Chapter 11

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

Joonmyeon instantly saw Yixing staring at him from across the room before saying goodbye to his friends and crossing the room towards him. Yixing's breath began to catch in his throat and he had difficulty breathing. He wanted to talk to Joonmyeon but he couldn't begin to think what to say. Yixing didn't have enough time to think before Joonmyeon was sitting down next to him. 

"Hey..." Joonmyeon said as he was twiddling his thumbs. 

"Hey..." Yixing couldn't bare to look at him. He'd by now gotten used to his slightly blurry vision without his glasses and using contacts instead. But this didn't have anything to do with his current situation. "I can't..." 

"Sorry?" Joonmyeon suddenly looked up and turned directly towards Yixing. 

"I can't..." 

"Can't what?" 

"Be...with you" 

Yixing was too afraid to look over, all he saw was Joonmyeon turning his face away and scrunching his face up like he was about to cry. 

"I was thinking you'd say that" Joonmyeon had looked up and was putting on his adorable smile, but Yixing could clearly see through his act. Yixing didn't want to speak anymore, he couldn't bare it, he couldn't bare the thought of hurting Joonmyeon this much. He'd finally become selfish enough to get what he really wanted and he was starting to  think that it was the wrong decision. 

"I'm sorry" Yixing bit his lip in preventing his tears from falling once more. 

"You do not need to be sorry" Joonmyeon grabbed Yixing's hands from under the table. "I was being hopeful and I shouldn't have been. I'm the one that should be sorry." 

There was a small pause. 

"But, I'd like to still see you, I want to collaborate with you, I want to make music with you, can we do that?" Joonmyeon looked so inspired by the idea, that his eyes sparkled. Yixing smiled, how could he decline? 

"I'd love to." Joonmyeon's smile got even wider which Yixing didn't believe was possible. Yixing's heart continued to throb at what Joonmyeon must be thinking. He'd put so many feelings towards Yixing which he had discarded. How could Yixing be so cold and heartless. But why did he feel like he was making the right decision. 

"I'll see you around okay?" Joonmyeon was getting up from his seat while letting go of Yixing's hands to give him a hard slap on the shoulder instead. "I've got some ideas for a classical and rock mashup that I think you'll like" Joonmyeon gives a wink before walking back over to his friends. 

Yixing couldn't quite believe Joonmyeon's reaction. He was so understanding and so obviously hurt that it made Yixing's heart bleed with guilt. He started to imagine himself in Joonmyeon's shoes, if Yifan had rejected him just like he had done...he wouldn't be able to keep himself sane. Yixing had no idea how long Joonmyeon had been having feelings for him but he didn't want to think about it. He didn't want to think that Joonmyeon felt what Yixing felt for Yifan. 

Before Yixing's thoughts could run away with themselves he got up and headed for the form room. 

-~-~-~- 

Yixing was heading back to the form room when strong hands grabbed his shoulders and pushed him out the nearest door to the car park. The hands kept a firm grip and pushed him against the side wall of the school so no one from any windows could see them. Yixing closed his eyes, it was Sehun. He knew it. It was Sehun who was going to do his worst. Sehun who was going to beat him to a pulp. 

"You can't even look at Sehun anymore, do you hear me?" The voice was only small in Yixing's ear but he recognised it instantly. Yifan. 

Yixing slowly opened his eyes to see a worried stare from Yifan. 

"Why?" Yixing was confused, why was Yifan looking so scared and concerned? 

"I-...I stood up for you...they...they were threatening to hurt you again a-and I couldn't take it." Yixing furrowed his brows as he saw Yifan so something he had never witnessed or thought he would witness. Cry. 

Yifan rested his head on the brick wall next to Yixing's head. 

"I'm so sick of feeling like this." Yifan was sobbing into the wall and Yixing could feel his tears falling onto his shirt. "I'm so sick of having to pretend I like you." Yifan was starting to make ugly noises into the wall and Yixing's shoulder but Yixing couldn't even register them as ugly. If Yixing stood there a second longer he would have cried himself but he lifted his hands to wrap them around Yifan's neck. 

"You didn't have to do that for me" Yixing swallowed hard as he said this. It was the only thing that would stop him from crying. 

Yifan moved his head from the wall to look Yixing directly in the eyes. 

"I did, I really did...because I was afraid of what they might do to you" Yixing still had his hands firmly wrapped around Yifan's neck and he knew he didn't want to let go, not after everything he'd said. 

Yifan was looking deep into Yixing's eyes and Yixing was pretty sure that he could read his mind. And he did. 

Yifan was leaning even closer to Yixing's face, while fluttering his gaze from Yixing's eyes to his lips and back again. Yixing couldn't do anything but freeze and watch as Wu Yifan was leaning even closer to him before their foreheads were resting against each other and their lips were mere centimetres apart. 

Yifan's tears were slowing but were now falling directly onto Yixing's cheeks. Yifan lifted his hand and cupped Yixing's face and sighed while closing his eyes. 

"I love you, Yixing." 

Their lips met. 

A few seconds later Yixing finally managed to collect his feelings and close his eyes. He was confused but overwhelmingly happy. So overwhelmingly happy. Yifan's tears were now falling more steadily onto Yixing's cheeks and now his own tears were mixing with Yifan's. Yixing wrapped his arms even tighter around Yifan's neck and stood on his toes of his feet to reach Yifan better. Yifan used his other hand to wrap around Yixing's waist to pull them closer together. 

Yixing eventually needed to breathe in an attempt to stop his tears and pulled away, only to have Yifan resting their foreheads together again. 

"Yes" Yixing practically whispered. 

"What?" Yifan's tears were stopped in their tracks and looked worriedly at Yixing. 

"Yes, I'll go out with you" Yixing looked down and blushed at the thought of how corny he must sound. But Yifan only softly held his chin to bring up his face in order to kiss him again. 


------------------------------

A/N: First Kray kiss!!! 

How did I do guys?? ;) 

But in other news, this fic is drawing to a close :( I hope to wrap things up in the next couple of chapters! But don't worry I already have something planned that this related to this fic so keep a look out :)