CHAPTER 5

marriage 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

 

Marriage life 3.0: mother-in-law

 

“Chae, my mom will spend the weekend here.” Jiyong said to Chaerin when they had breakfast. “She’ll be here on Friday afternoon.

“Okay.” She ate a spoon-full of oatmeal.

“But I’ll be working this Saturday.”

“Me too.” She said.

“You too?”

She drink her milk, “I have a one day shooting for a TV commercial.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I tell you now.”

“I told you not to work during the pregnancy.”

“You said ‘during the first trimester’.”

“No! I said the whole pregnancy!” Jiyong put down his fork.

“Oh! Are you trying to kill me with boredom?”

“Where’s the set? How long? Who is the producer? What brand?”

“Should i give you my manager’s number, he got all the answer.”

“I’m serious here, Chae.”

“Do you think I was kidding?”

“You can do the shot only if its indoor or at a studio.”

“But—“

“No but.” He said.

“Wow. You’re amazing, my father should learn how to be a resentful father from you.” She scoffed.

“Two more things.” Jiyong continued.

“What?”

“First, please accompany my mom during her stay.”

“What??”

“And second, we gotta stay at the same bedroom.”

“What???”

“Can you say something else other than ‘what’?”

“Like what?” she grinned.

 

Jiyong’s mother came at Friday afternoon, she will stay until Sunday, Mr. Kwon will pick her up.

Chaerin, Jiyong and his mom sat on the terrace at his backyard, enjoying their afternoon tea.

“Mom, I’ll be working tomorrow and Chaerin have a commercial shooting, but she will be home earlier than me because the shot will be quick, right?” he looking at Chaerin.

She nodded, “I hope so.”

“But what about the pregnancy?”

“I feel fine.” Chaerin smiled.

“I know, dear, but what about the baby? Maybe you can force yourself, but do you know the limit for your baby?”

“Mother,” Chaerin said, “it will be fine.” She smiled as softly as possible.

Mrs. Kwon put a little smile then shrugged, “well, you surely knows your baby the best.” She bitterly said. “I’m gonna prepare dinner for us.”

Jiyong nervously exhale.

 

Jiyong came to his room after they finished the dinner. Chaerin was already there before him.

“I left my hair brush in my room, I also left my phone charger, my face soap, night cream. Argh! I don’t know why I should move to your room, I thought your mother will use that room, but turns out she use the guest room upstairs.” She mumbled.

“Do you think its normal for a married couple to stay in two different rooms?” Jiyong asked.

She stops.

“Here’s my brush, use it if you want, I also have a phone charger, since our phone is similar so I think you could use it.” Jiyong said.

“Well,” she said, “I’m gonna take my face soap and night cream then…”

Jiyong nodded.

Chaerin just went out from her room when suddenly Mrs. Kwon going down the stairs.

“Chae, what are you doing in that room?” she asked.

“I… uh…” she blankly looking at the face soap and night cream in her hand. “Just… this…” she didn’t know what to say, she just showed her the soap and cream.

“Is that yours? Why is your cosmetics in that bedroom?” Mrs. Kwon face is a bit confuse.

“Yeah… its because, sometimes Jiyong use the bathroom in our room too long, so I usually go to the bathroom in this room.”

“Oh… I see. Cute newlywed…” she chuckled. “when you already married for some years like me and Ji’s father, you wouldn’t care if he’s doing his ‘business’ in the bathroom, if you need to wash your face or brush your teeth, you just go in.” she said.

Chaerin awkwardly laughed, “Yeah, maybe later. Hahaha.”

 

Chae going back to Jiyong's room, she was surprised to see Jiyong was almost .

She screamed.

"FOR GOD SAKE LEE CHAERIN!!" Jiyong yelled, "what the heck???"

"Why don't you change your clothes inside your dressing room?"

"Why should i?"

Chaerin turn around to avoid him, "wear your clothes! hurry."

Jiyong laughed, "why is it always a problem if i took my clothes off? am i make you turn on that bad?" he .

"Oh shut up."

He laughed and wear his pajamas. "sorry, sorry."

She scoffed. "anyway, which side you usually sleep?"

"The left side." he said.

"Great! i'm usually at the right side."

"Why?"

"Because girl always right." she winked.

"So funny." he get into the bed.

Chaerin also get into the bed after finished using her night cream. She tried to make herself comfortable but actually its awkward for her. but she pretended to be cool because Jiyong seems cool about this.

"Chae."

"Ji."

they said it together.

"Yes?" they said it together again.

"You go first." They almost say it together again when Chaerin choose to stop at 'you'.

"Well, uh..." she said. "i'm moving around when sleeping, so, i might bother you a bit."

"i know, this is not the first time i'm sleeping beside you."

"Oh, right." she said, "what were you going to say?"

"I snore when i'm tired."

"Oh..." she nodded. "its okay, i'm not a light sleeper, so i guess it won't bother me."

"Good then." he said.

"Yes, good then." she repeated.

"Uh... okay... well... good night."

Chaerin nodded. this surely not the first time they sleep side to side, but this is the first time they sleep in the same bed, sober.

 

__________

 

“Yo, Chaerin!” Dara answer the phone. Chaerin called her during the break of her CF shooting.

“Dara-ya… I’m stress!”

“Why?”

“My mother-in-law spent the weekend at home.”

“Isn’t she a nice person?” Dara asked.

“I thought she was, but I feel like she’s watching me. she seems doesn’t really like if I’m working. Now I feel burden.”

“She just cared too much about your health, Chae.”

“I know my limit.”

“Yeah, but she’s more experience than you about pregnancy. Use this chance to ask her anything you don’t understand about being mother.”

 “I don’t want to… everytime I talk to her, I feel like she’s judging me.”

“You’re just too sensitive! Since when you care if people judging you? You even stay being a partygoer even if some haters keep badmouthing you.”

Chaerin thinking, “you right, I wasn’t care about my image too much. But this is different, this is about my mother-in-law.”

“So, you wanna look good infront of her?”

“What? Nooo… ah! You don’t understand. Well, anyway, we can’t go for a date tonight, I should be home eating dinner with her and Jiyong.”

“Who asked you for a date??”

“Hahaha, Dara-ssi, I was just being considerate, since my bestfriend is a single lady.” Chaerin laughing.

“Do you think I’ll be home alone and sad just because I’m single? No-no-no.”

“You have a date tonight?? With whoooo?”

“Ya! Chaerin, I don’t—“ she stopped when she heard her phone rang. “Wait, my phone ringing, usually its from the receptionist downstairs told me that I have guest or mails. I’ll call you later, Chae.” Dara hung up the cellphone.

 

 

Chaerin also hung the phone and lied down in her chair.

Suddenly her assistant pointing at the door. Mrs. Kwon was there. Good thing Chaerin already ended her phone conversation with Dara.

“Mother?”

“Hi, Chaerin, I was shopping around here and Jiyong said that you’re in this studio for syuting, so I came.” She said. “I bought vitamin drink for the crews.”

“Ah, really you don’t have to.” Chaerin’s assistant politely bowed when Mrs. Kwon gave her one drink. Then she walked around to give anyone the drink.

“Whoa, Chaerin-ssi, you’re really adorable, even the mother-in-law came visit you.” The PD compliment her.

“It’s because she’s pregnant now, so I need to check her condition.” Mrs. Kwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter