CHAPTER 14

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14

 

married life 8.0: my wish

 

Chaerin gasped.

“Really?? a girl?” Jiyong couldn’t hide his excitement and so the cameras captured that precious moment of the couple.

“Congratulation.” Dr. Park shook Jiyong’s hand.

“Thank you!” he bowed.

“I wonder what will you asked me.” Chaerin smiled.

“You don’t seem upset about the fact that you loose.” Jiyong .

“Are you kidding? I’d have a daughter. The only disappointment is I didn’t get the change to have my own Yacht and Rolls Royce.”

Jiyong rubbed Chaerin’s bump. “Hey baby girl. Be pretty like your mom, okay? But please have my personalities and be smart like me.”

“YA!” Chaerin gave him a sharp gaze.

“I’m just kidding, Chae, lets go home.” He hold Chaerin’s hand.

.

“We’ll have a daughter!” Jiyong called Youngbae on their way home.

“Daughter? Wow! That would be… cute!” he said. “Can I be the Godfather?”

“I’ll think about it.” Jiyong pretended to think.

“Ya! who else you have in your mind?”

“I don’t know, maybe Seungri.” Jiyong chuckled.

“Ji, Seungri will date her instead.”

“I’d kill him if he did that!”

“Man, you have a daughter. It means that you have to invest in a shotgun.”

“For what?” Jiyong asked.

“Just in case your daughter in love with a wrong guy.” Youngbae laughed.

“Okay, I’ll buy one later. But you gotta buy shovel and prepare some alibis for us. Just in case that guy is missing.” Jiyong and Youngbae laughing on their pathetic joke.

“Anyway, please invite me for brunch this weekend, man. I just finished a mini show in Japan and China, I don’t really have anything to do.”

“Hm…” Jiyong thinking. “You can come only if you bring a girlfriend, not a date but a girlfriend.”

Youngbae laughing, “okay, that’s not a problem, because I have one.”

“Seriously??”

 

__________

 

The day before.

Dara stoned, she didn’t know what to say.

“Are you… okay?” Youngbae asked.

“Are you drunk?” she asked.

“No. I don’t easily get drunk.”

“Then why you asking me a bizarre question like that?” she asked again.

“Bizarre?? What so bizarre about asking you to date me?”

“Well…” she inhaled, “why you want me to date you?”

“Because I like you, I told you so many times that you always cross my mind, and I think that’s a symptom of having a crush.”

Dara blushed. “How can you said it without hesitation…”

“Why hesitating when I feel sure about it?”

“But—I can’t.”

“State two things why I can’t be with you.”

Dara looked away.

“You don’t know anything about me.” Dara said.

“You never give me chance.” He said, “but at least I can trust person who loves wine.”

“That’s it? You’ll be in love with every sommelier out there.”

Youngbae shook his head, “Why?”

Again. He asked the same question like before. Dara sighed. There’s an urge to push him again, push him way further but she’s afraid that if she do so this time, he will leave forever. She knew its probably the time where she has to open her heart.

“Youngbae,” she said. “I don’t hate you, I just can’t be with you because you’re an idol.”

“I heard that before, you hate ‘our kind’.” He said, “but I can’t understand unless you explain to me. What ‘idol’ do wrong to you? What makes ‘idol’ not good enough for you?”

Dara shook her head, “listen, I dated an idol four years a go and I got hurt.”

Youngbae waiting for further explanation but Dara didn’t say anything. “that’s it?” he asked. “that’s it??”

“What do you mean with ‘that’s it’?”

“I mean you’re in a relationship with an idol, and you broke up and you got hurt. Right?” Youngbae tried to re-justified. Dara nodded. “and you hate idol because you broke up with an idol.”

“It’s not as simple as—“

“Wait.” Youngbae cut her. “this is so unfair. Think about if you were dating an actor or accountant or a regular man with moustache. Would you hate them?”

Dara shook her head. “No, idol made me trauma because they basically have the same thing that frightening me up. Fans.” She said.

Youngbae started to understand where this is going.

“We were together since he was a trainee. And after he debuted, we still dating for around one year, everything went well except for one thing. His fans. We kept our relationship off the ground but somehow fans found out about what they call ‘secret girlfriends’ and they start digging information about me. They couldn’t find anything important, of course, but even without knowing who exactly I am, the fans started dissing me and my ex started feel insecure. He didn’t stand for me yet he started to avoid me, he obviously choose his new life. I’m hurt but I try to be fine and understand, but then he left me. Just like that.”

“He choose his career over you?”

“I don’t mind with that, the thing is, he’s too afraid that he might loose fans because of me. He can choose his career over me, I don’t care. But at least be there for me when the fans dissing me. He didn’t even bother to comfort me at all, he just disappear.” she looked away tried to remember yet to push all the pain she once had. “and the fans of idols… they’re… they’re—“

“Scary, right?” Youngbae said.

“I won’t say that. For me, they’re like detectives. And I believe, if I compare my ex to you, he only have less than half of number of fans you have.” Dara sighed, “now you understand why I’m avoiding you and ‘your kind’ right?”

“Not all fans are scary, Dara, many of them are a supportive fans.”

“I believe so.” Dara shrugged, “its just… I’m sad whenever I saw a fanwar.”

“All we can do is pretend not knowing what happened..” Youngbae reach Dara’s hand. “Thanks for explaining it to me.”

Dara smiled.

“I know your fear now, but let me proof to you that I can be a different idol than your ex.”

“I’m afraid.”

“We’ll take it slow, I can’t promise you that no one will hurt you, but I can assure that its not me who’s gonna hurt you.”

Dara heavily sighed.

“Give me one chance, Dara.” He said, “Please.”

Dara looking at pair of eyes in front of her and nodded.

 

__________

 

Its weekend but Chaerin wake up early to prepare for the brunch they will have later. Jiyong and Chaerin invited youngbae and his new girlfriend. They didn’t know yet who is it.

Chaerin back into the bedroom after giving ahjumma the briefs of menus and she was get ready to take shower when Jiyong woke up.

“Chae,” Jiyong called her. “Come here.” He patted the space beside him.

Chaerin sat there. “What?”

“I wanna say good morning to my baby girl.” He reached Chaerin’s bump.

“She was kicking me really hard this morning.”

“Really?” Jiyong giggling, “hey baby, why kicking mommy? Are you hungry?”

“Oh-oh, feel that? She’s kicking again.”

Jiyong put both of his hands, “where? Where?”

Both of them giggling because the baby girl show some little movements.

“Ji, I knew since the start that we’re having a girl” Chaerin said.

“Really? how?”

“I just knew,” she shrugged. “like some kind of feeling. It keeps telling me that it’s a girl.”

“Then why you’re betting for a boy?” Jiyong asked.

“Because I want you to win

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter