2 ~ Speed of Light

New Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 ~ Speed of Light

~Terra~

Sungjong placed a hand on his head, wondering where he was.  This was not the Hostel he was staying at, but someplace more rugged and unsanitary, by the looks of it.  Sungjong bit his lip as he tried to remember the past few hours, but the only thing he retain information for was why he came to Terra. He knew he had a lead, but Sungjong could no longer remember what it was. Everything from when he arrived on this horrible planet until now was a blur.  The last thing he could recall was a dark alley.  Sungjong sat up slowly sat up, taking in his surroundings, it was not as unsanitary as he previously thought. 

Where am I?

"Good, your awake..." A tiny girl smile as she walked into the room with a tray of food in her hand.  She slowly made her way over to the bed Sungjong was laying on.  Soojung knew that there was something strange about this man, but she was not one to pry in someone's personal business, it was their business, not hers.

Sungjong looked at the girl and reached to grab something, but he could not find anything to defend himself. "Who are you? Where am I?"  Sungjong panicked.   How was Woohyun going to find him now.  He did not even know how to contact the older male.

"I'm Lee Soojung, but everyone around here calls me Baby Soul."

"Baby Soul? That is a strange name."  Sungjong placed a hand on his forehead and noticed that there was a bandaged there. "Do you know what happened to me?"

"You hit your head."

"It does not take an idiot to figure that one out. Why did your unnie bring me here?"  Sungjong asked.

"Because it is the safest place here. It is not safe on the streets for anyone.  People are not as nice as they used to be, it is like the world has become contaminated. It is very hard to explain.  You are not from around here, are you?"

"You can say that." Sungjong bit his lip as he stared at the girl.  He was unsure if this girl could see through his façade.  "Where is this unnie of yours I would like to thank her for saving my life."

"She is out right now..." Soojung said as she placed the tray on Sungjong's bedside table.  She did not want to give this young man to much information about Mina.  There was something about Sungjong that she did no trust quite yet.  It was like he was hiding something.

"I have a few questions for her, and I also want to thank her for helping me." Sungjong said as he stared at the food.  He was debating whether he should eat it or not.  

"Don't worry, it is not poisoned, if that is what you are thinking." Soojung crossed her arms.

"I was not thinking that. I am just not that hungry." Sungjong said as his stomach growled.

"Sure, you're not." Soojung sighed.  "You need to eat and drink something.  You did not look to good when Mina unnie brought you here."

"So, my saviors name is Mina?"

"I was not supposed to tell you that..."  Soojung placed a hand against her head and sighed deeply.

"It's not your fault, Miss. Soojung. I was prying for information.  I am sorry if I did anything to get you in trouble."

"Why are you being so formal?'

"It was how I was brought up. Is there something wrong with my speech?" Sungjong asked.

"People do not talk like that anymore." Soojung stared at Sungjong, noticing that his contact moved, revealing an eye color that was abnormal for people to have on Earth, "Where are you really from.  People on Earth don't talk like that anymore."

"What makes you think I am not from Earth?" Sungjong asked, raising an eyebrow.

Soojung sighed deeply, leaning forward.  "Your contact moved, and..." Soojung bit her lip, leaning closer to Sungjong's ear.  "Your necklace reminds me of unnies necklace that she carries around with her.  There is a charm on it that has the planetary symbol for Earth on it.  When I asked her about it she told me it was a gift from her mother before she died."                                 

"Gaea is dead?" Sungjong asked.

"You know Mina's mother?"

~Neptune~

Hoya hurried down the hall, looking for his father.  He needed to talk to him immediately about the strange feeling he was getting.

"Prince Howon, you cannot go in there right now!" Nereid said as he blocked Hoya from entering his father, Poseidon's office door. 

"And why the hell not?" Hoya asked as the room slowly got colder.  He did not understand why he was not allowed in his father's office.  He was never blocked like this before.

"Because Cronus, King of Saturn is in there discussing something of immense importance with your father.  He asked not to be disturbed."  Nereid said as he looked at the prince, hoping her would understand.

"Are you sure my father is not asking you to keep out unwanted visitors from our planets surrounding moons?"

"I'm sure he means everyone." Nereid said sternly.

Hoya rolled his eyes and glared at Nereid.  "Am I allowed to ask you a question or are you sworn to secrecy?"

"I am allowed to answer your questions, my prince, but if anyone else asks, I have to deny them."

"Is Sungjong with King Cronus?" Hoya asked, hoping that Nereid would say yes, but by the look on his face, Sungjong was not with his father.  "Don't tell me Sungjong is on Terra."

"Prince Sungjong went to Terra to investigate why the planet has been slowly dying. He was supposed to make contact yesterday when he arrived, but no one has been able to get in touch with him.  King Cronus believes something may have happened to his son. "

"Did he go alone?" Hoya asked.

"I believe so, my prince." Nereid answered.

"Why the hell would they allow him to go alone?  It is too dangerous for him to be on a planet he lacks knowledge about. I think something happened to Sungjong, I must talk to my father and King Cronus immediately.  If you do not step aside Nereid, I am afraid I am going to have to freeze you." Hoya held up his hand, to threaten his father's advisor, but the door to Poseidon's office open.

"I thought I heard your voice, my son. Please come in." Poseidon said as he sighed deeply.

~Mercury~

Myungsoo could barely keep his eyes open.  The meeting he was forced to attending was extremely boring, and the matters they were discussing were about was something he lacked interest in, helping souls find their new home as stars. Most people did not know that Mercury was a planet that helps guide the lost souls find a new home as stars in the Milky Way Galaxy.   

Myungsoo had no interested in being the grim reaper.  He hated the thought of death and being a messenger is something he did not want to do for the rest of his life.  He wanted to amount to more.  Myungsoo yawned and was about to fall asleep again when his father shouted his name.

"KIM MYUNGSOO, WAKE UP!"

Myungsoo jolted awake and looked at his father, Hermes who was glaring at him with his cold, deadly eyes.  "Father..."  The same eyes that his father bestowed upon him. 

"Are the insides of your eyelids more entertaining than learning how to guide souls to become stars?"  Hermes asked.

"They are entertaining!"

"Kim Myungsoo..."

"What?" Myungsoo crossed his arms and looked at his father. "Do you have a problem with me not wanting to deal with ghost for the rest of my life? They creep me out and I do not need any more nightmares than I already have."

Hermes sighed deeply, he knew he could not force his son into this business.   He did not want his only son to be unhappy.  "Then what do you want to do for the rest of your life my son?"

"I don't know yet..." Myungsoo bit his lip.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter