13 ~ Gravity~

New Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 ~ Gravity~

~ Terra ~

Soojung was sitting on the counter in the kitchen watching Woohyun cook dinner for everyone. There was so much she wanted to say to him, but she bit her tongue, getting in an argument with Nam Woohyun was not the wisest idea. 

“I know that you are glaring at me!” Woohyun sighed.

“Good, I am not too happy with you right now, Nam Woohyun.  These things could have been prevented if you did not see that .”  Soojung crossed her arms. “Mijoo has told me stories about how vile and deluded Tatiana is. To think she is going to marry you. Who would want to marry you? You’re an idiot.”

“Yah, I am not an idiot. If I could, I would marry myself!” Or Mina, but that is probably not going to happen. She is destined to be with Sunggyu hyung, but until that happens, I am going to continue loving her.  Woohyun bit his lip “So you and Juliet are friends? I did not know that!”

“Yes, we are friends. As you know, my family is of nobility, and I do speak with other nobles from other planets. Even though I have a purpose on Earth doesn’t mean I don’t know anything.”

“Of course, you do, Soojunggie is so social. I never knew you liked to gossip.”

“Stop trying to change the subject. We need to discuss how your actions caused trouble. If you were where you were supposed to be, Myungsoo would not be in a coma, Mina would not have faced her father and have her nightmares resurface. Do you know how dangerous Iris is? He is well versed in the art of manipulation.”

“I know that bastard is well versed in the art of manipulation. When I arrived, he was trying to brainwash Mina into doing things she would regret later.  He had his grimy hands on her. He should not be allowed to touch her. He should not be around to go near her, not after what he has done.” Woohyun slammed his fist on the counter. He wasn’t one to get angry, but after he read that report, he found it difficult to be calm.

Soojung flinched.  She has never seen Woohyun this angry before. “What do you know?”

“I did my research after Mina mentioned her father was not a good man! What he did to Gaea and Mina is disgusting and should have never happened!  He has no right to touch her. Mars knew this was going on but did not do anything to prevent these tragic events.”

“Mars did not know!”

“Keep telling yourself that Soojung! King Ares knew. He did not get involved because of dire circumstances involving Gyu hyung.  He does not know that we know of the prophecy involving hyung and Mina! That he wants to keep hyung and Mina away from each other because he is scared that he is going to lose his heir.” Woohyun glared at Soojung, “How something so important was kept from the other planets.”

“What prophecy?”

“Do you really not know?”

“I know nothing of this prophecy you speak of! Do you know what is in it?” Soojung questioned.

“I do not know the full details of the prophecy; I just know it exist and involved Gyu hyung and Mina.”

“If you do not know the details then it doesn’t exist. My father would have informed me of this since my main mission is to protect the Princess of Earth.”

“Do you really think your father would tell you about the prophecy? Information involving the heirs are kept under lock in key.  Something like this is not vital to your job to protect the Princess. You are doing a terrible job at protecting her by the way.”

“I was doing find until you showed up, you dumb tree!”  Soojung eyes flared red.   She was having difficulty controlling her anger.  Nam Woohyun knew how to get under her skin.  It did not help that she was already angry at herself for letting Pluto invade her mind, and distracting her while someone targeted Mina.

“Will you two shut up!” Sunggyu growled as he entered the room, rubbing his eyes.  “Soojung, calm down.  I know your upset, but you need to remain calm. I do not want you to strain yourself. You are still recovering.”

Soojung blushes and she looked away from Sunggyu as he entered the room. She was embarrassed that she lost control in front of him.

“Hyung, your awake!”

“Of course, I’m awake, who can sleep with all your shouting. It’s annoying!” Sunggyu crossed his arms, “As for what happened, I am not going to blame anyone.  I know Myungsoo can be stubborn and he tends to act before he thinks things through. There are days I wish he did not pick up on that family trait. As for Mina, we knew she snuck out. I sense she was upset about something, but I did not confront her on it since I know she is not to fond of me. I am glad Myungsoo was able to track her aurora because if we did not get there in time, Mina would be in the hands of her father and the dwarf planets.” Sunggyu crossed his arms.

“Hyung…”

Sunggyu held up his hand and continued “We decided to split up since we knew Mina and Soojung got separated.  Dongwoo insisted on going after Mina and I allowed it. They are related and he feels responsible for Mina and her safety.” Sunggyu looked towards Soojung. “I went after Soojung because she of Mars nobility and is my responsibility. Protecting my people is important to me, even though I may not agree with the decisions they make.”

“How many times do I need to tell you that I am sorry that I went along with going clubbing with unnie.  She told me she would forgive me if I went with her. I did not know she was planning on doing a job for that man again.”

“I may not agree with the decision, but I am glad you were with Mina. As for that job, I think it was offered to her to lure Mina to her father.”  Sunggyu sighed as he sat down on the stool next to the counter Soojung was sitting on.  He ran his hand through his hair. He was frustrated with everything that happened.

“Oppa, you really should rest.”

“I’m fine Soojunggie. How are you feeling?” Sunggyu looked at her, “Did Pluto do anything to you before I arrived?”

“Other than try to invade my mind, no. I feel better than I did yesterday. I never got to thank you for saving me.”

“You do not need to thank me. I will always look out for you Soojung.”

“I do, if you and Sungyeol oppa didn’t arrive when you did, I would probably be dead.  That man…” Soojung hugged herself, “he knows how to get in your head.” Tears started to stream down her face.  She could no longer put on an act.

Sunggyu rose to his feet and placed two hands on Soojung shoulders, pulling her into a hug.  “You don’t have to pretend to be strong in front of me. I know what Pluto is capable of. I know he is a master of getting under people’s skin. I am not going to allow him to harm you again.  If he tries, I won’t hesitate to kill him. I promise.”

“Hyung…” Woohyun looked at Sunggyu comfort Soojung. He felt guilty arguing with her, and knew she was right about Tatiana.  That she was manipulative, but he was too nice to reprimand her.

“We will talk later Woohyun ah.”

Sungyeol changed the cold, wet cloth on Myungsoo’s forehead.  The kid still had a slight fever. 

“How is he doing?” Sungjong asked as he looked at Myungsoo’s sleeping figure.  He has heard from Hoya that Eris tortured Myungsoo in the most gruesome way possible.  To take water away from Myungsoo made Sungjong cringe.  Water was like a lifeline to him. 

“He still has a slight fever, but mentally he is exhausted, and he feels like he is a failure.”  Sungyeol sat down in the chair by the bed.  “His skin is back to normal.  There were cracks in it when Hoya brought him in. That bastard Eris tried drain the water from Myungsoo’s body.”

Sungjong sighed, “things are only going to get worse.”

“Hey kid, try not to be so negative.” Sungyeol sighed, “everyone’s emotions are all over the place and it’s exhausting.”

“Sorry…” Sungjong bit his lip. He forgot that Sungyeol could feel everything that they were feeling. He could tell that Sungyeol was.

“It’s fine, I just feel overwhelmed right now. Soojung is having an emotion breakdown. Woohyun is angry. Sunggyu hyung is surprisingly calm for once.  I never thought I would see the day that he is album.  Hoya is always calm. Dongwoo hyung is annoyed.  He never is liked that.  He is always positive and happy.”

“How am I feeling?”

“You are worried.” Sungyeol looked at Sungjong.  “I don’t blame you for feeling worried.  The past few days have been rought.”

“You two need to go back to Jupiter and not get involved. I know my father is concerned, but he needs to allow us to handle this.  We are the future rulers of the galaxy and need to be able to face these challenges.” Dongwoo crossed his arms and looked Jangjun and Tag.

“We understand, but we must remain on Earth!” Jangjun answered. “We will remain in the shadows.”

“We promise not to get in the way, Prince Dongwoo.” Tag answered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter