Chapter 1

Yixing and his way-out-of-his-league-and-bad-boy-crush

Yixing spent most of his days at school sitting at his desk silently as he did his homework, he didn’t bother anyone and in return he didn’t expect anyone to bother him. That wasn’t too much to ask right? 

Yixing had come into his form room for lunch after an intense morning of Further Maths classes and had sat at his desk. The rest of the room was loud and chaotic as normal, it was fairly average to see classmates having mini water fights across the room. When Yixing was normal the moving target. Yixing never felt the need to complain, he was happy in the life he was living and his large glasses normally prevented any damage from happening anyway.

Yixing had held two people in his form close since he had started at school and they were the cutest couple in the year, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. These two had been through hell and back in their relationship but Yixing thought that at this precise moment in time they couldn’t look any happier. The both of them had just walked through the form room door after their shared class of Geography (they share all their subjects and classes together) and they were holding each other’s hands while having their backpacks slung across their backs. Baekhyun and Chanyeol (or Baekyeol as they were otherwise known) were laughing as always, probably about how Chanyeol had gotten into trouble in the class before, while taking their usual seats opposite Yixing.

“Yixing! The funniest thing happened in Geography!” Baekhyun said with a smile, still holding Chanyeol’s hand.

“Oh really?” Yixing replied with a fake smile as he looked at the sandwich in his hands. He doesn’t know how many of these stories he had heard by now. He loved both Baekhyun and Chanyeol dearly but he couldn’t help feeling jealous of how close they were. Yixing had always wanted to be as close with someone as Baekhyun and Chanyeol were with each other, he couldn’t help thinking that nothing like that would ever happen.

“Yeah so, me and Chanyeol…” Baekhyun continued to tell his story, however Yixing had decided to do his normal act of not listening and nodded every once in a while to make it look like he was.

10 minutes later, Baekhyun had finally finished his story after having broken into giggling a number of times. Yixing smiled, looking up from his now finished sandwich for the first time this lunchtime, clearly showing his dimple on his right cheek.

Baekhyun looked at him quizzically while Chanyeol stared at him in disbelief.

“Yixing, are you okay? You look a bit pale?” Chanyeol asked with a caring expression on his face.

“Yeah, I’m fine honestly, I think I just need to go to the auditorium” Yixing remarked as his smile faded.

“You spend so much time there Yixing, you should try and meet some more people, and we’re not going to be around to look after you forever you know?” Baekhyun chimed in.

“I know, but you’re here right now so what’s the problem?” Yixing’s smile returned and flashed his teeth as his glasses rose on his face due to his large cheeks. He got up from his seat and turned to leaves the room as two goodbyes were shouted from Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Yixing was opening the door to leave when he turned back to give one last look to Baekhyun who was now sitting on Chanyeol’s lap and leaning down for a kiss. Yixing knew how fast things could go in the Baekyeol relationship so he left before things got too graphic.

Yixing was making his usual trip down to the school’s auditorium where he liked to go in his spare time. There was a piano centre stage where Yixing would let of his steam. It was the easiest way he could think of to express his emotions. He found it hard talking to people as it is so the piano was a way for Yixing’s voice to be heard…without his voice being heard.

He was disrupted from his happy thoughts by a hard whack on his left shoulder. And suddenly there were voices in his ear. Shouting voices in his ear.