The First Day [첫날]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM- 느낌이 와, 나비 [click here]

"Leo, what should I do? I've never felt so alone in my whole entire life..." Hanseul said as she petted his ears. 

Leo frowned. *You still have me.*

Hanseul sighed as she fell on her bed. Who exactly was she? A princess, apparently. Well, she had been raised as one, but she never felt like one because the only people that addressed her as princess were her tutors, and she never took them seriously. Now the fact that she was actually representing a nation hit her like a ton of bricks when she had never even visited that nation before. She couldn't believe the days she had always been dreaming about had finally came. The problem was.. she was too busy dreaming about them to prepare for them. 

"I'm afraid... What if I bring our whole race down? For god's sake, how do I even represent them when I don't even-- ugh!" She said as she flipped her hair. 

Leo shifted back into human form, and sat on the edge of the bed next to her. "Baek Hanseul. This is what your lessons were for. Use them. I know you remember everything. They did this so you would be prepared... when you came back." 

Hanseul looked up. "You knew I was coming back..." She trailed off in suspicion.

Leo scoffed. "You're the only one that thought you weren't. You claimed yourself the banished princess anyways." 

Hanseul her side, facing away from him. "Psh, it seemed like it at the time. Why was I raised on earth then? The war? Why wasn't I ever allowed to visit? Heck, I'm still not allowed to set foot on my own nation, even now. Why am I a princess if I can't enter my own kingdom?" She backfired, mumbling. 

Leo's eyes softened. "You're not thinking hard enough, Hanseul-ah. Go to sleep." He said as he petted her hair. Leo stood up to leave to his own room. Usually, Leo slept around in cat form around her, but the princes were unaware of that and offered him a room. 

Hanseul's eyes widened in panic. "No, no, Leo..." She whined. 

Leo turned around. "Yes, princess?" He said mockingly. 

She rolled her eyes playfully, but Leo could still see the fear and uncertainty take over them. "Stay with me, just for tonight. Don't make me feel even more alone." 

Leo shifted into his true feline form, an ocelot; he was a little bigger than the size of a hyena in his dominant form. 

Meanwhile, the princes were relaxing in the common room. Kai materialized from nowhere with a smirk on his face. "Damn, I'm actually not sure who she's with. That Leo guy still hasn't left her room and that other blonde guy was all over her when we left." He didn't want either of his assumptions to be true. Somehow, Kai's heart clenched at the thought of the werecat princess already belong to someone else. 

Suho narrowed his eyes. "Yah, don't snoop on our guest. Mind your own business." Suho pretended not to care even though it sort of bothered him. It bothered all of them. They all couldn't help it; they felt that same mutual attraction. 

Kai shrugged. "Am I the only one that thought she was hot?" He said looking around his own brothers. 'Hot' didn't even begin to describe what he saw in her, but he didn't want to acknowledge that she had so much power over him with one glance.

"I thought she was cute." Xiumin said with a hand, earning a glare from Kris. "What? I did." Xiumin said innocently. 

Kai high-fived him as they laughed. 

Baekhyun laughed at their stupidity. "Okay, I did too, but let's be realistic guys. The poor girl's been raised on earth and she has no idea what's going on. Werecat princess and werewolf alpha? I think that blonde dude was her fiance. He and that other guy, Leo, both are so overprotective of her. They coddle her to no end." Although Baekhyun had good points, the boys didn't want to acknowledge them. 

What was Hanseul's relationship with the two men? They wanted to get closer to her, but even then, that wasn't as easy as it seemed. Even though they were both royalty, they seemed to have nothing in common. Raised on Earth, raised as princes. Twelve of them. One of her. Werecat, and werewolf. The list of differences could go on indefinitely, but they all couldn't ignore it. Their inner selves were pulling themselves to her regardless of how different they might be. All they wanted to do was get closer to her. 

It was strange, but they couldn't get her out of their minds. Each time they tried, they ended up remembering how intoxicating she smelled or how her smile had melted their insides. The thought of her presence alone tickled the edges of their soul. 

"Alright, guys, go to sleep." Kris said, shooing them away. 

"Hyung, what are we gonna do tomorrow anyways?" Sehun asked. 

"Oh yeah, and why does abeoji want us to keep quiet about her being the werecat princess? If anything, its good for Feliane politically to let everyone else know that she's here to strengthen the bond and offer werecat assistance." Chen added. 

"Well, the werecats are in a tricky situation. The demons are still hunting down that wielder." D.O. replied. 

"Wielder?" Luhan questioned. 

D.O. sighed. "The wielder of the black pearl. The wielder is supposed to rise from the werecat society." 

"You think it's her?" Chanyeol whispered. 

D.O. looked offended. "I'm not going to make assumptions or judge. I'm sure she has her reasons for being raised on earth. Either we wait until she tells us or she just doesn't. Simple as that." D.O. said with a firm stance. 

"Yah, alright, really, go to sleep."  Kris said tiredly. "We have to go check up on the other major packs tomorrow." 

Hanseul woke up in the morning to find Leo sleeping on the couch in his feline form. She blinked. Whoa, wait a minute, she had gotten up earlier than she ever had today without being woken up by someone else. Well that was a change. She went to take a shower. 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was told to fetch Hanseul for breakfast. "Princess Hanseul, are you up yet?" He asked as he felt his heartbeat racing. 

.... .... ....

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter