Chapter 13

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

It was the happiest Yixing had ever been in his life. 

When they had the chance, Yixing and Yifan were always together, in some classes they even asked to change seats so they could sit with each other. Both boys had to distance themselves from Sehun, since now both Yixing and Yifan were on bad terms with him, although Yifan wasn't bothered by this because he knew he was stronger than Sehun so if anything did happen he was pretty sure he would win. Lunchtimes were now spent in the cafeteria with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, the four of them became close quickly and were completely satisfied in each other's company. The only times Yixing and Yifan weren't together was when Yifan had band rehearsal and even then Yifan would ask the band to clean up for him so he could meet Yixing outside the school gate so he could walk him home. Only, Yixing had other ideas on Thursday afternoon. 

"Let's go to your place" Yixing beamed as he stood on his tiptoes to get as close to looking into Yifan's eyes as he could. "I want to see where you live" 

"What? Why would you want to do that?" Yifan was nervously laughing as he bent down slightly to meet his boyfriend's efforts. 

"We've been to my place everyday this week, let's go to yours this time" Yixing wasn't going to give up this time, if he was going to find out more about Yifan then he thought he should at least see his house. 

"Alright fine, only because it's you" Yifan bent down and kissed Yixing's forehead before taking his hand and starting to walk towards his own flat. 

"Thanks" Yixing's smile melted Yifan's heart, and he was pretty sure that it would do the same for the rest of time. 

-~-~-~- 

Once they arrived at Yifan's flat, Yixing couldn't help but feel very nervous. He had taken Baekhyun's advice of being "more forward" with Yifan and plucked up the courage to ask to go to his place and here he was standing in front of Yifan's door. 

Yifan swiftly opened the door and Yixing followed him inside. Yifan's flat wasn't a lot larger than his own but it certainly was a lot messier. Yixing enjoyed being clean and tidy because it made himself calm and safe, whereas Yifan seemed to have the opposite philosophy. 

"Sorry about the mess" Yifan quickly took of his shoes and started picking up plates, cups and pieces of clothing that were strewn across the room. 

"No don't worry" Yixing honestly meant this, he didn't want Yifan running around cleaning up just because he was here. He valued a clean home but he understood that not everyone lived the same way he did. Yixing approached Yifan as he was entering the kitchen and hugged him from behind, Yifan was frozen in his tracks. "Please don't clear up for me, this is the way you like to live. I understand" Yixing pulled Yifan closer and nuzzled his head into Yifan's broad back. 

"But it's a mess in here" Yifan was trying so hard not to just spin himself around and kiss the boy but he was holding a number of plates and cups that he didn't want to get smashed. "Just let me clear up a bit first please?" Yixing paused for a moment until Yifan could feel him nodding his head against his back and his arms loosened just enough around Yifan's waist for him to pull away and carry on what he was doing. 

-~-~-~- 

Once Yifan had done all the tidying he thought was the necessary, the boys spent their evening watching TV. They would spark up conversation every now and again about something that they were reminded of while watching reruns of old sitcoms. 

At about 10:30, Yifan looked over to find Yixing with his eyes half closed while watching the TV and Yifan thought he could fall asleep any second. 

"Hey Yixing, come here" Yifan held out his hand to offer the space next to him. Yixing groggily lifted his head, still half asleep and lazily shuffled over to him, leaning his head on Yifan's legs while bringing his feet up to rest them on the couch. Yifan tucked his hand around Yixing's waist and he couldn't help thinking how right this felt. 

Yifan watched as Yixing's eyes began to close again as he had lost interest in the TV long ago, he looked like a little angel or a sleeping child. It wasn't long before Yifan was leaning his own head against the back of the couch and drifting off into his Yixing-filled dreams. 

-~-~-~- 

Yixing woke up but he felt like he hadn't been asleep at all, he was stiff all over and was about to jump up when he registered where he was. He sat up slowly and turned around to see Yifan, leaning against the back of the couch with his mouth hanging right open and Yixing resisted the urge to burst out laughing. Instead he moved forward in favour of sitting on Yifan's lap so his back was leaning against the armrest while having his legs spread out down the couch. He sat there for a moment, wondering how he had moved this much and not managed to wake Yifan up. It was when Yixing leaned his head against Yifan's chest that there was movement from the older boy. 

Yifan lifted his neck slowly to find Yixing, looking as innocent as ever sitting on his lap and staring scared into his eyes. But his expression immediately turned apologetic. 

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Yixing whispered, his eyes wide. 

"Don't worry about it" Yifan replied with a faint smile. He wrapped his hand around Yixing's waist and cupped his cheek with the other and pulled him in for a sweet kiss. 

Since their first kiss outside the school building, Yifan had felt nervous about kissing Yixing. There had only been one other occasion between then and now that they had kissed and Yixing had initiated that so Yifan felt that it wasn't on him. But there was nothing Yifan wanted more than to kiss his boyfriend. 

Yixing was the definition of perfect in Yifan's eyes although Yixing didn't see himself that way. Yixing felt uncomfortable being called "perfect" because he argued "no one is perfect" and Yifan would just have to nod and move on, but Yixing was perfect, perfect for Yifan. His dorky smile and dimple made Yifan blush every time he saw it, the way he played piano made his heart skip a beat and the way that Yixing looked at him sent shivers up his spine. Yifan couldn't really understand how a single person could make him feel like this, and he didn't understand how he had fallen for Yixing so deeply and so quickly but the only thing that he did understand was that he was most definitely in love with Zhang Yixing. 

Once they pulled away from their kiss, Yifan could see just for how tired Yixing was, his eyes were half closed and he had lazily slung his arms around Yixing's neck and curled his legs around so he could get into a better position for leaning on Yifan. Yixing tucked his head into Yifan's chest and Yixing could hear Yifan's heartbeat through his chest, which he was worried about because it was probably faster than a normal beating heart rate. Yixing thought nothing of it and settled for nuzzling even further into Yifan's chest and giving a contented sigh. 

"We can't sleep here" Yifan whispered into Yixing's ear, not wanting to make him too uncomfortable from his speaking voice. 

"Yes we can" Yixing mumbled into Yifan's collarbone. 

"If we're going to sleep anywhere then it should at least be in my bed" Yixing looked up quickly with a worried expression as he searched Yifan's eyes for an explanation. 

"What do you look so scared for?" Yifan chuckled as he Yixing's face once more to calm him down. 

"N-nothing" Yixing laughed slightly before hiding his face from Yifan as much as possible. 

And then Yifan was lifting him up bridal style. He somehow managed to turn the TV off with his foot pressing the off button on the remote that was resting on the table. Yixing was too scared to notice as he just clung to Yifan to prevent falling, he knew Yifan was strong but he didn't completely believe that Yifan could carry all of his weight. 

Despite his thoughts, Yifan managed to carry Yixing to his bedroom with no problems. Yifan laid Yixing's body gently down on the bed when Yixing opened his eyes and stared longingly at Yifan. Yixing buried himself under the covers while Yifan just lovingly admired how cute he was when he was swamped by the double duvet. When Yixing had finally sorted himself out, he looked to Yifan as if asking for something. Yifan read the message and carefully got into the bed beside him. Yifan wasted no time in shuffling over to Yixing and wrapping his arms around him, while Yixing nestled into his chest and rested his hands there. 

"Thank you" Yixing half-mumbled and half-whispered. He didn't know why he said it but it seemed strangely appropriate. 

"Shut up you weirdo" Yifan laughed as he pulled Yixing even closer, he was glad that he knew his way around his room enough to not have to turn the lights on when they entered the room, if he hadn't, Yixing would definitely be able to see the dark shade of pink on Yifan's cheeks. Yifan put his head as close to Yixing's as he possibly could and just stayed there to look into his eyes. Yixing was now feeling embarrassed because he was sure that, even though the room was dark, Yifan could see just how many more shades of pink his face had gotten. 

They stayed like that for about thirty seconds, just enjoying the others company and trying to match their breathing with the other. There was some kind of telepathy between the two, both knew that just lying there for the rest of time would be enough for the both of them. 

"I-" The rest of Yixing's sentence was lost into Yifan's school shirt and it was at this point that Yifan realised they were still wearing their uniforms but at this precise moment in time, he didn't really care. Although Yifan was pretty sure that Yixing was fidgeting more than normal. 

"What?" Yifan looked down at Yixing with a confused expression and brought up his hand to move Yixing's chin so that he was staring him into the eyes. "What did you say?" 

"I-I...Nevermind" 

"No, what is it?" 

"It's nothing, don't worry about it" 

"Tell me, Yixing" Yifan's expression had turned slightly harsher but Yixing could see remarkable amounts of concern in his face. 

"I- I- I love you" Yixing looked down away from Yifan and turned over so Yifan couldn't see his face. 

Yifan's mouth hung open as he looked at Yixing's back, amazed. Yixing had just confessed to him? Yifan smiled to himself, feeling a burst of confidence before moving over to Yixing and hugging him from behind. 

"I love you too" Yifan smiled as he felt Yixing settle back into his embrace and kissed him on the back of his neck.