The Sunrise [일출]

Black Pearl [Original Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Exo - Lucky [here]

It all made sense now. Kris thought to himself. 

His thoughts wandered back to the night of the Lunar Festival. 

The wizard smirked as he spoke in a magically amplified voice. "My dear citizens of Exo," He said, "I will leave you alone... if any of you know perhaps where I can either find the next werecat ruler or the wielder of the black pearl is." 

All the Exo princes growled protectively, especially Kris and Chanyeol when they realized that the damn wizard was looking for their mate. 

Hanseul hissed as she watched the dragon tear down the festivites and her eyes unknowingly flashed blue in the dark through a crevice in the wall. 

Suddenly the dragon's eyes flashed a dangerous amber hue, and the dragon started to rampage toward her hiding spot in the wall. 

Hanseul stepped out of the shadows. She had seen the dragon coming in time to dodge the smash. 

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at the wizard. "And just how would we werewolves know about the werecat population?" She asked insolently. 

The wizard smirked at her, obviously entertained by her attitude. "And what if I said that I heard rumors that the wielder was residing here?" 

Hanseul didn't look enlightened as her face remained impentretable. "Then you're quite foolish to attack the kingdom on the night of the biggest full moon without even knowing those rumors are true." she said acridly. 

Suddenly Kris heard a voice in the back of his head. "The crystal ball that the wizard his holding... Crush it. Shatter it. I will be free from his control, and I promise you that I will castrate him into flames and will be on your side, dragon brother." the ancient voice whispered, creating a contrast with the whispers of the wind.

Kris didn't know what dragon brother meant, but he assumed somehow the dragon was trying to communicate with him, so he easily did just that. He flew straight up to the wizard while he was a little too busy oogling at Hanseul, much to his discomfort and smacked that crystal ball right out of his hands, shattering the fragile trinket into a tiny million pieces. 

The wizard looked livid. "Why you--!" He didn't finish his sentence because the dragon had snapped out of its rampage and instead directed that rage toward the wizard himself. 

"." The wizard cussed. 

The dragon's claws were about to snipe through the wizard when the wizard muttered a spell and disappeared as fast as he came.

While the other princes were chastising Hanseul, the dragon seemed to be calling Kris. 

*You... called me dragon brother. What does that mean?* Kris asked gently, not wanting to offend the great dragon.

The dragon chuckled inside his mind. *Looks like all twelve of you still don't know where... your powers come from. You will find out in due time. It is not my position to tell you, but I must thank you for freeing me from the wizard's spell. For that, I am grateful. I am Razelle, the guardian dragon.* 

Kris nodded, not sure what to say. His eyes wandered around the setting. The festival was a total disaster. The dragon sensing his discomfort, apologized. *I apologize for the disturbances I may have caused. However, I am not a moron who leaves his debt unpaid. If there ever is a time when you need my help in this war, I promise to come to your aid.* The dragon firmly swore. 

So the question was... how was he even supposed to contact the dragon? 

Wasn't life wonderful? 

"So hyung, do you actually know how to contact the dragons?" D.O. asked out loud. 

"No." Kris replied as he scratched his head. 

"Dragon brother knows everything, my ." Sehun grumbled towards the direction GD disappeared. 

"Why don't we first research the species we represent? We might find a way to communicate with them somehow." Lay suggested. 

Everyone agreed as they rushed to the library. Hours passed by as they researched their own species. 

As Lay was researching unicorns, he found a book about dragons. As he reached for the book, he accidentally knocked it off the shelf, and the book fell to the ground. 

Kris picked up the book, and the page was open to "Different types of Dragons". Kris quickly flipped through the pages. 

'Razelle is the guardian dragon of sunrise. It is believed that Razelle guards the sun when it rises from the horizon. Razelle is believed to grant wishes to those who can spot him escorting the sun rising from the sky.

"Maybe we should watch the sunrise tomorrow." Kris said out loud. 

"Why? Do you want to snuggle with your mate?" Tao snickered. 

"No, read the page, it actually might be worth the shot." Lay declared. 

Hanseul peered over D.O. as she held on to his arm. "Yeah, I want to snuggle with my mates." She said as she shot a playful look at Tao. 

"Hey, I'll bond to you someday, too." Tao argued. 

Sehun gave Hanseul a back hug. "Tao, you're just jealous." 

Tao rolled his eyes. 

It was after dinner time, Exo, Hanseul and Leo were gathered around the fire place as a movie was playing on screen. 

Hanseul was comfortably snuggled in between Chanyeol and Kris. One of her hands was in Kris' other hand while she leaned on Chanyeol's shoulder. 

The sad ending where the heroine died brought tears to Hanseul's eyes. 

"Aww, baby, don't cry." Chanyeol cooed as he wiped her tear off.

Hanseul blinked her tears away and straightened up. "We should pack for tomorrow. Who wants to help me make breakfast so we can have a little picnic for tomorrow?" 

"What are the chances this is actually going to work?" Kai asked out loud sarcastically. "Come on, don't you think we'd notice a dragon flying up with the sun as it rises? There's no need to get up early." 

Hanseul rolled her eyes as she replied. "If you don't want to come, then don't. Nobody invited you." She snapped. 

Kai scoffed. "Are you guys all really going to take her side over me?" He said as he looked around the room. 

None of the brothers really responded. 

Kai crossed his arms as he muttered to himself before he teleported out. "Wow, so much for brotherhood."

Hanseul just went on. "Doesn't anybody want to help meee?" She whined.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter