"I'm transferring..." He stared down at his shoes and twiddled his thumbs.

 

"Oh right?" Yixing noticed something on his back. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

 

"Maybe, I'm Joonmyeon, I used to be at TVXQ High, I was their representative for the Violin for a couple of years" Yixing recognised the guy even more by the second.

 

"Yeah! I've seen you at competitions, you're really amazing!" Yixing's face lit up. He'd seen this guy so many times at competitions and was always amazed by his talent. Apparently he's always had a talent for the violin and has been playing since he was three. Joonmyeon had really inspired Yixing, seeing him at so many competitions made Yixing want to do the same. Yixing wanted to make people feel things from his piano playing like Joonmyeon made him feel playing the violin.

 

"Wow! Thank you, you're Yixing right? The pianist?" Joonmyeon's face was now a violent shade of pink, or was it just Yixing's lack of glasses?

 

"Yes, I am! I can't believe you recognise me! It means a lot" Yixing was finding it difficult to look at Joonmyeon's face, had he gotten a whole lot more attractive or was it just him?

 

"Are you kidding? Of course I recognise you!"

 

Yixing made his way to school with Joonmyeon that day, it made a pleasant change to always walking on his own, and it took his mind off of a certain someone.

 

Yixing took Joonmyeon to his new form group and they decided to meet up at lunch in the auditorium, Yixing didn't really feel like spending his time in his own form room anyway.

 

Yixing spent the whole day reenacting the events from that morning, he couldn't believe that someone he admired so much could recognise him. Joonmyeon, the polite, handsome and talented Joonmyeon, the Joonmyeon who had competed alongside Yixing for as long as he'd been at Two Moons, the Joonmyeon that Yixing admired.   

 

Lunch break had finally arrived and Yixing couldn't wait to meet Joonmyeon again, he practically ran down to the auditorium to meet him. He threw the doors open and found Joonmyeon practicing his violin. It was magical. Truly magical. The notes erupted from the instrument like a wave crashing over him. Yixing stood there and just listened, it was a state that he entered whenever he listened to Joonmyeon.

 

It was then rudely interrupted.

 

"For the last time could you just let us use the room?"

 

No, he'd forgotten.

 

He'd promised to let El Dorado use the room.

 

Yixing's turned around slowly to be face to face with the one person that he didn't want to see.

 

"When will you stop getting involved in my life? Why are you wherever I go?" Yixing could feel his breath on his neck.

 

Yifan was bent down so he was at eye-level with Yixing.  

 

"I-I'm sorry" Yixing scrunched up his eyes, he couldn't bare to look at him, it was also a way to stop the tears from falling that we're building up in his eyes. He didn't think he could get any more embarrassed or humiliated.

 

Yixing tried to walk away but his wrist was grabbed.

 

"Don't try and run away from me, you've done that enough" Yifan was whispering right in his ear now, Yixing felt a tingle go down his spine.

 

"W-what do you ex-expect me to do?" Yixing could barely get the words out, all the words in his vocabulary were stuck in his throat.

 

Yixing was pushed against the nearest wall and two arms were pressed against the wall on either side of his head. Yixing could see the rest of El Dorado over the man's shoulder, staring, with their jaws wide open. Joonmyeon was stock still, his violin still placed on his shoulder.

 

Yifan lent down to Yixing's ear, no one else could hear, it was just Yixing and Yifan.

 

"Just play along, take this" Yifan's right hand left the wall and swiftly came into contact with Yixing's left cheek. Yixing couldn’t believe what had just happened.

 

Yifan had punched him. Right in the face.

 

Yixing was now a tangled pile of limbs on the floor. He’d had a really tough couple of days.

 

Yifan bent down to him and Yixing tried to get away with no avail being he was held in by the taller male.

 

“Here”

 

Before he knew it, a piece of paper was being slipped into his blazer pocket.

 

“Don’t read this until you get home”

 

And with that, Yifan stood up. Yixing could’ve sworn he was smirking. Yifan was back to his normal self.

 

“You better move, nerd” Yifan shouted, after that Yixing was quickly out of the room.

 

He heard a couple of shouts behind him and Joonmyeon was then quickly on his tail, he didn’t even have enough time to pack away his violin, still holding it in his right hand, the case in the other.

 

Yixing was confused. What was all that about? What was on that piece of paper that Yifan had left in his pocket so suspiciously?

 

Yixing was so lost in his own thoughts that he hardly noticed Joonmyeon trying to get his attention.

 

“Yixing, are you okay? Who were those guys?”

 

“No one”

 

“Yixing, you look ill, are you sure you’re okay?”

 

The truth was, Yixing wasn’t okay, he wasn’t okay at all.

 

-~-~-~-

 

Both Yixing and Joonmyeon were sitting in the canteen towards the end of lunch, using what time they had left to talk about what happened.

 

“How could he do that to me?” Yixing was talking to himself over anything else, he didn’t expect Joonmyeon to answer.

 

“Who? Who was he?” Joonmyeon was only trying to help but Yixing didn’t want to talk about it at all.

 

“He’s just...it’s complicated”

 

“Wanna explain it to me?” Joonmyeon shuffled next to him on the bench and waited for Yixing to reply.

 

“I-I” Yixing slumped his head on the table in front of him. Joonmyeon rubbed his hand along Yixing’s back in an attempt to comfort him but it didn’t seem to make much difference.

 

After a few minutes in this same position, Yixing sits up again and leans his head on Suho’s shoulder.

 

“I don’t want to feel like this anymore…” Yixing didn’t understand what he was doing, why was he opening up to Joonmyeon? Someone he’d just met?

 

“I understand.” Joonmyeon sounded like he had something caught in his throat but Yixing decided to ignore it. “Look, Yixing,” Joonmyeon took a hold of Yixing’s shoulders so he was facing him, “I don’t know who this guy is or what he’s done but what I do know is-” he stopped himself for a moment, “-is that I’m going to help you because-” he stopped again.

 

“Suho?”

“I really like you Yixing, really,” Yixing furrowed his brows. “I can see there’s something between you, but can I be the one you look to...instead of him?” Joonmyeon lowered his gaze and brought his hands down from Yixing’s shoulders. “ I don’t want you to worry about him any more, I want to worry about you, I want to make sure you’re happy”

 

Yixing couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

 

“Suho, I-I”

 

“You don’t have to say anything, I’m not expecting you to, but now you know how I feel, I hope you can look to me rather than him,” Joonmyeon stood from the bench and swung his bag and violin case across his shoulder “I’ll see you tomorrow Yixing.” Joonmyeon was about to turn to go when he took a hold of Yixing’s head in his hands and kissed his head.

 

Yixing sat wide-eyed, staring at Suho’s figure as he walked off to his afternoon lessons.

 

The bell rang. Yixing had to go.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Sorry about the wait yesterday!

 

Any SuLay shippers out there? ;)